+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you find packing difficult?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you find packing difficult?

Somehow packing always seems to be harder than it should be when I fly.

I kinda like the roadtrip thing where I just throw everything I could conceivably need -- photo equipment, lots of water, sex toys, outfits for every possible occasion and some impossible ones -- into the car, along with a proper full-size broken-in pillow and blankie and I'm good to go. Air travel has to be so much more compact and we're not allowed to bring most of the stuff I normally would i.e. like bottles of Perrier so I don't get even worse dehydrated than airplane air would make me under the best of circumstances.

Do you all find packing difficult?

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default Re: Do you find packing difficult?

OMG yes, I don't know if it's the homo in me but I tend to have a lot of stuff I need at the moment I'm p acking but doesn't get used in my trip at all...

CherryCola's Avatar King Of The Swing

actually im pretty good at it but it sucks because then everyone else gets me to do theirs

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

Packing this evening was kinda fun, mainly due to the hot tub afterwords, and the sushi bribes, still over all I hate it most of the time,
    (thanks Scar :P :P)

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I used to pack far too much for trips of any kind. these days I am alot more practical. I have also realized that there is nothing I cannot buy when I get to my destination should I need it, including makeup and clothes. (two bigies for me) I used to over pack like crazy, and then I got tired of carrying around a boatload of stuff. now I just really appreciate travelling super light. my back appreciates.. it too

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

i'm one of those who carries a little bit of everything, but i pack super light... but being a musician, well, you kind of have to... the worst thing for me now, is carrying my make-up on the plane, you have NO IDEA how much i hate having to check my stuff in instead of carrying it with me...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It depends how long I am going to be away.

If it's just a weekend, I just bring an extra shirt, and I'm good to go.

But if it's for longer, yes, it's difficult. I tend to plan out exactly what I need. How many pairs of socks, how many shirts I will need, etc...

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

yea even the smallest pistol feels like it is showing and they are all heavy and want to pull my pants down

oh you mean packing luggage nevermind

pack one good outfit there is always a walmart or kmart for new underwear and socks and slacker clothes

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

nope never had that problem

I love packing!

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

I HATE TRYING TO FIT ALL MY SHIT INTO AIRLINE-REGULATION BAGS. last time i went to cali, i took a carryon and one really big suitcase (so i wouldn't have to wrestle with two). i ended up having to pay more on the way back because LAX said that my bag was overweight. nevermind that i had less in it than i did when i left norfolk. whatever.

let's not even get into them trying to take my lipgloss, and me doing my damndest not to scream, "YES, BECAUSE I'M GOING TO BLOW UP YOUR FUCKING PLANE WITH MY OVERPRICED MAC LIPGLOSS YOU FUCKING DILDO."

had i done that, i probably would not be posting here today.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I normally leave the packing to my wife when we take our annual trip to the Whitby Goth Weekend. She always needs 2 outfits per day, (one for during the day, one for the evening) with jewellery and shoes, whereas I'm happy to have 1, maybe 2 pairs of skin tight jeans, 1 pair of boots, a black shirt and a few t-shirts. (I wore a Judge Death t-shirt on the night when Alien Sex Fiend played, the very same t-shirt that Nik Fiend was wearing at a gig last month in Belgium.)

I'd happily take my Army Rucksack with my stuff in, but she insists on packing properly!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

packing for a vacation im fine with. packing to move to another house makes me literally sick, i get so stressed. worst time of my life (physically) when i moved in with jamie, i was so sick he couldnt even touch me, i felt like dying heh... not cool.

Raven0129's Avatar Member

After moving a dozen times I'm used to packing up stuff. Not so much for vacationing though since I've only ever done that a couple times. I usually end up not really knowing what to bring or worrying about forgetting something.

+ Reply to Thread