+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

Default I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

I would like to say that I was aware of Tucker Max long before he was ever in print. On account of how Im such a spectacularly plugged-in girl on the interwebs. The truth is that there are massively high traffic sites which somehow never have audiences...
    Read the full article

CherryCola's Avatar King Of The Swing

Default Re: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

I love love love tucker max.
    hahah i actually posted a link to his site earlier on on here in the rude jokes thread.

the man is a legand. i could go into detail but its about 4.15 am here and my head is elsewhere

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

i have to read this book now!!!

you can get it on amazon with The Alphabet Of Manliness by Maddox

http://www.amazon.com/Hope-They-Serv.../dp/0806527285.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Hahaha!

I would never guess that I would hear about Tucker Max here on BlueBlood.

I post on his message board, and yes, the people there are VERY smart, very witty, and take no prisoners. I don't post too often, because you have to be very funny, or you will get slammed! BlueBlood is a bit more forgiving... But his stories, and his message board, are funny as hell, and give a great insight into people's thoughts. People are a lot more honest there about their lives, their feelings, etc. And hey, both sites have threads with boobies! Can't beat that!

i like how hes one internet "star" whos not famous because hes pretty, rich, bitches about famous people or big on my space.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

not really my kinda thing. I guess I don't get the joke.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Hahaha!

I would never guess that I would hear about Tucker Max here on BlueBlood.

I post on his message board, and yes, the people there are VERY smart, very witty, and take no prisoners. I don't post too often, because you have to be very funny, or you will get slammed! BlueBlood is a bit more forgiving... But his stories, and his message board, are funny as hell, and give a great insight into people's thoughts. People are a lot more honest there about their lives, their feelings, etc. And hey, both sites have threads with boobies! Can't beat that!
    Much as my aesthetics have somewhere around zero overlap with Tucker Max's, I just can't help relating to the intelligence and what is, at the end of the day, a pretty punk rock attitude and striving for personal freedom. And to be wholly honest, there have been times in my life when I was very tight with my friends, but very very very hostile to my dates. So I don't feel like I can be real judgemental there. And the guy's writing is funny. The blogosphere is starting to light up with people saying essentially, "I do not fucking believe Amelia G likes Tucker Max," so I'm probably going to have to write a more extended justification.

Exactly... I actually thought this was exactly the kind of board they would wahoo one day, or make fun of. I actually think that he seems to have respect and acceptance of anyone who lives by their own rules. It's his followers who are sometimes a little dense and judgemental. But they seem to respect anyone with intelligence and a quick wit. I actually find it interesting to see how those people think.

exile

i fail to see how anyone could consider this neanderthal fuck-wit intelligent except as some kind of sneering marketeering psuedo-wanker.

At the very least the book is just badly written: in terms of vocabulary, its like a
    a word-perfect imitation of some horny teenager's dream diary.

I regret that some bastard left it sitting in my bathroom.
    Personal freedom expressed as ejaculate is not interesting for me.

he says he writes as he speaks not in perfect "how it should be done" english.
    personaly i like that.
    its fun its a ass laugh . just take it for what it is in my opinion.
    and i can get the whole "a pretty punk rock attitude" from his stuff.
    he knows what he believes in but he duznt take himself too serious.
    id rather have a tucker max neanderthal fuck-wit book than some woe is me and our sad world emo bull.
    rock with your cock out as they say.

I'm sure there are some guys who read Tucker Max and only get out of it that they would like it if they had better game themselves. For them, it is perhaps a pathetic vicarious thrill to imagine being him.

I'm sure there are some chicks who read Tucker Max and think he is good-looking and rich because some anecdote implied that other girls think so. They are stupid and deserve to be subjected to humiliating one night stands until they learn how to think for themselves. It is never too late to learn to think critically.

For the rest of us, Tucker Max writes in a compellingly readable and humorous style. I also feel like there is also a deeper message about living life on your own terms, but, even if you feel I'm projecting on the last bit, the guy can write.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

or some guys think that he's a douche bag that treats people like shit and that shamelessly being an egotistical asshole isn't any more commendable than those that try to hide or justify it.

At least that's kind of what I'd tend to lean toward more. I just find it hard that "women want, and men want to be" this so-called great writer that I've never heard of until this thread. Snakes On A Plane got great internet buzz too. it doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    or some guys think that he's a douche bag that treats people like shit and that shamelessly being an egotistical asshole isn't any more commendable than those that try to hide or justify it.

At least that's kind of what I'd tend to lean toward more. I just find it hard that "women want, and men want to be" this so-called great writer that I've never heard of until this thread. Snakes On A Plane got great internet buzz too. it doesn't mean much.
    I guess my point is that I'm impressed with his writing, but I'm stunned that so many people can only relate to it on the level of either wanting to be him or wanting to bone him. Or not wanting to be him and not wanting to bone him.

That does not strike me as how people are supposed to analyze writing. I hope people can appreciate my writing, without desperately wanting to be me or desperately wanting to come in contact with my moist parts.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think part of the problem has to do with people's reaction to their significantly increased exposure to internet based non-fiction storytelling, or blog style writings. They have trouble evaluating the form like they would a traditional story, instead kind of personalizing their responses and often reacting emotionally instead of rationally. So they are more likely to just say Tucker is a dick, or I'm hot for Tucker or whatever, instead of coming at it on a higher lever, looking into the sociological implications of the behavioural patterns his documented experiences uncover.

I love Bukowski's writing too, but it doesn't mean I want to be like him...

+ Reply to Thread