+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Message To The Lurkers....

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default A Message To The Lurkers....

That there are a TON of people reading all of our posts but not too many actually replting? I admit to being guilty of similar behavior,

in fact often times I am interested in hearing what others have to say on here but I don't actually have any input. But isn't it kinda creepy that we are being watched?!?!?!?

Hypothetically if someone who does creep you out was watching what you post on here, what would you have to say to them....?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: A Message To The Lurkers....

I'd say.....

Hey G___, it's been a longtime and you still creep me out. Why do I still hear you bring stories about our relationship up to people when you see my picture? Don't you have anything new to talk about??????

EasyRider's Avatar Senior Member

Well, Scar, some of us make an attempt to say something, which often goes nowhere.

I tend to lurk more often than not cause I was raised to believe if I don't got nothin productive to add, then to shut the fuck up.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

If we mind being watched, BB isn't the most sensible place to hang around!

Shame that the memberlist plugin isn't active as it'd be interesting to see a list of all our 'members' and their post counts. I'm guessing only a few percent make it back regularly but it's always fun to see how many one-timers we got.

Lots of BB posts get a big hit rate simply because everyone knows the name.. it's easy to see from the stats and the replies which people are 'watched for who they are' instead of 'watched for what they think'. Personally I try to stay out of both categories by avoiding phrases like "FREE SEX VIDZ!! OMG DOWN()AD NOWWWWW!!!11!ONE" in my posts, and being a strangely anonymous kinda dude that nobody wants to see nekkid.

Let's face it though - the BB forums are a marketing tool and awesome though they are, tis but pretty fish in a window to most of our visitors.. watch, giggle, click a link to leave... s'all good.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

i lurk sometimes... if i dont really have anything to say... but i still like seeing what everyone else has to say cuz i loves you allllll!!!!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

hahaha You just slip in something "special" into one of your posts. Since I redid my *******, I made everything public. I found some ppl talking shit, so I'd drop in some amusing replies as it was obvious they had taken info from it.

OEC

better a lurker than a stalker, eh? But to say it truthfully, I just don't get to do what I want while maintaining a website, and helping to bring a new one up to par before opening it to the public. And working a mid-day job shift really does not help with getting online much.

i usually read through posts, and then delurk to post if it interests me... otherwise...

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

*lurking behind the wall of midgets*

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

*leering*

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I don't mind being watched at all, why, just last night I had my webcam on - perfectly innocently masturbating, of course - and a whole load of people flocked by to watch. Well, one really, but at least she was younger than me, for a change.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I look at the stats of how many people read a thread and how many put their two cents in and I definitely wish more people would post. I already know what I think, so I want to know what other people think. Of course, I guess I read more things than I comment on too. It doesn't bother me to be watched though. I'm used to it. Sometimes the specifics of who is obsessively watching turn out to be funny though.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    i usually read through posts, and then delurk to post if it interests me... otherwise...

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

I was lurking when I stopped by, but I must add that if the view I have is the same as another there is no need to bring perfectly sensible people to their knees with repetition.

Repetition is the tool of an unmotivated mind.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Oil~Boy 26
    I was lurking when I stopped by, but I must add that if the view I have is the same as another there is no need to bring perfectly sensible people to their knees with repetition.

Repetition is the tool of an unmotivated mind.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I comment when I feel that I have something to say - which is different to having something to contribute. Otherwise I move on...

+ Reply to Thread