+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Excuse me, but...

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Excuse me, but...

Something's going on and I'm not sure what it is. I finished updating my weblog an hour or so ago, uploaded the links and the tags and I've just seen nearly three hundred visitors in about 15 minutes. And none of the bastards are telling me what it is they've clicked into ... otherwise I could compound my success with a few few more similar posts ...

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Default Re: Excuse me, but...

and what is the problem? I am confused. Maybe it is because i am tired.

Weblogger

The problem - which isn't really a problem - is that my visitors suddenly increased by over three thousand in a matter of a couple of hours, and not because of a new entry. I've since found out that stumbleupon listed one entry out of over five hundred and everyone plus his gothic cat poured in to look at it. The entry wasn't even all that original, but nevermind.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    The problem - which isn't really a problem - is that my visitors suddenly increased by over three thousand in a matter of a couple of hours, and not because of a new entry. I've since found out that stumbleupon listed one entry out of over five hundred and everyone plus his gothic cat poured in to look at it. The entry wasn't even all that original, but nevermind.
    When I was an active blogger, I suddenly got a shitload of hits to a fairly uneventful post. I was getting articles from something called Action Ukraine Report which all members are free to repost. Problem was: You have to be really careful not to post an additional article by scrolling too far. I had, indeed, done that. The article was about a handicapped ukrainian woman. The hits were from an amputee fetish site. I was a bit skeeved out. It happens when blogging, Nightingale, just keep posting the stuff that matters to you. I toyed with tags some too. People are pitiful in what actually gets them to read. Luckily, I had a moderate but steady base so it didn't matter.

OEC

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heh OEC... wtf is skeeved?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    heh OEC... wtf is skeeved?
    disguisted. grossed out. There wasn't even a photo in the article. Legitimate news articles about disabled ukrainians as fodder for those twits? I know it will happen. I need not like it.

OEC

Weblogger

I've every intention of posting more according to what I want, and not according to what a few people in my comments section said I should do. However, I tag to Technorati and not to Stumbleupon, which is why I was knocked out by the increase in traffic - three and one half thousand in about six hours. Technorati never produces that sort of traffic and, if I'm not careful, I might just make it to 1% of my allotted traffic on the server for this month!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    I've every intention of posting more according to what I want, and not according to what a few people in my comments section said I should do. However, I tag to Technorati and not to Stumbleupon, which is why I was knocked out by the increase in traffic - three and one half thousand in about six hours. Technorati never produces that sort of traffic and, if I'm not careful, I might just make it to 1% of my allotted traffic on the server for this month!
    ah. I had all the stats in my control panel. I was tagged to a few feeds. but I really paid no attention on them.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread