+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Kinds Of Things Do You Like To Buy Online???

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default What Kinds Of Things Do You Like To Buy Online???

WHAT KINDS OF THINGS DO YOU LIKE TO BUY ONLINE???

There's nothing I cannot resist, but here's what I go for when I do shop online...
    Shoes using my friends wholesale account
    Books, especially the 1 penny books on Amazon
    make-up :-)

HERE'S WHAT I WISH I COULD FIND ONLINE.....really cool unusual spooky craft supplies, like ribbons with skulls on them and beads and stuff
    stainless steel shoes
    thigh high stockings I hadn't seen before

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: What Kinds Of Things Do You Like To Buy Online???

cd's, lots of cd's

Bedlamite

All clothing is better to buy online. Being a bit *ahem* fluffy, its much easier just to order something and hope its the right size than to have to go look at every bit of cellulight under florecents at WalMart.

And I don't know about stockings, but if there was something odd, this would be the place to have it : http://www.sockarmy.com/shop/home.php

I've got a ton of crafty friends. I'll ask where they get their cool beads, and if its online, I'll post it here.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

well you could always make your own skull beads! go to www.bead-patterns.com and/or do a google search for beaded beads... then search for a tiny skull pattern (ive got a couple i can email you if you want, and i could email you instructions for beaded beads if you like em yeah im a bead geek hahaa)
    hmm thigh high stockings... ever been to www.trashy.com ?? awesome site!!!

okay so a search on bead-patterns.com for beaded beads is useless... youll get every pattern that has the work "bead" in the description haha... PM me your email though if youre interested, or if anyone else is for that matter, and ill send some stuff ive got

I try to buy just about anything I can online.

I look at it this way: Say I need something mundane, like replacement blades for my electric razor. If I am going to go out for it, I have drive to a Target, drug store, etc., deal with traffic getting there, park, go in looking for it (and they may not have it), purchase it (perhaps waiting in line, and then deal with getting home.

See how much of my time I just wasted?

At this point, I have figured out my measurements and sizes for most things I need, so even apparel can be handled online.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I buy pretty much everything online. If I could, I would grocery shop online. Both cats are from petfinder and were transported via online order from Wisconsin and Kentucky respectively. I do need to pick a clothing size and stick to it. I gained some weight in school, now I'm losing weight and nothing fits. I figure I'll work out a bit 'til I get the proper form back. Then, I'll buy everything but groceries online. I actually want to learn to do my own tailoring to which would boost the online garb even more. The only exceptions would be when I needed advice on the home inprovement gig and/or bike/motorcycle/car purchase and repair. Hell, I may even with some of those. I value both productive and slack time more than money. You gotta keep your mojo flowin'.

Jackie T

PS: As an update, I am currently sponsoring Crooky the Cat. I'm renting and even getting 2 in a house this nice was a struggle. Her foster mom is great though. I'll continue the financial support until she finds a really good owner or indefinitely if not. I may try to work something out with a housemate, but I am pretty hardcore about proper animal rescue and adoption.

OEC youre such a good kitty mummy!!!!
    <3

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    OEC youre such a good kitty mummy!!!!
    <3
    I'm hoping my grandparents' first house in St. Paul comes up for sale. I could get as many cats as I want. I'd definitely get Crooky if she had not been adopted by then.

Jackie T

I love to get broken china, such as Blue Willow, or any other interesting plate pattern, tile, mirror, to make mosaics. What I can NOT resist is make-up, crafting supplies, music.... or really odd art. MC Escher merchandise, or anything with eyeballs

mmmmm eyeballs hehe
    the mosiac idea sounds way cool too!!

jackie T i hope you can get your grandparents house too! MILLION KITTIES!!! hahaa
    but only 1/2 million eyes! heheeee!!

Have you seen that xxx glass toys deal? I'd love to have a huge ass realistic eyeball matching my husbands tobacco amber green eyes right in the head!!!
    Yeah, that was a little off subject, but if that was offered online I couldnt resist it.

that would be so fabulously creepy!!! i think you should do it.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

The best thing I've bought online has been the Pub Sign from the film American Werewolf in London! The Slaughtered Lamb!

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

guitars... even by the time I got one air freighted from Kenosha WI (which is pretty much the north pole from here in sydney) I was way ahead. plus i get all the shiny-shiny-bad-times-behind-me bits for them online as well

clothes (business)... (opening the envelope) "... and the sharpest dressed kid at this company full of pretentious wankers is... oh no not him!" yes me. and business apparrel is fine to buy online. there is a diploma course in estimating sizes (UK/US/Europe/Asia/Moon). anything more groovy for outside of work i usually like to check out in the "flesh" (i like cow's skin but also the flesh of battery-farmed vinyls and endangered species fun-furs) so to speak.

jewellery... hi-ho silver away! this sucka don't need no gold mr. T. And girls... I will put out for emeralds, sapphires, exotic coloured diamonds, blue glass or cheap beer... just so you know for future reference. start beating the door down

designer crap for girls... you are probably not surprised to hear that girls quite like being gifted this stuff. I never heard one say "take that admittedly lame overpriced label stuff and fragrance away and never give me any more". not even ugly betty. it's the second least used phrase in the english language. the least used phrase is "stop giving me that bj and never dare give me another one".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    cd's, lots of cd's

but only when i have extra money for them

hahaa helcyon your post makes me laugh that shit is funny.

shiki's Avatar nappy headed ho

I spend the majority of my online money on books, videogames. dvds, music, exotic/hard to get food items, art supplies, clothes, art, bath supplies, and just a bunch of bullshit in general.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I'd like to buy one of these... http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/steampunkwatches

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Books, amusing thrifted clothing, DIY stuff (for my own projects and stuff made by other people), books. Occasionally make up. Lots of smell goods (BPAL etc) other fancy doodads and of course ugly things. I love my ugly things.

Kat's Avatar Member

Books, especially ones which are hard to get in Australia and New Zealand - the nearest good bookstores are in Auckland, and even they're not as large as I'm used to.

Clothes and Boots, for the same reason - since leaving Sydney, my range of clothing and footware availablility has dropped dramatically.

CDs

WEird and odd little things that take my fancy.

+ Reply to Thread