+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the origin of the name you use on the BlueBlood boards?

Default Re: What is the origin of the name you use on the BlueBlood boards?

It's an anagram for Tomcat Foes Perm.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    er.. ish. Keiko literally translates as 'training' and is one of the root nouns for practice or study (usually athletic rather than academic) - so keikoba is a gym hall, keiko chaku is a tracksuit, etc. It seems to have entered Japanese naming via the idea of a good student, such as in martial arts. For parental obedience I'd go more with juujun, but that's a more passive verb and most Americans can't pronounce the 'uu'. Keiko implies more energy; the control of power rather than the lack of it.

I've always thought it suits you though, not only as it sounds good and people can pronounce it properly, but the definition fits you.

and this is bad why? We need to catch up on our hits of K!
    hmm. i must of had a bad translator. and no, not everyone can pronounce it. you would be amazed at the myriad of mispronunciations i have suffered through, from kaliko to cocoa and calico and kikio (which is close and i nearly chose that one). its exasperating. i had to write a pronunciation key after my name (cake-oh) for the first three years i was in the biz. *shakes head* thank you though, i always wondered how close the translation i had was to the actual meaning. when i took the name, i thought "obedient child" was a good definition for a fetish model, esp a Sub. though i guess it still works.

the other handle I use a lot is SunshineReaper- which also fits well, i think. I stole it from an episode of "the Grimm adventures of billy and mandy" where Grimm says "I'm the Grim Reaper, not the happy fun-time sunshine reaper!" i thought it was funny, and some one should be the happy fun-time sunshine reaper. who better than me?

~K

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    the other handle I use a lot is SunshineReaper
    Hmm.. that's more fun as 'reaper' (kari te) is kinda welded to the idea of grass and so changing it isn't as trivial as in English, but "nichiei (no) karite" gets close enough to make the point. Foofing about with the kanji I'd hazard at

"nitch ee ay ka ree tay"

as to pronunciation of keiko, mine's different to yours! I'm not out to trash your astonishingly sexy accent or anything but there are three syllables in it, not two. ke-i-ko. Easier to say than to type (BB is many things but it's not skype) - there's a teensy little bit of the 'i' (short version, as it 'bit') and the 'o' is more like the one you use in 'opposition' than the one in 'open' - but hell, it's the US of A and you can say stuff however you want to.

You've got it easier than me though - my real name is impossible to convert phonetically so I was called all manner of strange things.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames

as to pronunciation of keiko, mine's different to yours! I'm not out to trash your astonishingly sexy accent or anything but there are three syllables in it, not two. ke-i-ko. Easier to say than to type (BB is many things but it's not skype) - there's a teensy little bit of the 'i' (short version, as it 'bit') and the 'o' is more like the one you use in 'opposition' than the one in 'open' - but hell, it's the US of A and you can say stuff however you want to.

I know that and you know that, but after the first four dozen mispronunciations i just wanted ppl to get close. i figured that i could get ppl close with cake- oh. oh how wrong i was! hence why i just started telling ppls to call me "K".

....I'm not even gonna try pronouncing the japanese of SunshineReaper. i know that i will fail miserably and there is enough misery in this world without my adding to it.

~K

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessBill
    Muppet Treasure Island.
    Yes, the best movie ever. I don't remember where mine comes from. I would like to think my own creation but I won't attempt to take that much credit for it, but until I remember I will say last minute panic.

+ Reply to Thread