+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do Seasonal Changes Affect Your Mood?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do Seasonal Changes Affect Your Mood?

In terms of overall seasons, my moods are only affected by humidity. Neither heat nor cold really affect me. Today, I just woke up sick and melancholy. While everything is going well, I just had this awful sense of things being just "off." I asked my housemate if this was a legitimate beginning to the seasonal change. She replied in the affirmative. Does anyone find this happens to them? It usually only lasts a few days. It only amounts to fevers and melancholia. It doesn't matter where I'm living at the time. It could be a place where seasonal changes are minimal.

I know there is no scientific validity to an actual correlation here. Just curious if others get this?

JT

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Do Seasonal Changes Affect Your Mood?

When its insufferably hot and humid and nasty I'm a miserable bitch. When its cold and wet I'm pleasant. I think it has to do more with my allergies than anything else. When the pressure changes too, often with the season my sinuses go insane which does effect my mood.

though lately i've just been as unpleasant as the weather ...and my mom in law.

~K

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I used toget that but not really this year, could be cause I finally have a job that I like.............dunno

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    When its insufferably hot and humid and nasty I'm a miserable bitch. When its cold and wet I'm pleasant. I think it has to do more with my allergies than anything else. When the pressure changes too, often with the season my sinuses go insane which does effect my mood.

though lately i've just been as unpleasant as the weather ...and my mom in law.

~K
    A lot of it has been with the sinuses. It just hit all of a suddent last night. I don't think I could handle living in Florida. Rain, Snow, Sleet are fine with me. Humidity just makes me cranky. I'd probably wear one of those full body suits with a/c built in.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I used toget that but not really this year, could be cause I finally have a job that I like.............dunno
    haha You always say that. I'm glad you got a good job though.

JT

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i hate the summer..sooo much
    i am super sensitive to heat and it honestly depresses me I LOVE the fall though..and winter is good too

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Pollen allergies notwithstanding (April finds me slightly more irritated than Chuck Norris in a ballet dress), I prefer the winter but only if it manages to do a decent job of itself. Five months of rain is not how the rules say it should be! Cold, crisp and snowy and I'm scampering about all over the place, but the wonders of global warming mean this year I just got wet.

Summer.. psych-wise the sunshine doesn't bother me and practically it's a lot easier to get stuff done with daylight at 10pm, but anything over 80F and I can't be bothered.. hence that catch-22 feeling of "it's too nice to stay indoors but too hot to go outside".

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I love the heat and humidity, I hate the cold, the forty below kind

I'm VERY sensitive to weather changes. It affects my mood, as well as chronic pain issues. It sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    Pollen allergies notwithstanding (April finds me slightly more irritated than Chuck Norris in a ballet dress), I prefer the winter but only if it manages to do a decent job of itself. Five months of rain is not how the rules say it should be! Cold, crisp and snowy and I'm scampering about all over the place, but the wonders of global warming mean this year I just got wet.

Summer.. psych-wise the sunshine doesn't bother me and practically it's a lot easier to get stuff done with daylight at 10pm, but anything over 80F and I can't be bothered.. hence that catch-22 feeling of "it's too nice to stay indoors but too hot to go outside".
    Are you generally in the U.K. over winter?

JT

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

San Diego is simply hell right now, the humidity is making the 90+ weather so much worse.
    And of course, it comes when we have 3 very important deadlines to meet, and conveniently, is supposed to end right when they do..
    In fact, why am I on here right now?!
    I need to get back to work!
    The heat is making me soo spaced out, and I've had a sore throat for a few days..

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

At the moment yep.. when I'm someplace else I'll be working, and one studio/plane/hotel room is the same as any other! I plan all my vacations for the depths of winter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    Are you generally in the U.K. over winter?

JT

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I do feel a lot worse in the summer, though this may be partly to do with my hayfever. For some reason I prefer Autumn to most other times of the year. It just seems a nicer time to be around outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    At the moment yep.. when I'm someplace else I'll be working, and one studio/plane/hotel room is the same as any other! I plan all my vacations for the depths of winter though.
    I hear ya. Everything just blends after awhile. I like the cold better as well. Only things I don't like are just as the seasons change (always get sick) and humidity (always get lazy as hell, but do get things done using the "scenic" route)

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I do feel a lot worse in the summer, though this may be partly to do with my hayfever. For some reason I prefer Autumn to most other times of the year. It just seems a nicer time to be around outside.
    The entire summer? That sucks. I'm already plotting my trips to the coast to avoid next year's humidity here.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant designs
    San Diego is simply hell right now, the humidity is making the 90+ weather so much worse.
    And of course, it comes when we have 3 very important deadlines to meet, and conveniently, is supposed to end right when they do..
    In fact, why am I on here right now?!
    I need to get back to work!
    The heat is making me soo spaced out, and I've had a sore throat for a few days..
    Do you believe the weather patterns have changed in SD over the last several years? I was born there and lived there as a kid. I may have been used to it (then subsequently adjusted to a lack of humidity) but it always seemed temperate to me. I haven't been down there in years and years though. Bummer about the timing of the humidity. Hope u feel better soon.

JT

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Im pretty lucky, ive got a pretty high tolerence to cold n hot, i love summer rain, the warm dancin in the street on way home from great night out kind, bein from GB summers only bout 2wks long, lol,so rain, snow n all that is all i got to work with, i also produce huge amount o heat, always warm i rarely get cold, got reputation for bein hot in bed, lol, unfortunatly its the sleepin next to a furnace kind o hot in bed lol not the "say my name!" kind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman
    Im pretty lucky, ive got a pretty high tolerence to cold n hot, i love summer rain, the warm dancin in the street on way home from great night out kind, bein from GB summers only bout 2wks long, lol,so rain, snow n all that is all i got to work with, i also produce huge amount o heat, always warm i rarely get cold, got reputation for bein hot in bed, lol, unfortunatly its the sleepin next to a furnace kind o hot in bed lol not the "say my name!" kind lol
    2 weeks?? Damn. That's sweet. Could you (or any folks in the UK) give me an overview of Scottish weather? I've always thought it'd be fun to hang out there for a couple years.

JT

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    The entire summer? That sucks. I'm already plotting my trips to the coast to avoid next year's humidity here.
    We always holiday in Whitby, where we had our honeymoon, in October. It gets foggy, which for some reason cheers us both up.

+ Reply to Thread