+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would You Engage In Couple Swapping???

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Would You Engage In Couple Swapping???

WOULD YOU ENGAGE IN COUPLE SWAPPING???

Say you and the person you were dating had a mutual attraction to another couple you knew but weren't into swinging. Would you agree to trade partners for an evening? Do you think it would result in jealous feelings on your behalf or not?

Personally, I could see agreeing to it under very specific circumstances. Only if I saw no threat in doing it, and it wouldn't upset the person I was dating. There'd have to be complete open-ness and honesty about it too, so it didn't get all weird and confused. I have never tried it and don't anticipate it being really possible though, as the chance of disaster seems high. I'd rather swing :-)

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: Would You Engage In Couple Swapping???

Nope. No way in hell. Im WAY too jealous and so is he;]

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    WOULD YOU ENGAGE IN COUPLE SWAPPING???

Say you and the person you were dating had a mutual attraction to another couple you knew but weren't into swinging. Would you agree to trade partners for an evening? Do you think it would result in jealous feelings on your behalf or not?

Personally, I could see agreeing to it under very specific circumstances. Only if I saw no threat in doing it, and it wouldn't upset the person I was dating. There'd have to be complete open-ness and honesty about it too, so it didn't get all weird and confused. I have never tried it and don't anticipate it being really possible though, as the chance of disaster seems high. I'd rather swing :-)
    How are you defining swinging vs. swapping. Swapping equal doing it out of sight of one another and not as a group?

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

I doubt this experience will happen for me as my ego is way to fragile. I will never say never but damn close. I have some friends who are swingers, they are happy. It takes all kinds to make a world but I have to admit I get a bit possessive & all those I have dated have as well.

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

i don't know doesn't that still count as swinging?

My girlfriend and her husband are swingers. But anyway I would obviously I am not the jealous type. My girlfriend has been married for 12 years. I frequently play with other couples, because my girlfriend has a disability from us doing much.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

You need to have a totally committed relationship with the person, with no jealousy issues. Most of the swingers I know, are married, with kids, etc. So there is no chance of them leaving each other. They just want each other to be happy with their sex life. So they are happy to spice it up for each other.

With your situation, I would probably be more concerned with the other couple, and their issues of jealousy. It's a quick way to ruin a friendship. My swinger friends have tried to get me to fuck their wives, etc, but I would be too worried about it messing up my friendship with both people in some way.

I go back and forth on the issue. In some cases, I feel like I would only trust my good friends to do something with my SO, because I trust them not to fuck me over, and they will respect my feelings. But on the other hand, it's just a little weird, if your friends have also been banging your SO, and vice-versa... But I think Amelia's point about group, versus private, I would absolutely want it to be a group thing. If there is no jealousy, then you should all enjoy the mutual pleasure of the experience, not sneaking off to bang someone else in private... I think the group thing helps aleviate some of the jealousy stuff.

It's complicated, that's why I tend to just avoid it, even though I have no real issues with the idea...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

too lazy

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

as long as everyone is up for it, i'll do just about anyone/thing. but hten i'm an addict.

~K

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

Woohoo so Keiko when you coming down to Savannah, GA? =P

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Doubtful. If you want to hang with me and swing, it needs to be defined in advance. If it's going to be some sort of non-monogamous relationship, it better be defined in advance. I'm not making some direct swap like that. I would be swapping someone I had become attracted to *in part* due to their exclusivity to me. It'd be over quickly.

JT

It would not worry me as long as everyone is agreed and no second thoughts. I'll try most things and I do not get jealous.

I just have one problem I do not have a partner at present to swap.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

i'm actually thinking about that right now ;P

Michelle Aston's Avatar deviant to the core

I think swinging is cool if you have a shopping list of things that you just can't do in a closed relationship, or in my case, you just don't have enough arms or reach. LOL.

Let me use myself as an example. Say I like to bang my male sub bottom, but while I bang him, and I bang him well, he may crave sucking cock at the same time, because he is a total subbie bottom slut. So I may shop for an interested chick with a strap-on or another guy with biological cock so that I can better address his needs and get him off properly. I can understand the need for all holes filled, and if you care for that person, don't you want to make them happy?

On the other hand if my lover said to me hey, I want to spice things up a bit and try someone new without a detailed description of things I can't do physically, then I probably would lose interest in them rapidly. Even though I am fairly open/healthy/over the top sexually, I don't like playing the field, and having been a dominatrix I have dabbled in fetish clubs, and most of the swingers there are kinda gross.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I'm not in a couple. I'd sub in though

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

It's all about trust and communication, if you discuss things with your partner first it can be a great experience.
    As long as you're sure jealousy won't be an issue, I say go for it.
    I've had a lot of fun with this in the past, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Never.

+ Reply to Thread