+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are You Loyal To Others Even When It Works To Your Disadvantage??

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Are You Loyal To Others Even When It Works To Your Disadvantage??

ARE YOU LOYAL TO OTHERS EVEN WHEN IT WORKS TO YOUR DISADVANTAGE??

Now this question could be answered with deep interpretation or not :-) So feel free to have your own take on it....

The reason I ask though is because I am now taking private lessons to learn ribbon acrobatics. I found out there is a place in Hollywood where I can take a class for $10- $15 instead of $60, so I am strongly considering leaving my teacher. I love her though, and her baby, but the price break is pretty significant. I'd be able to train more than once a week, too, which I have been wanting to do......

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Are You Loyal To Others Even When It Works To Your Disadvantage??

only loyal to a point, not for an extra 300%, unless I'm getting that much extra value in return

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I am loyal to my friends until they prove that my loyalty is misplaced, ie they betray my trust, try to subvert other friends, stabbing other friends in the back (you'll be surprised how many times this has happened)

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I can be loyal to a fault. I tend to give people more chances than they may deserve if they seem to be "in trouble". I decided it was unhealthy as I can be the "leader" when I have to. People sometimes come to resent that (even if they concede it helped them). I'm learning to let go more now. Ingratitude makes me bitter. As it was more a survival mechanism I developed in my teens, I only need to be aware of it when a situation comes up. I don't care about a lot of the pette ante shit (ie don't bother me with your relationships, finances, shit talk, etc.)

JT

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I go with a simple rule - you get what you'd give. Someone who's loyal to me gets the same from me, but if I know they're on the phone to someone else before I've let go of the door handle, I'll not think twice about doing the same.

Business-wise I'd have no compunctions to switch to a cheaper source no matter how 'nice' the person was - it's their job, you don't owe them anything beyond being a client. It's nice to think 'we get along like friends' but if that teacher retired or you gave up the lessons there's not a snowball's chance in hell she'd be calling round for coffee and cake.

If you feel guilty then tell her why you're switching and give her the chance to get her prices sorted out. It may be the new one is undercharging and will hike her fees in a month, or it may be your current tutor is just a little off the mark and needs to realign herself with the market.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I'm loyal to a fault. I know I am. You have to earn my loyalty first, though. I have gone to "war" for my inner circle of friends. And only two of those friends have ever been removed form that inner circle. One for becoming a selfish bitch who turned her back on all the people that helped her, even those of us who essentially saved her life and then bent over backwards to keep her in her private high school for the rest of her senior year. She dropped out before the ink was dry on those papers and squandered the money we lent her for food and clothes on drugs that she brought into a mutual friends house and ended up getting the cops called on said friend who couldn't tell the cops it wasn't her because her allergic reaction to the burning weed closed her throat up. Needless to say, the culprit was disowned. The other has a more gruesome tale that I will not tell here, or ever.
    Other than that, I'm there for the people that have been there for me. If my friend Erin from grade school were to call me up tomorrow and say she needed my help, I'd be there for her.
    I'm loyal to a fault. and I know it. I've given the shirt off my back to a near stranger. But that's just part of my charm

Customer loyalty is a whole 'nother ball park. Scar baby, If this teacher is really your friend, when you express your feelings about the prices and the classes, she will either be understanding or will work with you. If not, she's just a teacher. Though I bet if you offered to take her to lunch with some of the money you're saving you might be able to retain the friendship.

~K

vulfgrl's Avatar Tainted

I almost always am. Even when I know they're being disloyal to me. If they take too much advantage of me, I leave and they realize they shouldn't have.

+ Reply to Thread