+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are You Still Friends With People From Your Childhood?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Are You Still Friends With People From Your Childhood?

ARE YOU STILL FRIENDS WITH PEOPLE FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD?

The person from pre-adulthood that I am closest to is my best pal David, who I have known since he was 15 and I was 16 (10 years folks). We still talk almost every day and of my best pals he is me best best one. We dated in high school and I lost my virginity to him.

The person I have known from the youngest age is this girl A.L. who I went to high school with, we met when I was 14. She's now married to a cop in Long Beach and our only communication is online. However, there were about 7 or 8 years in there where we didn't talk......

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: Are You Still Friends With People From Your Childhood?

Nope. With my dad in the military pretty much my whole younger life I think I learned how to not develop long term friendships/relationships. Moving around so much I think all of us kids learned how to let go pretty early on and never expected someone to be in our lives more than a few years.

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

Uh, I am still in touch with my old pals boyfriend. He sort of went to our school in high school for autoshop. That is about it. My sisters both know most of the people we went to school with so I hear all about their exploits, even when I don't want to.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I "keep in touch" with some of them, but that's not the same as being really good friends. People change so much over the years, so it's hard to maintain really awesome friendships, unless you are in the same city, do the same things, and evolve together.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

me and my best friend have been best friends since we were 3 years old, were 20 now. We have lived across the street from each other for 17 years, were like brothers, hell, we are brothers.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

oh yeah, we still hang out and listen to mettallica and slayer, one of the guys I work with Ive known since grade ten......a lot of people gave up heavy metal for that new wave stuff that year

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I'm actually trying to look up all my old friends. I ran across my friend Beth on ******* (omg something the dang site is good for!) a few weeks back. We were best friends from the second grade to 6th, when I moved. I'm trying ot look up my friends Jeremy and Nick and Jess (siblings all) that were friends of mine from oh, about age 7 to the seventh grade. same goes for my friend Charles. I'd really really like to run into Jeremy again though. *sigh* my first crush (think Andy (of combichrist) light).

Other than that my oldest and best friend is my husband whom I've known since the seventh grade. <3

~K

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Nope. With my dad in the military pretty much my whole younger life I think I learned how to not develop long term friendships/relationships. Moving around so much I think all of us kids learned how to let go pretty early on and never expected someone to be in our lives more than a few years.
    what she said.

when my family did finally settle down when my dad left the army, the few friends i gathered i lost contact when i left new zealand.

No, can't say as I have, even though I spent 21 of the first 26 years of my life in Reno.

Didn't have that many friends as a kid, and didn't go through a lot of the usual kid experiences, so there really weren't a whole lot of people with whom to keep in contact by the time I started going to university at 18.

Add on to that, that in university, started making various new friends, cultivating new interests, etc, on top of all that, and, well, you get the picture, I think.

Would occasionally run into one or two of my childhood friends around town, but the contacts, while pleasant enough, weren't exactly anything to inspire renewing a relationship with them.

Plus, by the time I left Reno in August '91 for Las Vegas, my main goal was simply to get the Hell out of Reno, and so, I did.

And, no, haven't seen nor heard from my childhood friends since that time.

Occasionally have dreams about Reno and the old neighbourhood, with various bits and pieces of Vegas geography thrown in, as the years pass, and my memories of Reno fade a bit. But, not a word either back or forth between my childhood friends and me.

Mayn't be the nicest way for things to turn out, but, for some people like myself, that's how life turns out.

I was never one then or now for many friends, and those I did have I have lost contact with over the years.

My mother knows more about the people I went to primary & secondary school with. She'll say 'You remember he/she they're now working somewhere got a child' and some of them I need hints to remember them.

+ Reply to Thread