+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acck! writers block

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Acck! writers block

it figures. the minute i decide to try to do something with my writings- i get all the flavours of writer's block. So I'm sitting here bored and all well.. bleh. Anyone got a cure or six for the blockage?

~K

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Acck! writers block

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    it figures. the minute i decide to try to do something with my writings- i get all the flavours of writer's block. So I'm sitting here bored and all well.. bleh. Anyone got a cure or six for the blockage?

~K
    PM me something short but that has some of the ideas u are working with. I'll try to send back something u might play with

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

My fiction writing teacher said Weekly World News was always good for him when he had writiers block. Alas, it is no longer being published and I'm not certain how useful it would have been for the type fo stories I am aware of you writing.

Here's a cheap trick I've used when I've taught writing classes: When you get stuck, change your writing method. If you type, write by hand. If you write by hand, type. Changing the physical act of writing can work wonders.

Another trick: Copy a paragraph or two by some writer you admire. Don't change anything, just copy the writer's words onto your page or the screen. Sometimes, getting good writing running through your brain, even if it's someone else's good writing, can kickstart your own creativity.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i often find that informal "writing exercises" help get my creative juices flowing. like a brainstorming session or stream of consciousness writing. or even finding good, new reading material. perhaps a newly bought cd to listen to.

+ Reply to Thread