+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are you currently into watching a lot on TV?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default What are you currently into watching a lot on TV?

I've been watching a lot of Hardball, Colbert Report, and I've been enjoying a Discovery channel series called The States lately. UFC has kind of fallen off my regular watch list, but I have been catching more Wild Kingdom. Looking forward to Dexter. Oh, and F the DJ, I think Monday night football may have saved my life...

Default Re: What are you currently into watching a lot on TV?

I just caught the season pilot of Chuck for NBC on demand. It looks pretty interesting.
    I'll catch myself watching Cheaters in the middle of the night, and during the day I usually have my headphones on with music. Although the channels that are mostly on is the Discovery Channel as well.

I figured out I could get my live365 internet stations through my Tivo wireless, so the TV has been more about being a sort of radio receiver lately too, which I find to be pretty cool.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Still right now I'm way to into Mythbusters. I watch that show way into like the billionth rerun. Just something about getting drunk and blow crap up for science that is very appealing.

I miss that Spike show where they just blow shit up, taking bizarre requests from viewers.

Colbert. (Daily Show if I'm desperately procrastinating). It's Always Sunny in Phill. Next week...Heroes! And Bionic Woman (please don't suck).

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I figured out I could get my live365 internet stations through my Tivo wireless, so the TV has been more about being a sort of radio receiver lately too, which I find to be pretty cool.
    I freaking LOVE Live365. I have probably 5-6 pages of favorite stations.

We don't watch actual TV since we don't own one but I love Dexter, Nip/Tuck, this Australian Law and Order-ish cop show. Um.

And lots of UFC events. I love those. Other random MMA stuff from Japan too.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    I freaking LOVE Live365. I have probably 5-6 pages of favorite stations.

We don't watch actual TV since we don't own one but I love Dexter, Nip/Tuck, this Australian Law and Order-ish cop show. Um.

And lots of UFC events. I love those. Other random MMA stuff from Japan too.

City Homicide on Channel 7, addicting show, watched the premiere and hooked.

Eagerly awaiting Dexter to come back to Showtime,
    although we have to wait a bit longer, already seen
    the first two episodes of the new season from an
    advanced pre-air media release.

Tons of UFC.. as well as K1-GP and Pride FC..
    and how could you forget Human Weapon?

Then there is Last Comic Standing, Ghost Hunters,
    Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, random History Channel
    and still catching up on Rome and various other
    full seasons of other shows. Still nice not having
    an actual tv set... DVB-S works just as well, if not
    better and a tv would just end up as a either a second
    computer monitor or an editing bay monitor.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Mad Men is hands down my favorite show on right now.

I'm still watching Weeds, despite their injection of the morality play suck factor. Looking forward to the new season of Dexter. I'm hoping The Wire and 30 Rock start again soon too. Really into all the weird factoids on The States. Was watching some news for a while, but it started getting me too angry, so cut off my supply of Daily Show, Hardball, and Colbert. I wish Danny DeVito would leave It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Nothing against him, but he changes the tone of the show.

Superna's Avatar Senior Member

awww.. everyone has been telling me to watch weeds for the longest time!! I think it is right up my alley... t-vo it for me amelia I know my list is kinda lame, but what can i say ...

Rock of love with Bret Michaels

Top Chef

Ramsey's kitchen nightmares

Tim Gunn's guide to style

Dinner Impossible

Iron Chef America
    (as you can probably guess... i have a chef fettish

and I almost forgot....

The Pick Up Artist

can anyone remember life without DVR ??

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I effin love Chef Ramsey!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Superna
    awww.. everyone has been telling me to watch weeds for the longest time!! I think it is right up my alley... t-vo it for me amelia I know my list is kinda lame, but what can i say ...

Top Chef

Ramsey's kitchen nightmares

Tim Gunn's guide to style

Dinner Impossible

Iron Chef America
    (as you can probably guess... i have a chef fettish

and I almost forgot....

The Pick Up Artist

can anyone remember life without DVR ??
    Before TiVo, I didn't even plug my TV in for reception, just a VCR or DVD player or a game player.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Does anyone know when Ramseys kitchen nightmares is on? I saw one episode and got caught in moving to St Louis, and now cant remember...

I hope Jess wins. I hate that red haired chick.

I just finished watching a marathon of The States a week or so ago. How weird. I didn't think anyone I knew would be watching it. Also Rock of Love and music videos.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

on the tv is survivor man and on the lappy is dutch late night tv. (gawd i love hte dutch)

~K

Superna's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    I hope Jess wins. I hate that red haired chick.

She makes everyone I know so mad...f*in Lacy!! Especially because everyone I know grew up totally loving poison!! I have a theory that she is a paid actress, hired to stir up some drama !! There is no way a rock star like Bret Michaels can't spot saboteur groupie slut like her a mile away !!

Jax : I just saw an episode of Ramsey today... I know there's one on tomorrow too.. just not sure what time. I set all of that junk to an event timer ya know??

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

i watch travel channel constantly, I've never been anywhere really, but i could tell you everything about all kindsa places lol

Da Vinci's Inquest, which is syndicated down here in the States, Farscape(don't have cable, so am discovering it in re-runs), any of the Law And Order series, and The Shield(which, like Farscape, have discovered in re-runs). The last-named show, in characters and tone, reminds me tonnes of James Ellroy's books, only in modern dress.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    Still right now I'm way to into Mythbusters. I watch that show way into like the billionth rerun. Just something about getting drunk and blow crap up for science that is very appealing.

oh i love watching mythbusters too...mostly for adam's hi-jinks, as i've seen most of the episodes before. i also love watching both seconds from disaster and air crash invstigation (on national geographic).

other than that i watch heroes religiously, i couldnt bear to miss an episode!

but because i'm in england i mostly watch many different programmes that perhaps arent shown on American television. thursday on bbc2 is a great tv night!

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Also bein from over the water, ive not heard o some of the programes mentioned but poison, i love heroes, in fact i couldnt wait and got the whole lot off a mate of mine, Don farscape is quality n the grey chick is very hot, i also like the new version of battlestar, i watch way to much music tv for my own good, and lots of films, disturbia pretty good by the way, any movies i should watch?

Ta', Tinman, for the lovely words about Farscape, and Gigi Edgely(who plays Chiana, the "grey chick", is sexy as all Hell and then some).

As for flicks, well, just got through watchin' Stanley Kubrick's 1964 black comedy, "Dr Strangelove: Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb", with the late Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, on DVD, and a better black comedy you'll never find, I think.

Incidentally, for you, Tinman, and the rest of the Brits on the boards, the film was shot at Shepperton Studios in your lovely country. Don't know where how far that is from your neck of the woods, Tinman, but, if it ain't too far, take a drive by there sometime, and see it for yourself.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

well i dont really watch tv but i now have access to a big collection of tv series (most of which i havent seen before, some i havent even heard of) that i have been checking out. just burnt through the entire Full Metal Alchemist series, Invader Zim, My Name Is Earl, X-Men & X-Men Evolution and Transformers Cybertron. im currently rewatching South Park, started on Battlestar Galactica, Two & A Half Men, Las Vegas, Future Weapons, Stargate & Stargate Atlantis and The L Word.

when you look at how much shit there is up there, you might be surprised to find out that there are only actually 4 shows i actually watch on tv, as in being broadcast over teh tellyvishin, those being House, NCIS, Supernatural and Thank God You're Here

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    oh i love watching mythbusters too...mostly for adam's hi-jinks, as i've seen most of the episodes before. i also love watching both seconds from disaster and air crash invstigation (on national geographic).

other than that i watch heroes religiously, i couldnt bear to miss an episode!

but because i'm in england i mostly watch many different programmes that perhaps arent shown on American television. thursday on bbc2 is a great tv night!
    Since I rarely get full control of the remote control, on sundays I normally take the chance to watch Sci-Fi channel. My wife likes to watch cartoons (usually Disney Channel) but she is warming up to the Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
    Right now I'm watching Star Trek (TOS) on Sci-Fi and next is Farscape.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    Gigi Edgely(who plays Chiana, the "grey chick", is sexy as all Hell and then some).
    ..and maybe to be seen feeling slightly ashamed in Alien vs. Alien if Nu Image ever get their accountants to sit in the same room without crying. If they do it'll be a ->DVD title, and no, it's nothing to do with the franchise. Like that's gonna happen with the company that gave you Jessica Simpson: Major Movie Star. Here's a few of the only stills to make it off the lot intact... when you have SFX as *cough* as they do the previews are best kept off the net. Cue 'pose with the expensive rubber tree that looks like rhino turd':-

You're in a bad situation if you're watching Farscape first-time in 2007 though, as every web geek knows the plot, who dies, who doesn't and what 'frell' means.. so you're going to have fun avoiding spoilers! Steer clear of The Peacekeeper Wars until you've finished the final season repeats though or you'll blow everything.

I've been to Shepperton and almost survived - it's a nightmare of a place for anyone who's used to 'studio' lots in the US - masses of little companies squished into broom cupboards and stairwells means you spend half the day trying to remember where someone is, then half the day trying to remember where you left your coat and your lunch. There's a distinct lack of awestruck tourists in golf carts! Teddington is the same but folded into an even smaller box - one day I expect to see a plot floated about a group of lost foley artists forced to eat each other to stay alive...

Futurama re-runs, Family gun re-runs, Cowboy Bebop re-runs, and Harvy Birdman re-runs.

Most of its still new to me though ...

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

The Simpsons, Will & Grace, & Full House re-runs

and if I wake up early enough I like to watch the Mike & Juliet show in the mornings...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    ..and maybe to be seen feeling slightly ashamed in Alien vs. Alien if Nu Image ever get their accountants to sit in the same room without crying. If they do it'll be a ->DVD title, and no, it's nothing to do with the franchise. Like that's gonna happen with the company that gave you Jessica Simpson: Major Movie Star. Here's a few of the only stills to make it off the lot intact... when you have SFX as *cough* as they do the previews are best kept off the net. Cue 'pose with the expensive rubber tree that looks like rhino turd':-

You're in a bad situation if you're watching Farscape first-time in 2007 though, as every web geek knows the plot, who dies, who doesn't and what 'frell' means.. so you're going to have fun avoiding spoilers! Steer clear of The Peacekeeper Wars until you've finished the final season repeats though or you'll blow everything.

I've been to Shepperton and almost survived - it's a nightmare of a place for anyone who's used to 'studio' lots in the US - masses of little companies squished into broom cupboards and stairwells means you spend half the day trying to remember where someone is, then half the day trying to remember where you left your coat and your lunch. There's a distinct lack of awestruck tourists in golf carts! Teddington is the same but folded into an even smaller box - one day I expect to see a plot floated about a group of lost foley artists forced to eat each other to stay alive...

MG: Ta' for the recent pics of Ms. Edgely from her latest project, even if it is a dog kennel, info about that, and the description of Shepperton Studios(Didn't know about the other studio, though).

No worries about plot spoilers and such for me, as Farscape entered the Vegas broadcast market in 2006, so have had plenty of time to absorb the various characters, plots, themes, sub-themes, and so on.

Also, have a very good friend of mine, who was a fan of the series while it was on the Sci-Fi Channel here, and he and I used to talk quite a bit about the show during the course of our many, lengthy phone conversations about this, that and t'other.

Don't generally go into fan forums and the like, so, little to no danger of spoilers coming from that angle.

Finally, as for Ms. Edgeley's involvement in the dubious Nu Image project, well, am just gonna say what another old and dear friend of mine would say to me, if we were watching one dum-dum flick or another with Jack Palance, or someone else like that, "Hey, she's workin'", which, for just about any professional artist, is one of the most important goals he or she can have.

If one can, sure one tries to find prestigious, artistically well-made projects that wow the critics and public, bring home some box-office bacon, and increase one's bankability for later projects.

But, sometimes, that just doesn't quite work out that way. So, one takes a project or two that, one hopes, at least won't be too God-awful, and hopes that the director, producers, etc, aren't completely incompetent/non-paying shits, and that one can have a reasonably good working time on set.

Sometimes, it can be a bloody nightmare all the way.

Either way, it's work, which is one of the reasons I think Scott Baio went for his current "reality" series .

That boy opened up lots of cans of worms in taking THAT project on!!!!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

She makes everyone I know so mad...f*in Lacy!! Especially because everyone I know grew up totally loving poison!! I have a theory that she is a paid actress, hired to stir up some drama !! There is no way a rock star like Bret Michaels can't spot saboteur groupie slut like her a mile away !!

Jax : I just saw an episode of Ramsey today... I know there's one on tomorrow too.. just not sure what time. I set all of that junk to an event timer ya know??
    Thanks! Ill have to look it up on the tv directory thing we have.

Who is this Ramsey person?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    Who is this Ramsey person?
    How can you live in the UK and not know Gordon? Don't ruin the widely-held belief in the US that your dinky little country is soooooo small that everyone knows everyone personally!

(wonder what Jax would make of Si and Dave....)

Don : Gi may have been slugging at TV since she fell out of college but hasn't billed over title on a movie apart from Freo (which you won't have seen unless you went to Australia.. actually even then I don't think anyone bothered..) so "Alien vs Alien" would've been her first lead. Still, she can always fall back on her career in music... ahem...

(our engineer said it sounded like the noises you get in your head when a transvestite hooker's slipped a Dramamine into your tequila. She's got a way with words...)

Ah, Gordon Ramsey! I know of him, but since the shows he normally does are reality shows, we don't watch them. We find them boring. There are better things to watch than no-talent-wannabees making idiots of themselves on national tv. Have you ever seen British Big Brother?
    You do realise the only reason he went into the Chef business was that apparently he was too much of a wimp to play football, according to players that he tried out with. When I say football, I mean "Soccer" for those of you that hadn't guessed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    How can you live in the UK and not know Gordon? Don't ruin the widely-held belief in the US that your dinky little country is soooooo small that everyone knows everyone personally!

(wonder what Jax would make of Si and Dave....)

Don : Gi may have been slugging at TV since she fell out of college but hasn't billed over title on a movie apart from Freo (which you won't have seen unless you went to Australia.. actually even then I don't think anyone bothered..) so "Alien vs Alien" would've been her first lead. Still, she can always fall back on her career in music... ahem...

(our engineer said it sounded like the noises you get in your head when a transvestite hooker's slipped a Dramamine into your tequila. She's got a way with words...)

Well, as you know, MG, tv stardom doesn't always translate into movie success, so Ms. Edgeley's no exception in that category.

As for your engineer's description of Ms. Edgeley's music...

Well, haven't heard any tracks, so I can't and won't comment as to its quality or lack thereof.

Will agree with you, however, that your engineer's got quite a way with words .

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

In fairness, these days I wonder what even qualifies as tv. I can get video feeds on my 37" LCD from around the world. I generally don't, but I can. Most actual foreign tv is almost as ridiculous as the U.S.

Jackie T

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

prison break starts tomorrow,

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

i've been watching a whole lot of nothing since i don't have cable, and most likely never will. i have been watching alot of football at work though... so far the raiders are 1-1 wins loss this year... i'm really hoping for a great season this year after last years season... last year was pathetic.

New Americas Top Model starts tonight. Supposed to be all futureistic..which is what im all about

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

I have decided to cut back on TV, but I gotta have Larry David in my life. Seriously I love that guy. I caught 2 curb your enthusiasms last night. Jeff Garland need to learn to beat off in his own house.

Bedlamite

Rock of Love & Pickup Artist are my guilty plesures. Such damn amusing TV.

I try to catch L.A. ink too...

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    New Americas Top Model starts tonight. Supposed to be all futureistic..which is what im all about
    I don't get the CW, I have to wait for the marathons on VH1. sigh.

Also, The Universe, Digging for the Truth, and Cities of the Underworld on the History Channel.

I'm looking forward to the October programming on teh movie channels.

+ Reply to Thread