+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever suspected a pickup artist?

Bigun's Avatar Junior Member

Default Have you ever suspected a pickup artist?

This question is more for the ladies.

I've known about and studied the art of pickup years ago, simply because I was interested in how the female mind worked. I also found out how animalistic a male mind can be. All that aside here is what I was wondering:

How many of you have ever suspected a pickup artist is hitting on you?

For reference, if your not sure what I am talking about, run to google and search, you'll find tons of stuff on it.

Default Re: Have you ever suspected a pickup artist?

I wonder why you are posting this:

because you want direction for your personal identity,
    or because you have a man-hating script you wish to elaborate,

Some women may like pickup artists, because the man makes the decision and is the aggressor. This may take a load off passive women. Some women may not like them for exactly that reason.

Thinking long term, we are all pickup artists in life: all looking for opportunites, or trying to create them.

As long a man is not offensive, there is no offense in making an approach. If his motives match the woman's, both of them will know soon enough, so they can make their decision.

If you see a person you like and you make an overture, it is offensive for the other person to assume you are using a "line" or a manipulative technique.

Any way you can start a line of communication is valid and any response a woman makes or does not make reveals her character. So the wise man has to see the woman's true character from her responses and decide if she is good enough for him.

If the man does not really like the woman after the initial exchange, the woman will know, even though the man may not. He may be so immature, that he thinks he should persevere with a complete bitch because of an image of masculinity he is trying to fill.

But if the man likes the woman subconsciously, the woman will recognize this, if she is in tune with things, even if the man does not yet. Then she can take the initiate, so she does not miss out on a good thing.
    Last edited by White Ghost; 09-30-2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Meh who cares if they are cute and they come on to you and you want them ...

Hell I've gone after enough people who I find attractive, I'd hope that one or two would come after me.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    This question is more for the ladies.

I've known about and studied the art of pickup years ago, simply because I was interested in how the female mind worked. I also found out how animalistic a male mind can be. All that aside here is what I was wondering:

How many of you have ever suspected a pickup artist is hitting on you?

For reference, if your not sure what I am talking about, run to google and search, you'll find tons of stuff on it.
    The word troll comes to mind.

JT

I don't think you quite understand. These guys have one interest in something, and that is mainly to get laid. Now if that is what the other woman is after, and I know my fair share of them, then so be it. But some women who would actually want a long-term relationship fall for this "act". Right down to having common acronyms for psychological hurdles put in their way during the whole act of seduction. "Boyfriend breakdowns", looking for IOI's, breaking the BS (Bitch Shield), and so on. As much as the feminist movement has come forward, it seems some women are allowing this objectification and moving backward.

But we are falling off subject.

I asked who suspected if they have ever been approached by one. I have no personal agenda for this, I have someone I am currently.... kinda with... and have no interest in pursuing a life of a pickup artist or pickup artist killer.

I don't think you quite understand. These guys have one interest in something, and that is mainly to get laid. Now if that is what the other woman is after, and I know my fair share of them, then so be it. But some women who would actually want a long-term relationship fall for this "act". Right down to having common acronyms for psychological hurdles put in their way during the whole act of seduction. "Boyfriend breakdowns", looking for IOI's, breaking the BS (Bitch Shield), and so on. As much as the feminist movement has come forward, it seems some women are allowing this objectification and moving backward.

But we are falling off subject.

I asked who suspected if they have ever been approached by one. I have no personal agenda for this, I have someone I am currently.... kinda with... and have no interest in pursuing a life of a pickup artist or pickup artist killer.
    You mean cads then? Where they actually lie and imply a relationship that will be promptly ended when the next flavor comes around? That's just dishonesty be it male or female. The way you phrased it, it looked like you were goofing around. Bottom line to me: HONESTY.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    You mean cads then? Where they actually lie and imply a relationship that will be promptly ended when the next flavor comes around? That's just dishonesty be it male or female. The way you phrased it, it looked like you were goofing around. Bottom line to me: HONESTY.

JT
    No harm, no foul.

It just urks me that we have TV shows that now advocate and even teach this behavior. Then again, there's MTV, why am I not shocked.

No harm, no foul.

It just urks me that we have TV shows that now advocate and even teach this behavior. Then again, there's MTV, why am I not shocked.
    I haven't watched MTV in awhile. If you mean they promote the use of implying relationships and commitments that are disingenuous, I would tend to agree. If people want to fuck, I believe they should be upfront. If they want a relationship, they should be honest about what it will and will not entail.

It's odd ya know. Psychologically, I think we are still seeing a puritanical overtone. If folks need to be dishonest (or even the social lubricant) for something as basic as sex, have we really progressed at all? It's a shame. I am sure you are correct regarding some folks.

JT

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

...Right down to having common acronyms for psychological hurdles put in their way during the whole act of seduction. "Boyfriend breakdowns", looking for IOI's, breaking the BS (Bitch Shield), and so on...
    You know, I've actually read a few sections of those sorts of strategic manuals. That bitch shield stuff cracks me up. It's really entertaining to watch some nitwit run that sort of game on the wrong people. It's like watching a traffic accident in slow motion. On the other hand, I know a lot of girls that really don't give a hoot about what some guy says, they have kind of already made their decision and it's only up to him to fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    . On the other hand, I know a lot of girls that really don't give a hoot about what some guy says, they have kind of already made their decision and it's only up to him to fuck it up.
    ironically that's what some Pick Up Artists will tell you

still i think Forrest might have a little more experience talking to, and hanging out with hotties than some other guys.

just maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    You know, I've actually read a few sections of those sorts of strategic manuals. That bitch shield stuff cracks me up. It's really entertaining to watch some nitwit run that sort of game on the wrong people. It's like watching a traffic accident in slow motion. On the other hand, I know a lot of girls that really don't give a hoot about what some guy says, they have kind of already made their decision and it's only up to him to fuck it up.
    What is a bitch shield? ie women getting the ones they don't want away? The funniest to me is seeing a guy hit on a lesbian haha. We make bets in clubs on the outcome of shit like that.

JT

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Good lord ... honestly if I'm interested then only you can screw it up if not none of my friends needs to 'shield' me.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

there is no art to lying in order to get laid, a true (pickup) artist is obvious about what he is, that is part of the charm, and it leaves you free to focus on whats important...picking up women....

The word troll comes to mind.
    JT
    I would not be so quick to condemn. Maybe he is checking different lifestyles out, so he is trying to see how one scene fits with another.

Quote Originally Posted by White Ghost
    I would not be so quick to condemn. Maybe he is checking different lifestyles out, so he is trying to see how one scene fits with another.
    Condemn? Nah. I thought he was just goofing. I understood where he was coming from when he explained it. There are a lot of bullshitters out there.

JT

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

all men are pickup artists just different levels of skill the trick is to give the audience what it wants

What is a bitch shield? ie women getting the ones they don't want away? The funniest to me is seeing a guy hit on a lesbian haha. We make bets in clubs on the outcome of shit like that.

JT
    Bitch Shield is a "front" that 10-rated women put up for the AFC (Average Frustrated Chumps), to get put down by. IE, a way to weed out the weak ones.

IMHO, anyone that stuck up isn't worth speaking to in the first place.

Bitch Shield is a "front" that 10-rated women put up for the AFC (Average Frustrated Chumps), to get put down by. IE, a way to weed out the weak ones.

IMHO, anyone that stuck up isn't worth speaking to in the first place.
    ah yeah. That is kinda silly. To begin with, I'll talk to folks if we're just hanging about. Generally, it ain't to pick em up. I would just assume the chick is a moron in that situation.

JT

+ Reply to Thread