+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB- one bag of Infinite Holding

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default WTB- one bag of Infinite Holding

Cause no one needs more than one.

I'm trying to pack everything I'm going to need for two months in Europe into three rolling bags and two laptop backpacks. Its not working. Sweaters take up ALOT of space and somewhere in there I need to pack my Work clothes and shoes and makeup and socks and underwear etc etc etc.....

When I was packing for LA (warmer climes) I managed to get all my skirts, tanktops, tees, underthings and work clothes into one medium duffel and one rolling bag.

This effing BLOWS.

I'm taking a break atm, as bending to pack for more than an hr has caused my back to spasm all the way down my left leg into my foot, like electric fire.

so ...... ACCCKKK!

~k

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: WTB- one bag of Infinite Holding

I had one, but it turned out to be a bag of devouring.

damn mimic bags...
    ~K

Can i just say I love off the wall D&D refferences. "In the game of life, The DM can be such a dick"

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

underwear? it's europe! go european! lol

Glork- In this game the DM is a fucking cunt. At least that's what they call me TY for getting it as a D&D reference rather than a WoW or Harry Potter (okay technically Hermione) reference

Malcom- baby, i'd love to leave the wads of fabric behind buuuuut, i need to take thongs and bras and stuff for the photos besides we don't want certain parts to get cold

~K

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

y'see the issue facing all Americans is that from all the way over in the good old US of A, "Yerp" seems a tiny blip of a continent that barely makes Iowa scared, but when you arrive you find it's a fcking great heap of a place with snow and desert in equal volume. Given that the average American female requires three changes of pants for a day spent loafing about her own house, it's physically impossible to "pack enough stuff" for Yerp. Take what you feel like taking, forget the rest and rely on the amazing fact that stores over there accept your credit cards without more than a whisper of "steenking amereekan devilzzz" under their breath. I've also found, after ten years of touring the planet in dry-clean only outfits, that if the weather decides to ignore your choice of clothing there is a place called "inside" where it usually doesn't rain. Once "inside" you will find many other Americans sheltering there and taking photographs of "outside".

It is pointless to attempt the "elite female packing system" whereby fifteen layers of cashmere are folded into a FedEx envelope without being creased - as your baggage will be searched by a man called Wayne who takes personal pride on making sure each of the aforementioned items arrives at a slightly different airport.

but apart from that, of course I wish you all the best babe. The female prisons here are so much more gothic-lesbian-chic than back home.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Glork- In this game the DM is a fucking cunt. At least that's what they call me TY for getting it as a D&D reference rather than a WoW or Harry Potter (okay technically Hermione) reference

Malcom- baby, i'd love to leave the wads of fabric behind buuuuut, i need to take thongs and bras and stuff for the photos besides we don't want certain parts to get cold

~K
    ah-so. you should get some of them spacebags or just pick out your favorie shit and leave the rest behind or get one of them military dufflebags, that thing'll pack a ton of shit. i'd send you mine but it was stolen when i lived in memphis

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I lived out of a pack for losts of years.....It does suck

i turned my old suitcase into a holding box for my canes......now i have a sword stand for them so its a trashcan lol

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

dont bring what you can buy locally you can also ship stuff home if you are a broad with too much crap to haul home

Luckily i'm NOT flying so "random TSA terrorist #33215 will NOT be carefully undoing the tetris like precision that i finally managed to get everything to MOVE overseas into these five bags. That's the hard part here- if it was just for Vacation i wouldn't be as worried about trying to get 90million things onto the boat with me. But after my three weeks in London we're getting a flat in either Prague or Amsterdam, haven't really decided yet. Depends on the amount of cash I make in London.

I had to leave behind a bunch of shit- including my best boots.

The train leaves at 1 pm tomorrow for NY. Must sleep now.

~K

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

I dont know what it would cost but can you find some lighter things and maybe ship them to Europe postal? I had a friend do that and it ended up being cheaper for her. That was AGES ago though, and it was there to here, so it may not work for you. But a small box like your underthings and a some extra shirts and pants?

It may be cheaper to buy some of that stuff new when you get there as well. I'm cheap so buying new stuff when I get somewhere usually isn't that big a deal as long as there isn't much I have to replace.

Have fun in Europe. I have wantd to go there since I was 13 and I have still never been.

now if only i had a place ot ship things to....

i won't have a permanent flat till at least the last week of novemeber.i do have a butt load of stuff packed to be shipped as soon as i do have an address to ship things to. alot of stuff needs to be replaced anyhow, as the whole plugs thing is different.

i'm starting to get the feeling this whole thing is completely insane.
    one of those moments seized by sanity and shaken to the core. hopefully it'll pass and soon i'll be back on the track that makes my life so much more entertaining than many other 25 yr olds.

~K

well, new york awaits your arrival keiko!!

have a nice trip, and i hope you got everything to fit.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

the plugs thing shouldnt be a problem though, just buy a travel adapter. theyre only like $20AU. dunno what that translates to in your moneys, but its pretty cheap.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I hear ya. I crave a portable hold.

Have a lovely journey, Keiko, and good luck over on the Continent. Most of all, have fun.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I hear ya. I crave a portable hold.
    Bag of Holding and a Portable Hole. What more would you want when traveling other than a traveling companion that won't let you down and possibly has a Deck of Many Things to relieve the boredom of long train rides.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

<3 the D&D reference and now I want to go and play again! Damn it!

Have fun Keiko and take Europe by storm, I'm sure you will!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

five bags of stuff and you aren't taking your best boots?

+ Reply to Thread