+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you talk to your pets??

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do you talk to your pets??

Sometimes I feel like Mister Dink and Selene are gonna actually SAY something to me one of these days. They give me these looks like they are full of all sorts of information I am waiting to hear. Perhaps most of it is based around their desires for food and love, but you never know, perhaps they'd like to disclose to me secrets of what goes on in my house when I am not around, tales of wonder!

Do any of you ever feel like your animals are trying to speak to you? Do you talk to your pets as though they understand? I certainly do!

Default Re: Do you talk to your pets??

Yup on both counts.

Amigo's always telling me or asking me for something(food, play or pets, usually), and yep, I respond back to him.

How much of my monkey-boy gabble he actually understands, I have no idea.

In turn, my comprehension of much of his kitty chatter I don't really understand terribly well.

Still, it amazes me how well we get along for all the mutual mis-comprehension.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

always talking to the cat...and the cat always talks back

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i always used to talk to my cats, especially if i was feeling depressed. I always got the feeling i wouldnt behave the same toward a dog because they don't always look that interested :p

I used to read my rabbit stories.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hehee poison.. my parents dog always looks ENTHRALLED when someone is talking. the facial expressions on this fuckin hairball are insane.
    so yea we talk to the dog hehee... she doesnt really talk back.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

yes, and I even have a few lame songs that I sing to my cat because she kicks that much ass. she's my favorite "person" fer sure. I like her better than every human bieng. she's like my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    yes, and I even have a few lame songs that I sing to my cat because she kicks that much ass. she's my favorite "person" fer sure. I like her better than every human bieng. she's like my kid.
    I second that for my cat too...

please, who doesn't talk to their pets? only def I guess.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I communicate with my cats through voice, sounds, and body motions. They do understand and respond in kind. I love my girls.

JT

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

I have a song I sing to my pets too. More than one actually.

Her name's Selene-lene lene-le-lene-lene
    She's the smallest of the dog-dog's
    She's the small-small-small-small-small-small-small-small-smallest of the dog-dogs

His name is Mister Dink and he's smarter than you think
    He'll shit when you're not looking and steal what you are cooking

Ms. Voltaire: Used to whistle an old tune, "Boo-Hoo" for my late cat Sara, who would respond by mewing, rubbing the side of her mouth against me, and giving me nibbles(probably in an attempt to shut me up), and have been known to sing a tune or two for Sara's now-deceased sister Annabelle Lee, and the one surviving cat here at Casa Rilea, Amigo.

Mr. Jackie: Nice to see you back here again. Like you, I do what bits of communication, mainly echoing Amigo's own mews and chirrups, as well as the narrowed eyes bit(For those of you out there who don't know, narrowing of the eyes in feline body language is a sign of affection). Hope you and your babies are doing better than well.

Ms. Scar: The pet song's you sing for them are quite charming. Wonder how they respond to them???

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Zim - the giant orange scaredy baby of my heart has actually spoken on occasion. usually just inflections in his miaows that sound like "Mom" and "Rob" that are more than likely just delusions of my kitten affected mind.

Nocturna on the other hand, understands perfectly well the words that come out of my mouth but when I demand an answer she gives me this look like she Knows how to speak human but wouldn't lower herself to spewing such an inferior and inelegant way of communicating. She's the little goddess of the house.

The thing is my cats - all of them from Fuzzy to Furber to these two - have all "spoken" to me before. The only thing that stands between a real conversation is my puny human self.

Nocturna also comes running when ever either Rob or I cries. When one of us sis having a nightmare she will nip at our hands and faces to wake us up and make sure we're okay.

I sing to my kids all the time. Usually the Zim is Dim song. my little dirt eating half wit. *heart*

*wails* I miss my babies!

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Zim - the giant orange scaredy baby of my heart has actually spoken on occasion. usually just inflections in his miaows that sound like "Mom" and "Rob" that are more than likely just delusions of my kitten affected mind.

Nocturna on the other hand, understands perfectly well the words that come out of my mouth but when I demand an answer she gives me this look like she Knows how to speak human but wouldn't lower herself to spewing such an inferior and inelegant way of communicating. She's the little goddess of the house.

The thing is my cats - all of them from Fuzzy to Furber to these two - have all "spoken" to me before. The only thing that stands between a real conversation is my puny human self.

Nocturna also comes running when ever either Rob or I cries. When one of us sis having a nightmare she will nip at our hands and faces to wake us up and make sure we're okay.

I sing to my kids all the time. Usually the Zim is Dim song. my little dirt eating half wit. *heart*

*wails* I miss my babies!

~K

Well, K., wherever you settle down, whenever you do, see about getting your kitty-babies over to you as soon as you, and the quarantine regulations of whatever part of the world you're in, allow you to reunite with them as soon as you can.

Amigo the Cat's an orange tabby baby too, and I prize him as much as you do your beloved Zim.

My sympathies are with you.

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Unfortunatly my moggy died this week, im gutted, id had him for bout 12yrs, its good goin but he was family, gonna miss his keepin me company late at night messin on the net. I used to talk to him all the time, his expesions were pure comedy sometimes, when ur laughin to yourself after readin something, usually here lol, then turn to your pet and htey ahve that look of u better not be laughin at me on there face and you go all sheepish as if they told u off lmao.

My sisters dog listerns but dogs are just a bit thick, sorry, its the reason there mans best friend, its our level, ratfl x

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman
    Unfortunatly my moggy died this week, im gutted, id had him for bout 12yrs, its good goin but he was family, gonna miss his keepin me company late at night messin on the net. I used to talk to him all the time, his expesions were pure comedy sometimes, when ur laughin to yourself after readin something, usually here lol, then turn to your pet and htey ahve that look of u better not be laughin at me on there face and you go all sheepish as if they told u off lmao.

My sisters dog listerns but dogs are just a bit thick, sorry, its the reason there mans best friend, its our level, ratfl x
    Condolences to ya, Tinman, on the loss of your moggie.

'Least you had him 12 years or so.

Still, it's his presence, and all the little things about him you'll miss, I imagine.

Lost Annabelle Lee at the beginning of October. She was 15 and a half years old, and had been with me for over 14 years.

Still have Amigo, though, and he's a young 'un, which I hope to have around for many years to come.

Again, my sympathies to ya, Tinman, on your loss of a great friend and companion.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

My kitite gabriel is my son. Smart and a damn good kid too. I think I will get him a treat

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Cheers Don, ur right its the little things.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Rob and I always say we're "Happily Married - two cats". I miss my kids so much. I even miss the bad bunnie ( you might remember Sprocket with his cocoa puff cotton tail and chocolate ears) who is kinda like "my son's friend who is over every day and has been unofficially adopted".

~K

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

yes, yes i do.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i ued to talk to cloud all the time before my sis came y to pick him up. he was fun to talk to-no i just talk to my farting mnster plushies or my spooky props like the evil clown that stands over the head of my bed before i go to sleep at night. i dont know if he understands what im saying but he always smiles

+ Reply to Thread