+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guilty Gear

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Guilty Gear

Anyone play it?

I do! I absolutely love it. Honestly I'm obsessed. I've always been a fan of fighting games but this one is just over the top. Filled with gothic charachters, anime style art, heavy metal music and the most complex gameplay system of the genre, it's perfect.

I have a friend, me and him will literally fight each other for hours and not get bored of it. We have a goal to get good enough to enter into one of those video game tournements and beat a bunch of the asian player's asses at it. (nothing against asians but fact is they dominate the video game competitions)

If you have a ps2 and enjoy fighting games, you HAVE TO get this. Besides brand new it's only 30.00

BTW when I say this games system is complex, I really mean compex.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Default Re: Guilty Gear

honestly, never heard of it b4 now. So I just Googled it, looks pretty damn fun. Got a Wii recently, but always looking for a good, fun fighting game. I think I'll check it out, thanx for the tip.

it's on wii as well. they added some features to the wii version. an accent calorie counter lol and easy FRC (wich is not very respectable at all, infact I hate that they did this) False Roman Cancels, are a method used to extend combo's by cancelling out of a move that you can't normal continue comboing from by returning the charachter to neutral rather than performing the normal actions involved following the moved performed. (if you go to youtube and look at the combo and match videos, anytime you see a blue light around the charachter it's a FRC) Normally FRC have a very very small window they can be performed in. some are as small as 3 frames. considering that this game operates at 60fps that is a 1/20th of a second window where the player can FRC. on the WII they allow you to change that to an horribly big window of up to 20 frames. (1/3 of a second, plenty of time for any normal person to react to)

What that means is for those of who have spent hours perfecting those FRC's (some people take as long as 50 hours to perfect just a single move's FRC) is that anyone who owns a wii can now do it without any effort at all.

^^^LOL at me ranting.

Anyway did you try it?

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i wikid it looked interesting, ut while i enjoy fighters a lot i rarey ever play them after the initial week or two. id try it given the chance though.

^^^I've been playing this game for the longest time. Unlike other fighting games where you learn the basics and there is no room for improvement so it gets boring, this one has such a deep system the things you can do are endless (when it comes to improvement). Thus, keeping the game intresting.

+ Reply to Thread