+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Britney just lost her kids?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Britney just lost her kids?

Seems that barricading herself in the house and going off in a bipolar rage against the cops taking her kids hostage against a court order is sufficient, as well as missing your last six court dates, to have you removed as custodial parent in any way.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Britney just lost her kids?

oof

Tox screen came back FLAT AS A FUCKING STRAP

she was clean.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Who the fuck wouldn't freak out if people in jackboots came to take their children away? I think there is a primal drive there and anyone who would be chill in that instance is generally long since bred out of the gene pool.

Er, that's the reverse if I understand....

she went nuts

THEN the cops showed up.

dead_but_twitching's Avatar Member

wasn't everybody kinda expecting that since her last "rage"?
    i feel sorry for her kids though... not because their mom i probably the worst artist ever, but because she's a nut job

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

You know, this isn't the first thread you've started about Britney in the last couple weeks BikerPunk. You could be judgmental and smug about her personal issues, but it's clear that you are interested. One has to wonder if your fixation, as well as that of those like you who also obsess about her private/personal life, aren't contributing to the problem.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Forrest, of course they are. But think about it, without the healthy and somewhat perverse interest in the downfall of major pop stars, most of them would simply fade away into the obscurity deserved by their lack of talent and depth of character. And so would the rags that help perpetuate their stardom. It is an entire industry, multi billion dollar industry at that. Famous for being famous.

Forrest - she's this generation's Sid Vicious- as Malcolm McLaren once said of him, he was a "fabulous disaster".

I am not happy with the woman's downward spiral - not one bit. Nor am I being particularly judgmental. There was a time that I completely ignored the girl cause I can't stand her music, and her whole fake-virgin in a schoolgirl outfit biting her fingernail thing was calculatedly nauseating...

The things that just get to me about this story are:

1) She's obviously in a case of serious mental breakdown. That in and of itself is a complete train wreck, and we all have something in us that stops and stares despite ourselves when an ambulance shows up on the highway, especially when a sheet is thrown over the person lying on the side of the road.

2) I feel for the kids. I really do.

3) Issues of famous privilege, female privilege and class privilege come up time and time again. Noone's described Britney as insane, yet a girl doing this at a less-than-stellar income level would be forcibly medicated.

If she'd been Brian Spears, she'd have lost her kids day one, or at the first sign of non-cooperation with the state, would have only been allowed to see his kids for an hour in a state-mandated facility with two bailiffs, tazers at the ready.

And if she'd been Brian Spears, the image would not have been of her taken away in a bed, we're worried she'll hurt herself. It would have been a guy lying under four cops, one of whom would be dislocating his arm.

If I've come across as smug or judgmental, that's not really it, but thanks for bringing me a bit down to earth. I see a lot of interesting commentary on the human condition in this story, as opposed to ZOMG did you like totally see the cops at her house? I wouldn't have cared to watch the "seige drama" unfolding on live TV or anything...

I'm obsessed with the issues this is raising, does that make sense?

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

since this is not the first, or second, time that she has shown instability, im really suprised that she has yet to get help. or is the whole reason that this meltdown still going on because she is refusing to get the help that she needs?

ive never known a parent who did NOT have a 'problem' when someone was coming to take away their children or react positively when learning that they were going to have to give them up. that is traumatic in and of itself.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Forrest - she's this generation's Sid Vicious- as Malcolm McLaren once said of him, he was a "fabulous disaster".
    if that's the best this generation can do..............anyways, she's old enough to live with the consequences of her actions, she doesn't like it, well tought shit, she might be a disaster but she's nowhere near fabulous

but hey, she's still got a long ways to go before she hits bottom

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

I mentioned it to my husband quite some time ago. I still think this is severe post pardom. I know that most people would say thats a cop out for her but I can assure you, I have seen, experienced personally, and heard worse stories of what happens to some women with post pardom. Crazy shit is not unusual in severe cases. Your brain chemistry is completely fucked. You are clinically insane. Thanks to that asshole Tom Cruise belittling it, it's definately been thrown in a "woman lie about how bad that really is" light. I ended up on Prozac over it, and I'm edge (for about 2 years, until I got pregnant with my last child which was a girl and some how balanced out my chemicals. Dont ask me its just a guess that thats what did it). I HATE meds, I HATE pills. I only take things if I have no other choice. It can happen and it can be severe.

Mind you I am not saying I am absolutely right about HER. However when you add post pardom to a screwed up family life, screwed up childhood, and constant thrust into lime light and no privacy (self imposed or otherwise) from a young age, you end up with a pretty unstable mixture that can end up just like her now.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Who the fuck wouldn't freak out if people in jackboots came to take their children away? I think there is a primal drive there and anyone who would be chill in that instance is generally long since bred out of the gene pool.
    damn straight. Man I tell you what, if I just got back from court and it was blatently clear that I had lost my kid(s) I wouldn't give them up either, and that girl is followed 24/7 jesus, how are you suppossed to stay sane and function like a normal person, I think the media has ruined her....it's not about her being an "entertainer" or anything anymore, they've completley violated her life. I feel so bad for the kids, I would be soooo upset if Kaden ever had to deal with anything like this.

oh well...price you pay for choosing not be a normal person....

ive never known a parent who did NOT have a 'problem' when someone was coming to take away their children or react positively when learning that they were going to have to give them up. that is traumatic in and of itself.
    For the record, when my ex-wife and I split up, she decided to relocate hundreds of miles away to a foreign country. I know how that feels.

But if I deviated from what the state told me I could and could not do with the kids for an ohfucksecond, never mind a microsecond, I'd be faceplanted into the ground with a faceful of pepper spray and 30,000 volts going through me.

And the split up was amicable. None of this palaver like you see with K-Fed and the like.

well, having children is a serious business, I have one too......

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    oh well...price you pay for choosing not be a normal person....
    No it's fucking not. It shouldn't be anyway. Like it or not, she had some hit songs that were catchy and a lot of people liked them. Nothing in that says she deserves to be driven out of their head. Nothing says that bully tabloid hounds have the right to provoke horrible altercations and then cash in if they snap a shot of a star being frustrated. Nothing in that says that all of society has the right to be that judgmental and derive their entertainment out of her misery.

When did pop culture enthusiasts all turn into sadistic church ladies? People talk about 'no talent' this and 'undeserving rich' that but clearly you are all mistaken. Maybe it stems from self loathing, given that somebody bought all those records, but I want to encourage people to shine. I want people to WANT to perform to their best, write that hit song, start that great band, and it totally shocks me that supposedly cool/hip culture has gotten so destructive and so discouraging and so BITTER. You are supposed to be railing against the pressures to dumb yourself down, to hold your tongues, to do your cog in the machine duties, and dare not shine. You are NOT supposed to be the agents of bland conformity. I am truly disappointed by the consistency, the predictability, with which the WRONG sorts of people are the enemies of individuality, creativity, and success.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    No it's fucking not. It shouldn't be anyway. Like it or not, she had some hit songs that were catchy and a lot of people liked them. Nothing in that says she deserves to be driven out of their head.
    I completely agree. I don't think her problems stem from that. There were no paparazzi present when she made the decision to not give her kids back to her ex-husband.

Nothing says that bully tabloid hounds have the right to provoke horrible altercations and then cash in if they snap a shot of a star being frustrated. Nothing in that says that all of society has the right to be that judgmental and derive their entertainment out of her misery.
    Unfortunately, the human race derives tremendous enjoyment out of the suffering of others. I do believe the German language has a specific term for same?

When did pop culture enthusiasts all turn into sadistic church ladies? People talk about 'no talent' this and 'undeserving rich' that but clearly you are all mistaken. Maybe it stems from self loathing, given that somebody bought all those records, but I want to encourage people to shine.
    I'll also grant you that. The comments about her being "fat" were out of line. Her being clearly unrehearsed, sloppy and erratic, were not.

I want people to WANT to perform to their best, write that hit song, start that great band, and it totally shocks me that supposedly cool/hip culture has gotten so destructive and so discouraging and so BITTER. You are supposed to be railing against the pressures to dumb yourself down, to hold your tongues, to do your cog in the machine duties, and dare not shine. You are NOT supposed to be the agents of bland conformity. I am truly disappointed by the consistency, the predictability, with which the WRONG sorts of people are the enemies of individuality, creativity, and success.
    I'm sorry, Forrest, are you suggesting that Lil Miss Manufactured from her silicone tits to her tightrope walk on the madonna/whore line wasn't a completely calculated, plastic and corporate excuse for artistry?

Don't get me wrong, when she can be arsed to practice she does what she does very well. And I agree with you nobody deserves to be hounded like crazy. But that's what comes with "shining" which is why I do not shine.

oh, I don't say she's underserving or talentless or anything like that, she had to have done something right to get where she is, I'm just saying everyone has to make sacrifices.....

and as for getting hounded........well with shows like springer and the like, unfortunately thats what people want.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I completely agree. I don't think her problems stem from that. There were no paparazzi present when she made the decision to not give her kids back to her ex-husband.

Unfortunately, the human race derives tremendous enjoyment out of the suffering of others. I do believe the German language has a specific term for same?

I'll also grant you that. The comments about her being "fat" were out of line. Her being clearly unrehearsed, sloppy and erratic, were not.

I'm sorry, Forrest, are you suggesting that Lil Miss Manufactured from her silicone tits to her tightrope walk on the madonna/whore line wasn't a completely calculated, plastic and corporate excuse for artistry?

Don't get me wrong, when she can be arsed to practice she does what she does very well. And I agree with you nobody deserves to be hounded like crazy. But that's what comes with "shining" which is why I do not shine.

The word you are looking for is shadenfreude. It translates literally from the German as "shameful pleasure" and means taking pleasure from the misfortunes of others. If someone who has done me wrong gets their just comeuppance, I will admit to occasionally feeling some carnivorous glee, especially if their fate is particularly poetic.

However, there is another word in the English language which also comes from a German root. The original German word is einfühlung, literally "in feeling", but English speakers generally use the term empathy to describe vicariously experiencing someone else's feelings.

(I guess that English degree and year living in Germany are really paying off for me here )

When I see that picture of a mother being dragged away from her children in straps with strangers mocking her as they record her pain for posterity, I can only think of how awful that must feel for her. It gives me a twinge in the pit of my stomach and a flash of what she must be going through and the horror also of having to be the officer whose job it is to tear a parent from his or her children.

It is not like she is a child molester and the poor woman is not allowed to visit her own children without a stranger in the room with them at all time? WTF? She has never done anything bad to me personally and, unlike someone like an Avril LaVigne, she does not appear to have pretended to be anything other than what she is. Why would her agony provoke any response in me other than the muted sympathy one can feel for a stranger? Why would her pain give strangers pleasure? If you can explain this, I'd be grateful because I really really really do not understand.

Well, um....

I don't think anyone is anything other than sympathetic.... except for jealous people.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

"schadenfreude is chocolate for the soul. which explains why i have so many cavities." (thank you S*P for introducing me to the word that describes me best of all...)

Why would her pain give strangers pleasure? If you can explain this, I'd be grateful because I really really really do not understand.
    why does anyone feel pleasure from pain, inflicted in any of the million degrees?

Why would her pain give strangers pleasure?
    o that ones easy. because people watch success, quietly jealous, and then pile on the pressure with baseless rumours, constant privacy invasion and impossible expectations so that when the person finally breaks they can say to themselves, "see? she wasnt all that great. i would never freak out in public like that. im so much better than her." so what if you leave a talented person a burnt out husk behind you? so what if youve ruined the lives of them and their loved ones? we feel better about ourselves, and that my friends is the what is truly important.

god i love my species.

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

Well, um....

I don't think anyone is anything other than sympathetic.... except for jealous people.

no I think you'd be amazed how many narcisstic sociopaths there are. It is rather unfortunate but ecspecially in Hollywood circles sadistic behavior and the general rule of treat people like shit flourishes. Fuck society they're assholes.

Peoples pain is only important to themselves it seems and its really really sad we dont function as a real society anymore.

what do you mean anymore, society functions as society functions, been going on like this for a real long time

I'm really glad Dr. Phil is getting involved...

Poor girl.... at least we know she's bipolar now... or at least that she developed bipolar mind on her way up... I hope Dr. Phil is gonna reach her at least with his publicity and make her accept any treatement at all. As far as I know she doesn't want to see anyone, she said that she want's to kill herself and she doesn't even talk to anyone.

Shadenfreude made me think that her publicity is just puting oil on the fire in her process...

Truth is, we all are capable of developing bipolar minds, some even have it and they don't even realise it since it's a mild form. (when I was depressed I was almost a diferent person without will at all, was I bipolar then? no idea

But mind is a beautifull thing, we can train it as a some kind of muscle. I personaly believe everyone is capable of curing him self with RIGHT stimulants (psychological, not medical).
    It's only up to "broken" person if she/he want's it.

Any news on her case so far? Did she accepted to talk to anyone? I hope Dr. Phill does the old fashioned psychoanalysis on her instead of medicating her to the "acceptable for public" stage.

Good luck Britney!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    what do you mean anymore, society functions as society functions, been going on like this for a real long time
    Got Jerry Springer show recently on one of mom's new cable tv chanells.... I feel really sorry for you guys (all americans), that you have such entertainment at all.

It might be eyeopening and awakening for some people but it is mostly standard-raising and moral-setting entertainment working on underconsciousness level.

I never activly watched tv in my life, but I had to see what my mom was so amazed of. Couldn't deal with most of the content.

Well, um....

you got a point there
    I don't see you as a piece of muscle anymore

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    you got a point there
    I don't see you as a piece of muscle anymore
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Got Jerry Springer show recently on one of mom's new cable tv chanells.... I feel really sorry for you guys (all americans), that you have such entertainment at all.

never could understand the appeal of springer either.....

oh well.....

row row row your boat......

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

It seemed that all day today I was walking past gossip rags that feature Britney on the cover, more obsessed with her than ever. I think its because a large portion of average joes, resent her: for being famous, or famous for the wrong reasons, etc., and we take that "shadenfreude" in seeing her taken down a peg or two.

I care little for Ms. Spears, but I will say that to hound ANYONE the way they do her and other celebrities is perverse. Not because they are great people, but just because it speaks ever-so-eloquently about how nasty our society is. If only the popular media cared half as much about child poverty or homelessness or human rights (and not in a cheap, 'Bart's People' way) as they do the personal lives of celebrities, I think we would all be alot better off.

The way they call her 'insane' for having Bipolar Disorder is shockingly presumptuous and ignorant and insults everyone who has the condition and shows incredible thoughtlessness.

Above all else, my heart breaks for those children. Everyone (in the media) claims to feel for them, but it's just lip service when they are being hounded and harassed with their mother.

Why not?
    first impresions might be wrong (pic thread)
    maybe I formulated me wrong....

now I see you as a double muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    It seemed that all day today I was walking past gossip rags that feature Britney on the cover, more obsessed with her than ever. I think its because a large portion of average joes, resent her: for being famous, or famous for the wrong reasons, etc., and we take that "shadenfreude" in seeing her taken down a peg or two.

I care little for Ms. Spears, but I will say that to hound ANYONE the way they do her and other celebrities is perverse. Not because they are great people, but just because it speaks ever-so-eloquently about how nasty our society is. If only the popular media cared half as much about child poverty or homelessness or human rights (and not in a cheap, 'Bart's People' way) as they do the personal lives of celebrities, I think we would all be alot better off.

The way they call her 'insane' for having Bipolar Disorder is shockingly presumptuous and ignorant and insults everyone who has the condition and shows incredible thoughtlessness.

Above all else, my heart breaks for those children. Everyone (in the media) claims to feel for them, but it's just lip service when they are being hounded and harassed with their mother.
    hear hear.

+ Reply to Thread