+ Reply to Thread

Thread: crazy spam???

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default crazy spam???

I got this today

Hello Dear,

I KNOW THAT MY MESSAGE WILL COME TO YOU AS A SUPRISE SINCE I DONT KNOW YOU IN PERSON OR MET WITH YOU BEFORE,BUT IAM OF THE BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD BE OBLIGED TO COME TO MY ASSISTANCE AFTER HEARING ABOUT MY SITUATION.

I AM JADOZE KOLONGA, THE ONLY CHILD OF LATE MR AND MRS.HENRY KOLONGA.MY FATHER WAS A VERY WEALTHY COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN ABIDJAN, THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF IVORY COAST BEFORE HE WAS POISONED TO DEATH BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES ON ONE OF THEIR OUTING TO DISCUSS ON A BUSINESS.WHEN MY MOTHER DIED ON THE 21ST OCTOBER 1986, MY FATHER TOOK ME SO SPECIAL BECAUSE I AM MOTHERLESS. BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER ON 29TH JUNE 2006 IN A PRIVATE HOSPITAL HERE IN ABIDJAN. HE SECRETLY CALLED ME ON HIS BEDSIDE AND TOLD ME THAT HE HAS A SUM OF US$ 10,000,000 (TEN MILLION, UNITED STATES DOLLARS) LEFT IN A SUSPENCE ACCOUNT IN A LOCAL BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN, THAT HE USED MY NAME AS HIS ONLY SON FOR THE NEXT OF KIN IN DEPOSIT OF THE FUND.

HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH THAT HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES. THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND USE IT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE, (SUCH AS REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT). I AM HONOURABLY SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS.

1)TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND SINCE I AM A BOY OF 21 YEARS,
    2)TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY AFTER THE MONEY HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED. MOREOVER, I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 10% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORT/INPUT AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR NORMINATED ACCOUNT OVERSEAS.FURTHER MORE, YOU CAN INDICATE YOUR OPTION TOWARDS ASSISTING ME AS I BELIEVE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WOULD BE CONCLUDED WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS YOU SIGNIFY INTEREST TO ASSIST ME.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU.
    SINCERELY.
    JADOZE KOLONGA.

lol wtf

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: crazy spam???

Sounds like a load of horse shit. A classic scam. I don't believe I'm allowed to directly link it, but you should definitely read the article, you'll get a kick out of it (pm for a link, since I haven't made 15 posts yet. I think I'll edit it in once i get to 15 posts).

Here's a quote of the spam the author received:

' "Meanwhile, I am Miss. Sandra Harry, the only Dauther of late Chief and Mrs Bruce Harry, my father was a Gold and Cocoa Merchant who based here! in Abidjan. My father was poisoned to death by his business associates about Two years ago, and he died in a private hospital here in Abidjan. But when he was about to die, he called me beside his sick bed and told me that he deposited the sum of Four Million Six houndred thousand united states dollars.USD($4.600,000) in abank here in Abidjan..." '

Sound familiar? Where in the hell do they get this stuff? Is there a how-to guide out there or are they just copying each other?

Not even originality in crime, it seems.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

classic nigerian 419 scam. check these guys out for more info: 419 Eater (but dont try scambaiting yourself, it can be quite dangerous). enjoy!

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    classic nigerian 419 scam. check these guys out for more info: 419 Eater (but dont try scambaiting yourself, it can be quite dangerous). enjoy!
    I've been considering compiling scams/spam emails into a coffee table book for some time now, some of them can be really amusing. (I'd appreciate a dedication if anyone wants to steal the idea )

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

That is an excellent idea. I always wonder who falls for that stuff, Oh, wait my parents would. That is why it is good they don't have the internet.

+ Reply to Thread