+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone else having computer trouble?

tatum radcliffe's Avatar Senior Member

Default anyone else having computer trouble?

venting here seems a bit more productive, cause there isn't a chance in hell I'm calling nameless company again. I'm ready to reach through phone lines and strangle them.

This requires some back story. I have a 5 year old lap top made by the same company, and I love it dearly. So, I decided to get another one when the 5 year old started acting silly.

The new computer was supposed to have arrived on 1/3, and one did. But it bore no resemblence to what I ordered. It was the wrong color and had Vista installed on it. I'd paid extra for XP. So I sent it back. Two days later, I get an email saying that they were out of stock of the color I wanted, so I settled for one they had on hand.

Since then, I recieved four different due dates for the new electronic baby. I've spent over thirty hours on the phone with these people and sent about as many emails.

The damn thing got here today. And guess what? It doesn't work. I tried to install Office and it shut itself off. I have funky regulations about virus protection, so I couldn't even set up the internet on it yet. My day has been bad enough, but that was like the cherry on top.

So I was wondering if any one else had any similiar stories/ could recommend anything to do to fix the new brat. Misery loves company.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: anyone else having computer trouble?

try putting linux on your old one.......

wow, it sounds like you mail ordered your computer.....that's very brave

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

It's a lemon. Return it and demand either 1) a working model, or 2) your money back. If they shuffle their feet, contact your CC company about reversing charges.

Don't let them fuck with you. You paid a lot of money for it.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

The term is "chargeback"

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    It's a lemon. Return it and demand either 1) a working model, or 2) your money back. If they shuffle their feet, contact your CC company about reversing charges.

Don't let them fuck with you. You paid a lot of money for it.
    I apparently neglected to mention one of the best parts.

The company charged my credit card (going nameless too) 1 penny for the shipping. On my invoice, it said that the shipping was free. My credit card company stopped said charge and called me to make sure I still had my card. Apparently, said large computer company is committing fraud by charging said penny.

And yes, I've been talking to the credit card people too about fixing this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    try putting linux on your old one.......

wow, it sounds like you mail ordered your computer.....that's very brave
    i ordered it via the company's website. I called the company to confrim the order the day I put it in. And proceeded to check in with them every so often. In those phone calls, I wasn't made aware of any problems.

I'm so happy the old one still works!

+ Reply to Thread