+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A bit strange question

Default A bit strange question

Why is it strange?

Because it's connected to religion

Why is religion strange?

It's not strange, but most of you here are open for new things, for change. And not for "traditional", old, smelly and inefective religions of the world (except native indians and such nature loving religions)

Ok... to cut the crap here is the question.

If you was offered to write something in the new "bible" that was to come, what would it be?

I personaly would like to se something like: "Pray to your god trough dance and not prayers" or "Respect other gods as you respect your own god" etc...

Let the imagination work for you!

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: A bit strange question

"And it harm none, do what you will". Beautiful statement.

but i would add the corollary

"Stop not another from doing what he or she wills, and it harm none."

Excelent

That sentence provides individualism, fact that every person is unique.

If we were to put people in diferent drawers we would need drawer for each of us.

It should be a crime to suppress others from what makes them happy, so long as said happiness isn't provided by the harm of others.

We quite like the "pursuit of happiness" thing - I just wish America would get through its head OTHERS have that right too, and their happiness isn't your happiness.

we live in material world.... so.... overall happines can be formulated by money by todays standard

since money = time and free time = freedom and
    since we want freedom as much as we can get you come to this statement.....

money=freedom or in old german: Arbeit machts frei

I can't wait for a new age where knowlenge would be main thing to pursuit

Fact is that information is THE MOST valuable thing on the world today but there's not much people that knows that

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    we live in material world.... so.... overall happines can be formulated by money by todays standard

since money = time and free time = freedom and
    since we want freedom as much as we can get you come to this statement.....

I can't wait for a new age where knowlenge would be main thing to pursuit

Fact is that information is THE MOST valuable thing on the world today but there's not much people that knows that
    Money doesn't make you free.

I live in a rooming house for a couple of reasons. One is me paying off the ex's accumulated debt and paying a LOT of child support... and the other is, I do make enough to technically even afford another modest house, but....

money doesn't really buy you happiness.

I've known some seriously rich people in my lifetime. Money has never bought them any real happiness.

Apart from being a bit bitter about the marriage going south and missing my kids (I can't move closer to them for economic reasons right now) I'm actually a bit more up not having to spend time and energy managing the results of the money.

When everything is paid off I should have about $1700 more a month to play with, and I'm not sure I'll even care about it at that point. I'll probably find some investment or other.... I've already got everything I need, materially. Two bikes in the garage, a set of weights in a basement and a set of drums. Art supplies.

Art supplies. True is some art is priceless and can't be bought for any money world has to offer.

Money isn't everything, that's true, but it drives so many things in this society that we can't without it

Art supplies. True is some art is priceless and can't be bought for any money world has to offer.

Money isn't everything, that's true, but it drives so many things in this society that we can't without it
    The interesting question is:

do you take on a lifestyle you can't stand for a certain level of material security you think you need?

or

can you be happy living within certain constraints?

Cause you see, I for one thought that I needed certain things to make me happy. What actually makes me happy is a different kettle of fish. I realise that with careful planning, I could have been an artist or musician and had the same level of happiness, with much less work stress.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

'arbeit macht frei has nothing to do with money................literaly it says'work makes freedom' work and money are two very different things

It is not really new but I think my first commandment would be, "Question your motivations". This would be followed by the second, "Question everyone else's motivations, even gods."

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

Its already written in the Tao Te Ching, but it should be added in the "new" bible, if it happens...
    "Knowing ignorance is strength
    Ignoring knowledge is sickness"

"walk softly and carry a large stick"

Live your life to the fullest extent without harming yourself or anyone else.

quoting Pascal "The strength of a man's virtue must not be measured by his efforts, but by his ordinary life."

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I don't know the exact way to phrase this, but one thing I would want to put in there, is the idea that people need to keep their religion private. A one-on-one thing, that you do not need to push on other people. If you have something that's working for you, that's great. If you want to spend every day after work praying all night, go for it. But don't take it outside the home, into the world, into the workplace, etc... Don't worry about what other people are doing, or what they believe. What they do, or what they do right, or wrong, is their problem, not yours. You are only responsible for your own actions and choices. Let other people worry about their own salvation or damnation or whatever...

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

hmm..I'm liking what BikerPunk added, so my addition would be be that Sunday is not the day of rest, but the day of free spirits.

And on the Seventh Day the Lord, and Lady, say that all spirits shall be flow freely amongst their people. Rejoice for the God(s) say it's time for several Guinness and delicious cocktails!

after the seventh day, the creator said "fuckit, lets have a couple days doing sweet fuck all"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    'arbeit macht frei has nothing to do with money................literaly it says'work makes freedom' work and money are two very different things
    Money and freedom are two diferent things, but they are very dependng on each other in todays ubermaterial world. In order to live by the standards you need food and place to live. So you buy food and you pay your rent.

work makes money makes freedom...

I hope you understand now what I meant to say

yeah I know what you meant

I do always find it interesting how people use the expression 'make' when it comes to money. I just see it as a common unit for trade value, so looking at it like that it doesn't really exist...translated exactly 'making money' sounds dumb in any language but english, well actually the only language I know how to say that in is german so I might be wrong I don't think so

well I suppose that's the problem with bibles, some stuff only reads well in certain languages

haha

good one....

"talk clearly so that everyone understands you and leave no place for second guesses"

reading between lines should be blasphemy

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

and so spaketh the prophet, in The Book of Hudson verse 4:26-30
    I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Absolutely nothing, its would be wrong. All the significant stuff has already happened and is their for us to figure out

then what would you write in a book that's gonna help everyone figure it out?

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

"and the great Lords Bill and Ted said; Be excellent to each other"

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

sheeet, head wreck! how did i miss that one!
    on the third day, the lords rose again. and they spaketh so: "Dinners over, worm dude."
    here endeth the lesson. Station!

its true, Bill and Ted are the second coming.

who are they?

as this is post 27

oh god.... now I'm gonna have nightmares before sleep :P

all part and parcel of the service

+ Reply to Thread