+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still have faith in humanity?

sickybuaaaaa's Avatar Mistress of asskickery

Default Still have faith in humanity?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Still have faith in humanity?

I have never had faith in humanity.

I don't have faith in anything. faith implies a devotion to something that is detached from it's practicality.

I beleive in belief- that is, in well-formed assumptions. I don't have faith in gravity, I can say with almost certainty that I won't be escaping orbit anytime soon.

I believe in the goodness of humanity, because it has a proven track record of doing the right things.

Don't be fooled. There are certaintly some forms of humanity, that like to call themselves Humanity, and even more preferable The Humanity (c) who like to claim that the concept is exclusive to them, and they just usually happen to be the most vile and shitty and inhumane examples of the bunch.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Never did. I am inspired by human potential and tenacity though. I saw it in my country for several months of young folks getting excited about possible change in DC. Even in defeat, it is good to see here.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

only have faith in that 1%, the other 99, well........

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sickybuaaaaa
    I don't get it?

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

heh, thts painful. that could be the next rickroll.

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

I have faith in humanity, but not what you would think. Faith in that it was always do and show the worst of itself. Yes, there are true hero that make you want to embrace it, but those whims. From the day event humanity will show you worst that i can be at it best.

Has really no clue about what the video was about?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

That's the Turkish Barry Manilow.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I don't get it?
    neither do i..

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    That's the Turkish Barry Manilow.

yeah, that's about it

heheh. looks like some of you didn't bother to check out the video. i only said i don't have faith in humanity cause when i saw that video i was in disbelief.

that douche is a slovenian singer btw., singing the national anthem. the description of the video says: Damjan Murko(that's the dude in the video) decided to also ruin our national anthem.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, I don't really believe in using videos to make a point, even though I do it too.

I guess it's hard for us to relate. having public performances where people sing the national anthem terribly is a celebrated tradition in america.

heheh. looks like some of you didn't bother to check out the video. i only said i don't have faith in humanity cause when i saw that video i was in disbelief.

that douche is a slovenian singer btw., singing the national anthem. the description of the video says: Damjan Murko(that's the dude in the video) decided to also ruin our national anthem.
    Gotta admit, Jasna, that when I saw the video, I had to wonder, "OK, so the fella here isn't exactly a Golden Voice, what's the problem???".

Was waiting for you to explain, and am glad to see that you came through with one for your assertion.

Since I don't speak a word of Slovene, and had no idea about the singer or the tune he was "singing", I was a bit on the puzzled side.

Now, that I know, well, it doesn't exactly shake my faith in humanity, but I would say that I'll not be classifying Mr. Murko as one of the Great Tenor Voices of All Time anytime soon.

BTW, I also do not belong to that rather exclusive club myself .

heheh, this thread seems to expose a cultural barrior of some sort that i did not expect. the phrase "I've lost my faith in humanity" is very common here in Slovenia and is usually used when reffered to someone who either appears to be incredibly stupid or when noticing someone did something very strange or disgusting. So that was merely a figure of speech

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

heheh, this thread seems to expose a cultural barrior of some sort that i did not expect. the phrase "I've lost my faith in humanity" is very common here in Slovenia and is usually used when reffered to someone who either appears to be incredibly stupid or when noticing someone did something very strange or disgusting. So that was merely a figure of speech
    I see what you mean. Some phrases just have a more literal meaning here. It's odd as slavonic languages are really a lot more direct than english in common parlance.

OEC

actually around here it seems that I've lost my faith on humanity is sort of mantra to keep oneself from going insane.....

and yeah, if that was a national anthem he was singing, well the words 'lynch mob' come to mind

Gotcha, Jasna!!!!

And thanks for the inter-cultural insight!!!

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i cant be the only one to get it! no! i must be a follower! a sheep! why would everyon put me through this? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

heheh, no problem
    and evilstonermonkey, it's okay one day you'll learn how to truly conform. y'know, either that or THE GOVERNMENT SHALL ERASE YOU FROM THIS PLANET!!!! MUAHAHAHA. lol

+ Reply to Thread