+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my new phone

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default my new phone

I got a new cell phone today and it is totally fly. I got a palm centro, and I am still learning how to use it, but It totaly kicks ass..... and it's pink, I couldn't resist..... what kind of phone do y'all have?

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Default Re: my new phone

At the moment, I have a Nokia 7500 Prism. Mine is black with green accent trim.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_418413

I'd love a new memory card, since this one is nearly full of crap.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I got a new cell phone today and it is totally fly. I got a palm centro, and I am still learning how to use it, but It totaly kicks ass..... and it's pink, I couldn't resist..... what kind of phone do y'all have?
    Cats don't use phones.

OEC

Some cheap ass shit one that I never use really. My Bluetooth headset I got for it cost more than the phone did.
    Maybe If i had people to call i would see the phone as something needed, but it's an emergency phone.

Although when they ever go down, i'd like a iPhone, even though it's all hype and crap, I think it would suffice for what I would need it for. Other than that I'll currently stick with my $20 comes-with-plan one.

P.s. I wanted a pink phone but they didnt have any..so i had to get red (serious)

Mine came with a pink accent trim, but I was never going to use it. I have had other phones in the past, but prefer Nokias. I've had a 6234, 6230i, 7610, 3510, 3330, 3310 and before that I had an Ericksson (before Sony got them) but that was a long time ago. It's scary to think how many phones I've had.

It's only been recently that I've been able to update my software on the phone, as the old pc wasn't compatible with any programs. It wasn't even compatible with a Hewlit Packard printer, and I thought they were compatible with just about everything!

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Cats don't use phones.

OEC
    Recall seeing a news story sometime back, from the Chicago area, I think, about a cat that had seen its human dial 911 one time, and then, several times after that, dialed that same number whenever it was left alone and got bored.

Rather clever, if annoying, that cat was .

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Cats don't use phones.

OEC
    my cat uses a phone.... she has a blackberry.... she's savvy like that.... lol, j/k

I recall a friend's cat that had a habit of deleting answer phone messages from his then girlfriend. She would call him when he was in and ask why he hadn't called her. Obviously the cat didn't like her.

His new cats have worked out how to work pedal on his wife's sewing machine. Now all she needs to do is train them to feed the cloth through in a straight line and she can get some sleep at some point.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

i did have a samsung edge 250 but i believe some kittenfelching chav bastard lifted it from where i left it charging in work yesterday.

on another note: i need to train my staffie to close the damn door behind her when she lets herself in

my cat uses a phone.... she has a blackberry.... she's savvy like that.... lol, j/k
    I bought both my cats iphones, but they're too hepcat to use em.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    Recall seeing a news story sometime back, from the Chicago area, I think, about a cat that had seen its human dial 911 one time, and then, several times after that, dialed that same number whenever it was left alone and got bored.

This is why I won't leave my phone charging at work. Apart from the fact that you aren't covered for replacement. (My wife works for a mobile phone company, and tells me all the secrets.)

If you damage your phone by dropping it in your pint in the pub, you aren't covered as you are seen as not being responsible.If it happens, say something like you were in the house, you were doing the dishs and your phone rang. When you went to answer it, your hands were wet and it fell in the sink. Or something along those lines. Never admit you were being stupid or fooling around. You won't be covered. My wife used to say they might cover people if their story made their day. If your phone is stolen, say you were mugged or had your pocket picked, not that you left it lying around, as this is once more seen as not being responsible.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i have a Nokia InvinciBrick. its useless as all fuck for anything beyond basic calls and texts, but it is fucking unbreakable. which is good, as i only ever use it for basic talk and text, and often forget that its in my pocket when i go pocket smashing or stop for a spot of competitive mobile phone soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I recall a friend's cat that had a habit of deleting answer phone messages from his then girlfriend. She would call him when he was in and ask why he hadn't called her. Obviously the cat didn't like her.

His new cats have worked out how to work pedal on his wife's sewing machine. Now all she needs to do is train them to feed the cloth through in a straight line and she can get some sleep at some point.
    that is absolutely priceless. really.

bsd: this is why i never get a contract phone (that and my total phone bills are £5 a month as its for people to get hold of me), and never get insurance

My phone is a contract, but I get a 1000 texts free along with free talk time. Never felt "Pay as you Go" was for me. I always get the free insurance for the first 3 months, then cancel it. I text quite a lot as it's better than calling someone (for me anyway). I rarely use my talk time, so am always happy for friends to borrow the phone to call people, as long as they aren't calling their dealer to get a fix, as being a civil servant working for HMRC it wouldn't be good if my phone log was checked by anyone in authority.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I used to have one, but never again. Never used the damn thing, lost my job, got behind on a couple of payments, cost me $500.

I would die with out my cell phone. I never want a land line again. land lines area major PITA.... never again. I have a really awesome contract with my cell carrier. I have unlimited anytime and nights and weekends, and texts too. I also have a web subscription with my phone co. too..... I can do anything from my phone. shopand buy shoes, watch tv, go on *******, game, almost anything. I looooooooooooove it.

I don't have a land line, either. Who's gonna call? My kids and ex are massively long distance and that's prohibitively expensive. I also have ZERO friends, so I'm not exactly having it ring off the hook. Why pay $500 for something one doesn't use?

That being said though, congrats on your AWESOME phone.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea

wouldnt that be some shit when the emergency personnel trace the call(im assuming it was a land line) and show up and its a fucking cat just sitting there all willy nilly going *meow*

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

I have an LG White Chocolate...which I never use. Which is why I'm on pay-as-you go, Cellphones are a great tool for emergencies, and co-ordinating plans, but I hate the idea of being chained to it. Its like those new phones where you can access facebook and *******...honestly, short of a zombie apocalypse do you really need to change your status RIGHT NOW ?

Ace is ... having her brains eaten by a zombie! OMGZ!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    Ace is ... having her brains eaten by a zombie! OMGZ!!!1!
    Mood: Irritated

Quote Originally Posted by Senior_Diablo
    wouldnt that be some shit when the emergency personnel trace the call(im assuming it was a land line) and show up and its a fucking cat just sitting there all willy nilly going *meow*
    I imagine it would be .

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i currently have a nokia 6111, limited edition cath kidston 'bird' design. I love it got it on christmas eve t'other year..i was ill and my phone broke so my dad went out to buy me it to cheer me up.

i used to have a tiny red nokia 8210 but it got stolen at college

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I just got an Iphone, but they ripped me off. The factory forgot to put the buttons on it!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I got one that goes 'ring' when someone wants to talk to me, only use it for work.........hate talking on the phone

i just have a some motorola as my cell that i barely use. my parents got me it a year or two ago. so im not gonna complain i guess.. iphones seems cool i guess but i already have an ipod, so what i have is enough.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

I have a chocolate, i hate it. I would get an iphone but i dont want nor can afford to change services right now, so im forced to carry around my chocolate AND my ipod touch, like a fucking neanderthal

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

That does it...I'm reverting to smoke signals and jungle drums for any further communication.

heehee... pink cellphone....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    That does it...I'm reverting to smoke signals and jungle drums for any further communication.
    i think bikerpunk would agree that bongos totally pwn jungle drums..

telegrams and morse code ftw!

No... I haven't got a new phone. Thanks for asking
    I'm using iPAQ rw6815 for now. Great phone with everything I need. Never liked land lines

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    heehee... pink cellphone....
    I had to... the black one and the red one were ugly.... really ugly..... and as much as I hate to admit it, I really like the color pink.... it's so annoying. I already watched cartoons on it.... yay for the anime channel!

I had to... the black one and the red one were ugly.... really ugly..... and as much as I hate to admit it, I really like the color pink.... it's so annoying. I already watched cartoons on it.... yay for the anime channel!
    Why "hate to admit it"? (This is assuming you can actually read this)

Pink is the new black!

I prefer the phrase "Black is the new Every Other Colour!"

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I have a black/silver/chrome Nokia 6101. Its a T-Mobile "pay as you go", which I love cause I don't use it that often.

Creepshow's Avatar i'll skin you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    Sounds like fun, you could burn shit AND communicate. lol

i have a cell phone that isnt special at all. just a nice little phone. lol

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow
    Sounds like fun, you could burn shit AND communicate. lol

i have a cell phone that isnt special at all. just a nice little phone. lol
    Indeed...I'd probably use a pile of Blackberry's as kindling to get the thing started and I'd light it with a Blutooth headset that I'd bang on a rock to get a spark.

okay, SOME FUCKING SQUID FUCKER STOLE MY PHONE

the worst thing. its someone i work with, not a stranger.

FFS.

the only other phone i have is a US one and i left the charger behind in michigan

with my car on last legs i really dont want to shell out money for a new phone 3 months down the line.

insurance is not worth it BSD.

+ Reply to Thread