+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miss Bimbo

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Miss Bimbo

A Web site that encourages girls as young as seven to give virtual dolls breast implants and put them on crash diets has caused concern among parents and children’s activists…
    The provocatively named “Miss Bimbo” Web site launched in the UK last month and is described as a “virtual fashion game for girls.”
    Girls are encouraged to compete against each other to become the “hottest, coolest, most famous bimbo in the whole world.”
    When a girl signs up, they are given a naked virtual character to look after and pitted against other girls to earn “bimbo” dollars so they can dress her in sexy outfits and take her clubbing…
    Users are given missions, including securing plastic surgery at the game’s clinic to give their dolls bigger breasts, and they have to keep her at her target weight with diet pills, which cost 100 bimbo dollars.
    So…? wtf

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Re: Miss Bimbo

Wow, what were they thinking.

I mean, really.

I'm wondering how many parents know that the girls are playing on this site too.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock

I mean, really.

I'm wondering how many parents know that the girls are playing on this site too.
    Um, I once walked past a sale of "fuck me" boots for girls as young as 4. This would be down the hall from the thong panties for the single digit set. I actually got so incensed I said something, and the women buying these "darling" things for their daughters were like "lighten up, they're cute".

Think Jon Benet Ramsay's mom, or the combined motherhood of Texas.

Yeah I've seen lacey Victorias Secret clothes for gradeschoolers in the store. Not to mention those brats dolls.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I hate to say this, but a lot of mothers will be pushing their daughters to this. Either because mom's entire sense of self-worth was defined by how many boners she engendered in her teens, or she wasn't pretty as a kid and wants her daughter to be better than she was.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock

I mean, really.

Not loading for me, but they were thinking that people's outrage would provide viral marketing.

apparently it started as a funny little site, and after all the press they cant keep up with demand, it loads reallly slow
    originally I thought it was directed at adults, as satire. But when you get on the site you can see it's meant for kids

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    originally I thought it was directed at adults, as satire. But when you get on the site you can see it's meant for kids
    Yeah, my initial reaction was that it was simply satire...are you serious? What aspects of it do you think are geared towards kids? I don't really want to sign-up to check it out.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

didn't load for me either.....but as far as the parents pushing thier kids into this, well keep in mind that children are natural mimics. Oh, well maybe if they get it out of thier systems while thier young when they get older and rebell against thier upbringing they might have a chance at becoming something interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Yeah I've seen lacey Victorias Secret clothes for gradeschoolers in the store. Not to mention those brats dolls.
    My sister likes the Bratz dolls, so my parents got her this Bratz video game. I tried to help her learn to play, despite the fact that the dolls annoy me, but I had to stop because it was so upsetting. Among other things, you got points by wearing the "right" combinations of clothes and by making friends. The way you made friends was by agreeing with them on everything. Like, they'd ask you if you liked a certain band, and depending on your answer they'd choose to be your friend or not. If you chose "wrong", you could go back and redo the conversation with the right answer and score the friend. It was very straightforward training in being superficial.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

my niece likes bratz....she's fine, if she's superficial I've never seen it

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Yeah, my initial reaction was that it was simply satire...are you serious? What aspects of it do you think are geared towards kids? I don't really want to sign-up to check it out.
    well when you sign up it has a notice that says something along the lines of
    "Parents: your childs privacy is important, read our privacy policy"

so obviously their clientele is mostly minors. If they are directing it to "Parents"

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

When the first place I hear about a site like that is the news, it always sends up a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Not loading for me, but they were thinking that people's outrage would provide viral marketing.

Man yeah did not think of that. If they fill the thing with Ads and have intense viral marketing (cause an internet/news shitstorm) they'll make a hoarde of ad cash. Then they can run the tv circuit.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Yeah, these days anything you first hear about with a tag line of isn't this outrageous is probably some BS hoping to not pay for advertising or submit to honest review. It's the same as the Captivity people hoping to get protests of their movie so they could get news coverage. Culturally I really hope we outgrow the whole controversy is news more than real news is news phase we've been in for the last decade, but I do understand the sociological mechanism. I just don't like it.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Loaded for me, but that might be because I'm in the UK.

It's no surprise, looking at this, that paedophiles are on the increase if young girls are encouraged to dress like this. Also the whole "Size Zero" thing raises it's head as well.

No a good site.

Didn't go look at it but it sounds like Bad Taste and Poor Judgement Satire? There's so much of this type of crap going around, like GodHatesGoths.com

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Viral marketing. The underlying trends it purports to exploit will not be affected to any real extent. I guess someone wiping with one ply was jonesing for the two ply. And so goeth the hominids ...

OEC

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

There is a store in the mall around here called "libby lous"
    We have dubbed it "The little whore store" because you send 3-10 year olds in to get makeovers, and they walk out with mini skirts, tube tops, high heels and boas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    my niece likes bratz....she's fine, if she's superficial I've never seen it
    I don't think the dolls themselves cause kids to become superficial. I played with barbies for a little while when I was a kid (along with dinosaurs and monsters). But the Bratz video game is barely a step above the Miss Bimbo thing in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread