+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Cyberpunk Hex of Corporate Goth

Default The Cyberpunk Hex of Corporate Goth

Corporate Goth is a familiar expression in East Coast cities where people tend to separate their playtime from their workdays. I was living and working mostly in Washington, DC and Baltimore when I founded Blue Blood in print. I did primarily contract design...
    Read the full article

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: The Cyberpunk Hex of Corporate Goth

Quote Originally Posted by The Newswire
    I have had the same musings about that period of time. Cyberpunk/Corpgoth synthesis was less prevalent in the Bay Area given the politics. The game "Shadowrun" also had that fusion feel to it. I'll have to get back to this subject. Cool photos.

OEC

Obscuria.com's Avatar Member

Default Re: The Cyberpunk Hex of Corporate Goth

"I don’t know how it was where you lived, but, where I was, both styles had a real appeal to counterculture people striving to achieve their personal goals and power, despite preferences for rebellion and individuality and flamboyance. This is where Corporate Goth comes from."

Well put.....

It is increasingly apparent that individuality has no place in the collectively stringent framework of corporate culture. It's always been a pain enjoying the "other side" in our personal life, while covering up hair colors, piercings in order to "fit it". It's a shame that appearances hold such sway as to the intelligence level of others, upon first meeting. Perhaps the ones who look "different" may in fact have a more progressive thought process and intelligence level, as it takes a lot of forethought to actively go against the grain, while holding a professional job.

But the musical ear implants would be nice to drown out coworkers asking if we have a "case of the Mondays!!" heh

+ Reply to Thread