+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody think I am evil?

Default Anybody think I am evil?

Alright..this is kinda going to sound like a rant..and it kind of is, but kind of isn't.
    Mainly I guess looking for advice.

Many of you know I run a business, and on the side I set up a website for my wife's father so he can have some extra income selling corsets.

Now a few months back..I think around March-ish..I had also set up a large order for a bunch of people for a wholesale order..which basically they paid for their corsets wholesale prices.

So they paid me, I paid the corset place and the corsets came. So far so good.

Around about end of March/April I sent out corsets to the ones who paid for shipping, and those who didnt pay for shipping yet, I didnt send out.

Now i'm being threatened with lawsuits, being slandered and everything in between from some people who mind you, had NOTHING to do with this order in the first place, and the ones that did..never paid for shipping to begin with.

Now after trying to reason with them on multiple occassions they are claiming everything I say is a lie, excuse and i'm pulling "sympathy" cards for things that Im not even looking for sympathy for.

It's almost as if i'm being targeted in a modern day witchhunt, as now numerous people who i've never even dealt with are dipping their hands in tar and dumping feathers on me, even though i've tried on about 4 different posts to straighting things out..and after all that..they say I'm " being rude, I have an attitude and Im still making excuses".. (Not sure how "I'm sorry about this mess, here's an ideal compromise I have" is being rude and making excuses)
    I've gotten 7 BBB letters last week all about this mess, even though THEY haven't paid up..and the BBB won't listen to me for whatever reason, so it's being marked against me and my biz.

*sigh* Anybody want to join me for a drink? I Think im going to quit the business game all together and start a life on the farm.

Default Re: Anybody think I am evil?

I'm joining you.... I'm sending you a PM.... allow me time to write it....

Its not a BBB issue, and partaking of an argument thats not theirs is like picking up a dog by the ears.....

I'm familiar with the issue you're talking about as well as drinking

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Why would you fulfill an unpaid order? It seems like you could just request proof of payment from the BBB. Or did you promise to ship before payment? I can see that being an issue. If it is your dad-in-law's biz, why are you shipping anyway?

Oh and running a business is a giant headache. Much sympathy.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I really don't know anything about running a business. but from knowing you on here you seem like a great guy.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

what's BBB? You're selling the corsets on Blue Blood Boards? Can I see your goodz?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I believe it means Better Business Bureau.

they are actually a front for the mob. if you don't pay them protection money the BBB will come and rough you up, and tell everyone that your business sucks.

First let me say, I am not a lawyer or a business professional. Anything I say is based on my personal observations and may in now way apply or help you.

If I understand this correctly they paid for the corsets, but not the shipping? If that is the case then they are likely telling BBB "We paid him, we did not receive our product." If they can show proof of payment, then it works against you even if that was not your agreement.

Did you get anything in writing that stated they had only made partial payments and they would not receive the good until full payment (including shipping) was paid?

Sorry I don't have any advice, since I can't buy you a drink I will at least drink one in your honor or co-commiseration and wish you luck.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Not at all evil, at least in this aspect you aren't. It's not a very nice thing to put you through all the stress and try to ruin your reputation by reporting you to the BBB just cause they don't want to pay shipping.

I would make sure you have all contact and e-mails for the order and any proof that they did not pay for shipping and that they still have a balance left before shipping them. Send them an invoice with the remaining balance, clearly state they owe for shipping, and make sure you have copies. Contact BBB regarding what they filed against you and if possible provide them with your proof.

Hope it gets resolved quickly though.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Greets,

We spoke privately on this particular gig when you first found it. This sounds like a bunch of bullshit thrown on your plate by folks using once legitimate sounding boards for nefarious purposes. Dealing with my own static, but I'll get back to you.

Sorry you are having to deal with this.

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

you=Not evil!

Burning the corsets and sending pictures of it to those people=evil

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Alright..this is kinda going to sound like a rant..and it kind of is, but kind of isn't.
    Mainly I guess looking for advice.

Many of you know I run a business, and on the side I set up a website for my wife's father so he can have some extra income selling corsets.

Now a few months back..I think around March-ish..I had also set up a large order for a bunch of people for a wholesale order..which basically they paid for their corsets wholesale prices.

So they paid me, I paid the corset place and the corsets came. So far so good.

Around about end of March/April I sent out corsets to the ones who paid for shipping, and those who didnt pay for shipping yet, I didnt send out.

Now i'm being threatened with lawsuits, being slandered and everything in between from some people who mind you, had NOTHING to do with this order in the first place, and the ones that did..never paid for shipping to begin with.

Now after trying to reason with them on multiple occassions they are claiming everything I say is a lie, excuse and i'm pulling "sympathy" cards for things that Im not even looking for sympathy for.

It's almost as if i'm being targeted in a modern day witchhunt, as now numerous people who i've never even dealt with are dipping their hands in tar and dumping feathers on me, even though i've tried on about 4 different posts to straighting things out..and after all that..they say I'm " being rude, I have an attitude and Im still making excuses".. (Not sure how "I'm sorry about this mess, here's an ideal compromise I have" is being rude and making excuses)
    I've gotten 7 BBB letters last week all about this mess, even though THEY haven't paid up..and the BBB won't listen to me for whatever reason, so it's being marked against me and my biz.

*sigh* Anybody want to join me for a drink? I Think im going to quit the business game all together and start a life on the farm.
    Your not evil, bravo for standing up for you right as Business owner!

From one Business owner to another...I hate the General Public. You can not quite there are to many advantages than disadvantages.

Your dealing with Corset, I deal with kitchen Cabinets... You do not pay in full you do not get the product its very simple. I aways roll shipping into a cost of goods. Screw the BBB, they never listen to business anyways... Been there dealt with that.. It will all pass this just bump in the road, happens to all major orders.. Image messing up kitchen for some trying to close on house. I try do everything in power to make it right.. Finally I have the people to F off...

Do you have anything stated, that they had to pay shipping some type of Contract or agreement?

I have contract right now, with person that was building a trailer..needless to say broke said contract. Now he is try to counter sue me for the damages.. what ever.. I have the contract that lay it out when he was going to be finished by date sign the whole 9 yards...So my court date is 28th of this month...

If you have something is writting you are golden, if it was verbal...that a little harder to prove.

On the note of website design, I might need your help with that. My own Website needs nice update. http://www.buildersdiscountoutlet.com/check out. I need more professional look

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    First let me say, I am not a lawyer or a business professional. Anything I say is based on my personal observations and may in now way apply or help you.

If I understand this correctly they paid for the corsets, but not the shipping? If that is the case then they are likely telling BBB "We paid him, we did not receive our product." If they can show proof of payment, then it works against you even if that was not your agreement.

Did you get anything in writing that stated they had only made partial payments and they would not receive the good until full payment (including shipping) was paid?

Sorry I don't have any advice, since I can't buy you a drink I will at least drink one in your honor or co-commiseration and wish you luck.
    but dont prices on online stores generally have the pricing listed as "item costs $x (plus $y postage & handling)"? that being the case, then that would be part of the necessary payment. basically, they have paid for the tiem, and officially own it, but have not paid for it to be transported anywhere therefore it is staying where it is. its still their property though, of course, they just need to organise its transport.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

farming can get stressfull too, hermit on a mountain's much better

Sorry for the late update...again, working too much to even take time to piss anymore.

Anywho, Long story short I just refunded the girl and let that be that. I don't like dealing with drama divas.

Amelia:"If it is your dad-in-law's biz, why are you shipping anyway?"

In a nutshell, we told him that we would get all the product shipped to our house so we can add some things in boxes, like vouchers, cds etc etc. He wouldn't know what to do with much of all that, plus since we already have a "shipping center" basically in the garage for the other biz, we figured it would be easier to take the load off his shoulders.

Anywho, thanks for the support guys, means a lot to know that I have friends in the long run. *rivet hugs and cyber stomps*

Sounds like you had a run in with my mother in law

+ Reply to Thread