+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think about ANTM choosing a plus size model as the NTM?

Default What do you think about ANTM choosing a plus size model as the NTM?

How do you feel about it? I'll chime in later........

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: What do you think about ANTM choosing a plus size model as the NTM?

I think Tyra wants PC points, but I've always found her a little condescending to the plus size models when I've watched the show, but I only watched the first season of ANTM when I really liked the chick who won. Only where is that chick now? I'm not sure she is a top model, so I feel like Tyra is presenting like she has juice she does not or else she just doesn't come through.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

A plus sized model? what's next a cripple winning the Special Olympics?

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    A plus sized model? what's next a cripple winning the Special Olympics?
    i think cripples are supposed to win the Special Olympics

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I know. therein lies the irony.

yeah, my skepticism also tells me she did it just to jump on the bandwagon. I liked that one girl who spoke out against obesity in America. hopefully this girl will too.

and didn't the girl from the first season marry Peter Brady and pose for playboy?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I am a huge fan of the show. And I am happy that a so called "plus-size" girl won, even though, she's average size or less. But I do think she was only chosen because she was "plus-size", the girl who came in as runner-up took prettier pictures and was more modelesque to me, her only draw back was the way she talked, sometimes I couldn't understand a word she was saying. But, in the end Tyra gets credit for pushing thicker models in the high fashion industry though.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

What is ANTM?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    What is ANTM?
    Americas Next Top Model, now don't laugh. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    Americas Next Top Model, now don't laugh. :-P
    I nominate "Smiley Face Murder Gang"

OEC

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

I think they need to combine ANTM with biggest looser and put them all in the octagon and the winner is the last Man/woman standing.

Not that I condone violence in that fashion.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Sheriff: your ideas intrigue me and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I only like plus size models if they have the knockers to match and I'm willing to post what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    I only like plus size models if they have the knockers to match and I'm willing to post what I like.
    I like the same. Nothing wrong with subjective preferences.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Here Here. Then again why do we give a damn about ANTM??

Just because we're watchers of current pop culture

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

who fucking cares? I hate tyra. she's obsessed with srtippers. fuck her. fuck her with a cactus.

Dunno who Tyra is. How many points do I get if I convince her to give me head?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Tyra Banks - a perfect gift to Cockney rhyming slang...

Found her: http://www.tyrabanks.com

She goes a bit overboard for my tastes. Nice looking when she doesn't. I don't think I'd bother with her either way.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Found her: http://www.tyrabanks.com

She goes a bit overboard for my tastes. Nice looking when she doesn't. I don't think I'd bother with her either way.
    i can't stand her. what's more, she's generic looking. common, actually. I've seen alot of girls that were far more unique looking than she is. her attitude grosses me out.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    i can't stand her. what's more, she's generic looking. common, actually. I've seen alot of girls that were far more unique looking than she is. her attitude grosses me out.
    Don't think she's unique looking really. Just not bad when she isn't all sillied up with that foundation. I'd never seen her before that. Dunno what her 'tude is. I'd assume narcissism.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    the way she talked, sometimes I couldn't understand a word she was saying.
    that affliction never stopped Whitney Houston from making hit records that she did vocals on so it shouldn't matter here very much.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Tyra kills me at times, sometimes she can say something totally wise, and then follow it with something a 10 yr old brat would say.
    Its like she never had to grow up.
    She made a living SOLELY on her looks or brief acting stints.... and being something... fake... WORKED... and never offered her an environment to grow up.

+ Reply to Thread