+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm old and falling apart.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default I'm old and falling apart.

I should just get a bunch of cats and put a "keep off the grass" sign in my front yard already.... I feel about 137 years old right now.
    thursday, I discovered I was allergic to my antacids. how do I know? Oh, I'd say the violent vomiting and shaking with hot and cold flashes for twelve hours straight was a good sign. I'm going to see a Dr. about it when I get home, and I hope to god I can find a cheap one.... I have really bad acid reflux. I was on prilosec, but that's what made me sick and i used to be able to take pepcid, but that makes me puke now too. I'm terrified to try another antacid because I don't want another day like thurday. I seriously do not know if i have ever felt worse than that in my entire life. the really shitty part is that I now can't eat any food that is fun or tasty, and that just kills me. If you know anything about me at all, you know that I love food, and that it's my most favorite thing ever. I also have to cut way back on my drinking, if not quit completely.
    to top it all of, I hurt my back at work last night a few vertebrates just below C-3. I can't lift anything, and I'm debating taking another muscle relaxer. I'm already mad enough at myself for taking the first one, since I hate taking stuff like that. so I get to see a chiropractor when I get home too. To add insult to injury(no pun intended), my work night sucked too. I left with less than a hundred bucks on a fucking saturday. I feel like the universe is out to get me... okay, not really, but I sure am having some rotten luck.

on a brighter note, forrest and amelia took a new set of me recently, and they have a video interview of me too, which is actually kinda funny and you will all see what a nerd I really am. I talk about a bunch of different stuff so it will be interesting to see what parts get used. my new set should be cool too. it was pretty fun to shoot.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: I'm old and falling apart.

Hang in there, VB.

We're all getting older.

At least you're EXTREMELY good looking, if you don't mind me saying so.

Hang in there, VB.

We're all getting older.

At least you're EXTREMELY good looking, if you don't mind me saying so.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

bad luck is usually followed by good luck.

besides. could be a lot worse.

She minds me saying so.

Sorry, no offense meant.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

have you ever tried macrobiotics? Minimal acidic intake. Calcium tablets straight might help.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I know how you feel. it's like feeling bad doesn't make you feel nearly as bad as the knowledge and implication of it sinking in. when you have health problems that you imagine yourself shrugging off and they are instead practically debilitating, you feel like you should be taken away to the fucking senior citizens home.

fortunately alkaseltzer is my best friend, but everything I eat hurts my stomach, and when I don't eat it hurts.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hate to say it, but you might as well get used to it, I did..............well that's a lie, I'm still working on accepting the fact, come to think of it I used to do a lot of antacid too

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

sorry to hear about your troubles. they should be able to do some kind of allergy test with the antacids and be able to find one that agrees with you. good luck

I used to be able to party all night and barely sleep and then go play to a crowd of thousands and do the same thing again the next night. Now I have to hydrate and take all sorts of vitamins and work out and baby myself to get better after too much fun maybe once ever few weeks. I give thanks that I have a cast iron stomach but it all gets harder as you get older. I don't look older but I feel it inside. I don't know how old you are. You look beautiful but your writing is too smart for you to be a teenager. I hope you feel better soon and I'll be looking forward to that new set and video.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Taking Prilosec long-term is a real bad idea unless you have one of the conditions which warrant it, and if you did, you'd be booking cruises and canceling subscriptions. This isn't even close to the sort of place to discuss medical histories, but what you're saying is happening isn't a surprise to me.

As to becoming the old cat lady - pish. Something about you says Desperate Housewives would happen way before Agnes Skinner ever did.

sorry to hear it... stresing about it might just make it worse... try to feel positive and take a long warm bath every day... plus a right nutritions to make your body repair... take care!

thanks you guys. My back is a little better today. I went out last night for a bit, because it sure beats staying at home and mopeing, and ran into a friend that worked on my back for a little bit. it still hurts and I still can't lift anything, but at least I can turn my head now. My stomach on the other hand is totally fucked up. I can't eat anything without having acid problems, so then I don't eat and it just gurgles away. I'm kinda fucked because there is a big history of stomach problems in my family. both my parents have acid reflux disease, and my uncle died from bleeding ulcers when his stomach broke open, as well as a few others with acid reflux. I'm trying to be positive about it and am going to start taking slippery elm and see if that works. I'm also looking into other herbal remedies. I can't take most medications. I'm allergic to alot of antibiotics, so I just stopped taking it all together about ten years ago. I'm going to try to find a naturopath when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    She minds me saying so.

Sorry, no offense meant.
    no, i don't. i didn't even see it. I went to fuck around on gayspace after posting this.

You are in my sincerest thoughts.... in both pain and stomach issues.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    no, i don't. i didn't even see it. I went to fuck around on gayspace after posting this.
    Don't mind me. I got my latest round of restraining orders in the mail, and I'm feeling down.

Are you reinforcing that maybe she should be offended that you're overtly expressing your attraction?

(please DONT think thats a diss... I'm really asking)

Yeah.

Well, few people actually appreciate it, OK.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Voltaire is actually my long lost cousin. I forgot to give permission. I handle all the family's p.r. now

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Yeah.

Well, few people actually appreciate it, OK.
    I'm LOST! Are you saying YES she should be offended because few ppl appreciate the OVERT attn you exude?
    OR something else...

Take no offense... please clarify

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I'm LOST! Are you saying YES she should be offended because few ppl appreciate the OVERT attn you exude?
    OR something else...

Take no offense... please clarify
    who cares? why is everything always about you? you remind me of Dia. you totally tread jacked pull my hair's thread too.

Not intentionally, I'm typically very sensitive to the thread post... I'm sleep deprivated EXTREMELY!
    You may look at any medical journal and my symptoms would be typical as viewed.

Sorry.

(maybe I'm OVER SENSITIVE to each post.... thats a very possible possibility)

Gomezy3k's Avatar Junior Member

There are some herbal antacids.. I believe Papaya is a natural one that works.

LOL You think you are old and ready for a house full of cats? You should try being 57. The warranty expired on the body when I hit 40 LOL...

I promise I won't hijack any more threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomezy3k
    There are some herbal antacids.. I believe Papaya is a natural one that works.

LOL You think you are old and ready for a house full of cats? You should try being 57. The warranty expired on the body when I hit 40 LOL...
    yeah both pepain(papaya) and bromelain(pineapple) will aid in digestion, and slippery elm will coat the stomach. I just got done talking to my beautiful and delicious best female friend (BFF, dude), and she recommended some chinese stuff that I'm going to take. she said it takes six months, but it will heal my stomach. if it works for me I'm going to recommend it to my parents. sorry about the age comment, I just felt so shitty that day. I was just trying to make light of the fact that I felt so bad.

Gomezy3k's Avatar Junior Member

LOL No problem... Hope you get feeling better soon..good luck...

90 % of my diet is macaroni and butter don't know how, but it works for me, margerine actually........can't do butter anymore, it's probably been a year since I've had to go looking for the pepto

I just got done talking to my beautiful and delicious best female friend (BFF, dude), and she recommended some chinese stuff that I'm going to take. she said it takes six months, but it will heal my stomach.
    and it fucking worked. I can eat or drink almost anything again. it took a minute, but it worked. my stomach hasn't been this good in years. if you have GERD or acid refux, this stuff is a fucking honest to god miracle. it certainly has been for me, anyway.

Bedlamite

and it fucking worked. I can eat or drink almost anything again. it took a minute, but it worked. my stomach hasn't been this good in years. if you have GERD or acid refux, this stuff is a fucking honest to god miracle. it certainly has been for me, anyway.
    I was going to suggest some Super Enzymes, it got mine in good enough shape to be somewhat functional again. And damn my lack of Chinese Meds!

Glad you managed to get some relief and let's hear it for complimentary help!

Feeling better? Oh well, I'll send back this Hoveround scooter I got for you.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedanima
    ...damn my lack of Chinese Meds!
    ahh, but think - because of that, there are now three tigers and a panda who get to keep their genitals.

What is that stuff? I have real bad acid relux to the point where I almost throw up anything I eat and the meds they gave me for it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    What is that stuff? I have real bad acid relux to the point where I almost throw up anything I eat and the meds they gave me for it didn't work.
    its caled tienchi powder. there's two kinds: the regular and the steamed. it has to be the steamed kind. the brand I use comes in a white and yellow box and its in a brown bottle with a white and yellow label with a green cap. there's 20 doses in each bottle. follow the directions on the bottle twice daily. read the label completely. you have to go to an asian market to get this. you won't find it anywhere else. take it religiously for six months.....

ps: it tastes awful; like the smell of burning rubber. you can put honey in it and that helps. it contains no animal byproducts.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    ahh, but think - because of that, there are now three tigers and a panda who get to keep their genitals.
    If their dried and powdered ballz had a good chance to make me even more functional, I might just go for it.

I'll have to try that ..................knida sounds like an asian version of golden seal

gotta love the strange powders that taste disgusting

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

How expensive does the stuff run? I never had a problem with my stomach before I joined the army, but all the crap I'm provided to eat now just tastes so horrible it has to be covered in salt and hot sauce to keep it down, then I just get real bad gas (the burping kind). It's not as bad in the states, but the milk out here is so horrible tasting (I really do think it's from a camel, or a mutated goat) that I can't drink it to take care of the problems like I could before.

And what is it anyway? Like a liquid sort of thing?

Since I'm not a vampyre (I guess... I aged), the older I get, the more and more my rule of "No Eating Unless It's X Hours Before I Go To Sleep" seems to increment X.

Right now it's up to like 3 hours... Now I'm not talking about getting off a night of constant dancing/DJing and you're Kettle One stomach is like "DUDE, JACK IN THE BOX NOW IN A MINIMAL FASHION". No, this is regular nights I just can't eat past a certain time and each year it seems to increment like maybe 5 minutes or so...

As for Chinese Herbs - just be careful about contents - big report about how a lot of them contained nasty shit from Mercury to arsenic to who knows what... almost like a true clove cig off the streets of krakatoa... I was wondering why I was getting a weird dizzy feeling after taking these chinese herbs a while back... then I read a report about the inability to police the contents... ugh... stopped those fast. But if you're not feeling any odd side effects, then woot!

^o^

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

chew some valerian root and get some rest

+ Reply to Thread