+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm a newbie

Betty Coltraine's Avatar Junior Member
    Bribie Island, Australia. Bankstown, Australia. Look them up. It's a bizarre combination!

Default I'm a newbie

Hey, all,

So, apparently the polite thing to do is introduce myself. Well, I'm 'Betty' (god bless you, internet! For all you know, I'm some super-smart typing dog), I'm 24 and I'm an Australian currently living in London. My boyfriend and I are over here working and travelling for a year. We've just come back from a big trip (Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Split and Rome) and will be going to Paris in exactly two weeks. I miss my friends and family at home, but I'm not sure how happy I'm going to be to go home in six months. I work as a free range offline captioner, which means I watch TV and write down what the people say. If you've watched TV in Britain or the ABC in Australia with the teletext captions turned on, you may have seen my work. I take no responsibility for the spelling mistakes. I have a writing degree and am trying to get back into that. I had a dry spell . I have a cat named Peanut who is currently being catsat by my parents. That's her in my avatar, eating paper. Well, not so much eating it in that case as tearing it into long strips. She kind of looks evil there. Please excuse the messiness of my room.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: I'm a newbie

Meow Welcome.

Jackie T

Ngaow, and welcome to ya, Betty!!!

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Does everyone have a cat here? lol, there takin over the world u know! it was on TV! it must be true, lol, welcome, one Q, ur from Oz, why the hell come to Britain, cept theres less things that can kill u, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman
    Does everyone have a cat here? lol, there takin over the world u know! it was on TV! it must be true, lol, welcome, one Q, ur from Oz, why the hell come to Britain, cept theres less things that can kill u, lol!
    ive got...more than 1. All named after Final Fantasy characters.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman
    I only have an imaginary dog.

Welcome, Betty Coltraine. You almost sound like you are on walkabout. Sounds very interesting.

+ Reply to Thread