+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (very) Brief Intro

Default (very) Brief Intro

I actually registered about a year ago, but, due to circumstances beyond my control, have been unable to post an intro.

I never know what to say, so it will be a brief, short hand version:

I am old, as in approaching 50; too old to still be playing in these waters, as friends and family keep pointing out to me. But, well, you know I truly don't feel any different then when I was in my 20's.

I've done quite a few different things in my lifetime: Trained and shown horses, artist, writer, worked in a Disco, manicurist, Domina, phone sex operator, retail store manager, and a few office jobs.

I got my first tattoo in 1977, the day of my 18th birthday; I had planned for it a whole year prior. Tattoos on women were not very well received then, and when the supervisor at my job discovered I had some they threatened to fire me.

My first body piercing was in the late '80's at The Gauntlet.

I still love going out to see bands.

I love sitting in bars to people watch.

I read, read, read!

And, that's it.

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

Default Re: (very) Brief Intro

Quote Originally Posted by DoomTart
    I actually registered about a year ago, but, due to circumstances beyond my control, have been unable to post an intro.

I never know what to say, so it will be a brief, short hand version:

I am old, as in approaching 50; too old to still be playing in these waters, as friends and family keep pointing out to me. But, well, you know I truly don't feel any different then when I was in my 20's.

I've done quite a few different things in my lifetime: Trained and shown horses, artist, writer, worked in a Disco, manicurist, Domina, phone sex operator, retail store manager, and a few office jobs.

I got my first tattoo in 1977, the day of my 18th birthday; I had planned for it a whole year prior. Tattoos on women were not very well received then, and when the supervisor at my job discovered I had some they threatened to fire me.

My first body piercing was in the late '80's at The Gauntlet.

I still love going out to see bands.

I love sitting in bars to people watch.

I read, read, read!

And, that's it.
    You sound very interesting!
    My partner Stella Maris and I are fetish designers, we do alot of work in Leather like Corsets and such, glad to have you here!
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by DoomTart

Don't buy into that "I'm old" or "I'm too old for ____" crap. I'll accept people telling me they're old when they're entirely withered and grey, and even then they'd better not use it as an excuse for giving up on things.

Maintaining a youthful mindset is key, and life doesn't have an agenda. As Norman Macera once told me, "Don't ever grow up." I don't intend to, and unless you want to fade into a boring suburban backdrop, you shouldn't either.

...and welcome to BlueBlood.

Glad to have you here.

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

aawwww

well HI welcome to the board.

<3
    Laura

Welcome aboard, Doom Tart, and am with Inox here. Am 43, and while am conscious of getting and being older, that doesn't mean one should forget about pursuing interests, having an interesting life, and improving oneself whenever and wherever possible.

The time to stop that is when one is well and truly dead, and I hope that won't happen to you for many years and decades to come.

Welcome aboard, and dig right in!!!!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Amen to Inox and Donald. There are a short list of messages I hope people get from Blue Blood and one of those is definitely not to give up who you are because there are weird social pressures. Peer pressure and its sisters come from different places at different stages of life, but it all sort of boils down to the same hopeless conformist nonsense. I'm a big believer in both hope and owning who you are.

Anyway, you are very welcome Nice to see you over here at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Amen to Inox and Donald. There are a short list of messages I hope people get from Blue Blood and one of those is definitely not to give up who you are because there are weird social pressures. Peer pressure and its sisters come from different places at different stages of life, but it all sort of boils down to the same hopeless conformist nonsense. I'm a big believer in both hope and owning who you are.

Ta', Ms. Amelia!!!! BTW, have you seen the post over in Promotional Announcements wondering if this forum is moderated by humans????

The question, and some of the answers to it, are quite risible.

Some spam-bots, like some people, simply don't understand how the world works, and that applies to anyone at any age, just as its opposite condition does.

Thank you for providing us with a forum where we can meet and discuss the world as we see it, and thanks to the group for making it an interesting place to do so.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

peer pressure has sisters? :eek hawt

Don: kiss ass

DoomTart: cool name. its like a poptart only doomalicious. although admittedly doom probably has a lot of calories, so lets keep it out of the food please. and the old rule is right: youre only as old as you feel (or as the one youre feeling). if this is the place you wanna be, then pilgrim, park your horse.
    although round here maybe it should be a hearse.

haha. i made a goth joke.
    im sorry, ill just be over here now.

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    peer pressure has sisters? :eek hawt

Don: kiss ass

DoomTart: cool name. its like a poptart only doomalicious. although admittedly doom probably has a lot of calories, so lets keep it out of the food please. and the old rule is right: youre only as old as you feel (or as the one youre feeling). if this is the place you wanna be, then pilgrim, park your horse.
    although round here maybe it should be a hearse.

haha. i made a goth joke.
    im sorry, ill just be over here now.
    Ta', no, old love !!!! Thanks, anyway.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

helloooo!!! welcome to blueblood

+ Reply to Thread