+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Book Plots that Irk you?

Default Book Plots that Irk you?

Here is a sort of example:

In The Return Of The King, they made it to mount doom, which is the only Weak Spot of Sauron, supposedly.

Why didnt he heavily fortify it, or make that his base, supposing that was the only place he could be defeated?

In Rocky Horror Picture Show: Why did Frank Kill Eddie ? I have ideas why, but was wondering about the confirmation.

Pochahontas: In real life, she went with him in the end, so why did they make that different?

Why does Disney almost always do that?

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Default Re: Book Plots that Irk you?

Return of the king-Wouldnt it suck if someone accidentally dropped his ring into the fire when they wentto give it to him? I mean, them orks are pretty derned clumsy. Also, most of the land around mount doom was pretty inclimate, if I remember correctly, it erupting all the time and all.

RHPS- Because Frank is an ass, and he wants all the fine poon tang for himself.

Pokihaunches- See pochohontas 2, the sequel.
    initially they most likely did it because she, um, died on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    Return of the king-Wouldnt it suck if someone accidentally dropped his ring into the fire when they wentto give it to him? I mean, them orks are pretty derned clumsy. Also, most of the land around mount doom was pretty inclimate, if I remember correctly, it erupting all the time and all.

RHPS- Because Frank is an ass, and he wants all the fine poon tang for himself.

Pokihaunches- See pochohontas 2, the sequel.
    initially they most likely did it because she, um, died on the way back.

Sauron was this great and powerful wizard, so if he wanted, he could have fixed that.

RHPS: I thought it was because he showing up Rocky.

Disney: Probably, as they always change stuff anyway.

Mount Doom was a force of nature. In the uncontrollable sense. Also, as I said, nobody there to protect it.

Seriously, theres a sequel in england

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

mount doom normally was heavilly protected because Mordor is normally overrun with Orcs Aragorn attcked Mordor so all the orcs would have to leave to fight him thus enabling Frodo to get to mount doom without being attcked

Also, I attacked Kidthorazines house so all the punctuation had to leave.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

oh noes the grammar police has struck again

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well that was sauron's base, but from the tower of Barad dur he could see everything that was going on around the world, plus he couldn;t have all his orcs hanging around mt doom because they would all get deep fried... but the main reason he didn't leave it defended was because he's completley evil and that is his weakness, he can't understand good people and it's incomprehensible to him that anyone would want to destroy the ring instead of using it.

I don't know about rocky horror..

In real life Pochothontas was only 13 and she was pretty much whored out to the colonists so that they wouldn't attack her tribe, after she was brought back to england she died of small pox. they changed it for the disney version because they don't want people to know reality and suger-coat genocide and act like the indians and the white man were best pals.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Sauron didn't pay attention to Mount Doom because he couldn't concieve of a person (or Creature) that would have the power (will) to destroy the ring.

Frank killed Eddie because he wasn't subservant enough. He wanted a rough tough boy to play with, but Eddie was to independant.

As far as Disney making changes to actual history, thats an easy one. Because they can. They have more power over the youth of tomorrow than any government , religion or family member. they are the future of mass control brainwashing.

Switching to TV shows for now:

Ok, on Bewitched, they would constantly go back and forth through time, but it wouldnt make sense or be consistant.

Examples:

The maid or whoever, went back in time to fix the tower of Piza, since she made it lean, and changed history. When she got back to the present, then the tower was straight, but nobody noticed, and when they did, they made a major commotion. Now if that was consistant, then they wouldnt have even known it had ever been leaning in the start!

Next: They go back in time to Darren's ancestor and make him into a Warlock, or whatever. Now, when Darren is in his 30's = (the Present ), then he just starts getting the powers. If it had been whatever, then he would have had them from birth, and the entire show or episode would have been completely different!

Graaaagh! That show and Sabrina aggravate Me, aside from the Starlets being Hot.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Here is a sort of example:

In The Return Of The King, they made it to mount doom, which is the only Weak Spot of Sauron, supposedly.

Why didnt he heavily fortify it, or make that his base, supposing that was the only place he could be defeated?

In Rocky Horror Picture Show: Why did Frank Kill Eddie ? I have ideas why, but was wondering about the confirmation.

Pochahontas: In real life, she went with him in the end, so why did they make that different?

Why does Disney almost always do that?
    Disney always changes stories to make them less traumatic. Imagine as an innocent little 6 year old watching the original version of the Little Mermaid where that topless wonder of a fish woman dies for some dumb human (I did), how hear-breaking! I wonder if it might be good for kids though to see and read some of the sadder or more violent fairy tales? Or do they get enough violence and seriousness in their preteen years with all that anime?
    fairy tales?

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Disney always changes stories to make them less traumatic. Imagine as an innocent little 6 year old watching the original version of the Little Mermaid where that topless wonder of a fish woman dies for some dumb human (I did), how hear-breaking! I wonder if it might be good for kids though to see and read some of the sadder or more violent fairy tales? Or do they get enough violence and seriousness in their preteen years with all that anime?
    fairy tales?
    You mean like the Grim's Fairy Tales?

I remember reading about how, in Cinderella, all the women in the country tried to cut off parts of their feet so they'd make the shoes fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    fairy tales?
    Its kind of hypacritical (Spelling) , since they banned episodes of Pokemon for showing a tranquilizer gun, and having a foreign holiday, but in american cartoons, guns are everywhere.

Side note: The Church had officially declared Pokemon as Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    You mean like the Grim's Fairy Tales?

I remember reading about how, in Cinderella, all the women in the country tried to cut off parts of their feet so they'd make the shoes fit.

Or that book where a father shot his son in the face with a shotgun at point blank range, simply because the kid took a bribe!

forgot the name of it though. **

+ Reply to Thread