+ Reply to Thread

Thread: make up question

tatum radcliffe's Avatar Senior Member

Default make up question

i was wondering if anyone can suggest a good brand of make up/ stage paint/ home remedies/ whatever that will cover scars. Some are worse than others and I'd rather not show them off. I usually stay covered head to toe, but I'm trying not to be so self concious. I know that the make up is a bit vain, but it may be helpful. look forward to hearing what all you can suggest!

antiseptic fashion's Avatar Antiseptic Fashion
    Not sure, the entire company was found on a doorstep.

Default Re: make up question

For what part of the body?

Mac, Bare Essentials and Smashbox is what me and the wife use for personal and special FX.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant designs
    For what part of the body?
    burn on the hand, leg, and chest (the ones on the chest aren't that bad, but they bother me the most.)

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Mac, Bare Essentials and Smashbox is what me and the wife use for personal and special FX.

Ok, Mac, I know where to find. Where would I locate the others?

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Not at all related to this thread but..VoldtaEngler check your private messages dangit! XP

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Joe Blasco. I think that's the name, it's been awhile since I did "Fright Fest", but if I remember correctly that's the name JPM productions swears by. Excellent if you know how to apply makeup correctly, and long lasting. They sell regular makeup online, however I'm not sure I've seen the stage make up for sale. You may need to shoot them an email

I checked, and it's joeblasco.com. worth checking out! oo...after checking out the website a little more, the minimum order is $75. That's steep.
    Last edited by Janiac02; 02-23-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: additional information

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

it depends on how bad the scarring is, if its deep then makeup wont do much and youll need to cover the scar with liquid latex before you apply makeup, then Mac and Bare Essentials both work great..

RAGE's Avatar A wolf among wolves

Physicians Formula. Great stuff.
    You can buy it just about anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    it depends on how bad the scarring is, if its deep then makeup wont do much and youll need to cover the scar with liquid latex before you apply makeup, then Mac and Bare Essentials both work great..

the scars on my hand basically look like a sun burn. the ones on my chest and leg... think freddy kruger, but not that bad. that taught me to stay the hell out of the kitchen. I have some stuff that I use to fill them in, but it looks really discolored and am looking for stuff that will go on and stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02
    I checked, and it's joeblasco.com. worth checking out! oo...after checking out the website a little more, the minimum order is $75. That's steep.
    for make up, yeah it's expensive, but it's cheaper than skin grafts and other plastic surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by tatum radcliffe
    for make up, yeah it's expensive, but it's cheaper than skin grafts and other plastic surgery.
    That is definitely true. This is professional theatric makeup, but though it does work well, I'm not exactly sure it will produce the results you are looking for.
    This is much easier said than done, but learning to love yourself the way you are, scars and all, would be much cheaper, and emotionally you'd gain something from it. Each scar represents a story, no matter whether you like the story or not, it's the history of you. Same as wrinkles, you earn those with time. They are harder to attain than they are to get rid of.

I'm looking forward to the wrinkles and grey hair, funny enough. Learning to be comfortable in your own skin is an amazing feeling, but it is made hard when you have small children and some adults gawking at you. Wearing a tank top to the zoo, I had one little girl come up to me ask what happened to me. She was about four and kids are curious little devils. She asked with no malice and was very sympathetic, but it was her mom's reaction that just bothered me. Some people are just giant boogers. I'm getting to the point where I don't cover them all the time (i have to be careful though because too much sunlight will make them worse apparently). Fucking with people that do ask is fun. maybe that's just me.....

Thanks for the name of the company. Do you have a link for them?

Quote Originally Posted by tatum radcliffe
    I'm looking forward to the wrinkles and grey hair, funny enough. Learning to be comfortable in your own skin is an amazing feeling, but it is made hard when you have small children and some adults gawking at you. Wearing a tank top to the zoo, I had one little girl come up to me ask what happened to me. She was about four and kids are curious little devils. She asked with no malice and was very sympathetic, but it was her mom's reaction that just bothered me. Some people are just giant boogers. I'm getting to the point where I don't cover them all the time (i have to be careful though because too much sunlight will make them worse apparently). Fucking with people that do ask is fun. maybe that's just me.....

Thanks for the name of the company. Do you have a link for them?
    http://www.joeblasco.com

I understand that. Sometimes it isn't worth being judged by others. Very frustrating!

+ Reply to Thread