+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Priorities suck

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Priorities suck

So this morning I got a call from this place called Benihanas, Ive really wanted this job there, but they gave it to someone else, I was next in line. So this morning the manager calls and says the person they gave the job to hasnt shown up for his first 2 days at work and she wanted me to start at 5:30 tonight. well after calling baysitters for a half hour, I determined there was no way for me to start until sunday. I called her back and told her that and she said they needed someone tonight and unfortunatley shed have to keep looking. I hung up with her and my mom called five or ten minutes later and said she could watch the baby. So I called her right back...she already placed the job...now everyone is pissed off at me because I "should've just taken it". I just thought itd be rude to take it then flake out on the last second, like the first guy did. It sucks cause it payed $15.00 hr +$400-$1000 a week in tips...
    I feel like shit now...things were so much easier before the baby.
    Between him and Bryans schedule its so freaking impossible..im so stressed out right now..I am seriously fucking up everything.what the crap

Default Re: Priorities suck

you know what?

fuck those people who are mad at you.

you tried to act responsibly, and they can fuck off for not offering to babysit when you needed it (ten minutes before you called the job back...)

i know it sucks, but try to look at this as a 'one step closer' moment...

...i'm pissed because i just got paid today, and then my work pants split so i have to go out, and buy another pair instead of spending that money on taking a day trip to see my friend. (but hey fuck him for not visiting me.)

i hope your day gets better.

(i'm off to take my last pair of presentable pants to my second job... yay...)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    you know what?

fuck those people who are mad at you.

you tried to act responsibly, and they can fuck off for not offering to babysit when you needed it (ten minutes before you called the job back...)

i know it sucks, but try to look at this as a 'one step closer' moment...

...i'm pissed because i just got paid today, and then my work pants split so i have to go out, and buy another pair instead of spending that money on taking a day trip to see my friend. (but hey fuck him for not visiting me.)

i hope your day gets better.

(i'm off to take my last pair of presentable pants to my second job... yay...)
    thank you! thats what I though too..but everyone is ganging up on me now..and whats stupid is they were making me feel bad orignally from trying to take the job anyway..people suck

aww im sorry youre having a bad day today too...i hope it gets better..tell your friend not to be a lazy ass and too come and fucking visit!

buster has a point

could you call them and ask if they could keep you on their "reserve" list just in case the next in line doesnt show? or if something happens to another person you could take their place? determination is key to people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    buster has a point

could you call them and ask if they could keep you on their "reserve" list just in case the next in line doesnt show? or if something happens to another person you could take their place? determination is key to people like that.
    thats what i did, she said shell call me as soon as j position opens up

sorry, i was just venting... it had just happened just that minute, and i was pissed.

your situation was alot more fucked up, and reading about it ticked me off. where the fuck do these people get off?

anyway, i think you handled it like a champ, and you can let those dingbats know i said so. LOL... sorry.

hopefully you'll get the job in short order, because they'll see that you're sincere, and reliable... after all, having the well beingt of your child as a priority should count for alot to an employer.

good luck.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

wtf..."just take the job anyways"??
    and leave youre kid alone at home?
    suuuure... thatll go over well... ghaa.
    *hugses*

That lame. You made a judgement call and it's a little unfair for people to second guess your decision considering your child care situation at that moment. Keep your chin up. It will get easier in a few years when the baby gets older.

They have good food too. Would they make you dress like a geisha girl? That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    That lame. You made a judgement call and it's a little unfair for people to second guess your decision considering your child care situation at that moment. Keep your chin up. It will get easier in a few years when the baby gets older.

They have good food too. Would they make you dress like a geisha girl? That would be cool.
    thanks hun

That would be very badass..but I think the clothes would get in the way alot..
    I need to learn about Saki tho

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    wtf..."just take the job anyways"??
    and leave youre kid alone at home?
    suuuure... thatll go over well... ghaa.
    *hugses*

+ Reply to Thread