+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you do????

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Default What do you do????

...when two people who you concider your good friends break up?

I am trying to be Switzerland.

It's sad though. And I don't know how to comfort either of them.

*sigh*

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: What do you do????

That can certainly be difficult. One variation of that which I really hate is when one of your friends breaks up with their partner and comes to you to vent about how horrible their partner was, but then they get back together again. Somehow, you end up more shut out than you started.

There's nothing you can do other than not take sides and even that is pretty hard to do.

Just ride it out and hope for the best.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    That can certainly be difficult. One variation of that which I really hate is when one of your friends breaks up with their partner and comes to you to vent about how horrible their partner was, but then they get back together again. Somehow, you end up more shut out than you started.
    OH, I know, they play both ends, and then you become the enemy when they get back together!!!

I guess it's best to just not talk about it, or else this kind of thing will happen. My best friends and lovers tend to come and go into drug oblivion, so I am forced to let go of them. But it is difficult.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i start off by saying "listen i know its going to be rough and if you come to me for advice i will give it to you but i am still going to stay friends with both of you so don't think i am going to choose sides." and then when offering advice i always state things as "well one option is ______ but jsut remember that s/he can mis interpet that" i basically try to give them all the options and as much insight into possible re-actions to there actions... so that they can make the decisions

+ Reply to Thread