+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gnu

Satori's Avatar Junior Member

Default Gnu

I hate intro messages so I'll just get this over with.

Once upon a time, Satori moved to a small-ass town in western Canada to study journalism. A year later, he had met everyone who lived there and realized he still hadn't found anyone worth talking to.

Two days later, he realized how much this fucking sucked. Will our hero find another solution? Highly doubtful.

Likes: the trashiest of punk rock, ska/reggae, tattoos, webcomics, drinking coffee and playing guitar, photoshop train wrecks, and kung fu

Hates: country music (I'm doomed), completely unnecessarily-sized pickups (with the bumper at chest height), people who say they know what they want but don't, people who ask "what?" when I'm staring at them because I'm thinking about something else. Hell, just people in general. I feel compassion for them, I just wish they'd get their shit together.

Savvy?

Default Re: Gnu

Hiya! Savvy looks like SaWy.. Hrm..Saw...4...this october! I expect a banner ad to piss of bikerpunk later.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Hiya and welcome and my condolences ... grew up in a place like that *hugs*

Sorry to hear about your move of lame. A year later, I'm in a similar situation.

Welcome, Mr. savvy Satori.

I've never lived in this small a town before. It's a headtrip. You run into people who think it's a centre for culture or a bustling metropolis because they came from an even smaller town in the middle of nowhere.

One cowboy bar and an art gallery that features 'crocheted works' does not a centre for culture make.

I thought those places only existed in the moving pictures.

Ack just saw Kamloops *comfort*. The sad thing is Vancouver is lovely but even it doesn't have interesting clubs etc. Oh we do have art and the VSO etc but the best fetish parties are still given by my hairdresser.

*hugs for Satori* know the feeling luv, could never move to the interior.

Are you kidding, Vancouver should have crazy clubs.

That's obnoxious, that means going further afield. I want to go to Alcatraz ER in Tokyo where the sexy vinyl-clad waitresses drive you around in the wheelchair and bring you test-tube drinks in your prison cell.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I dunno, I remember lots of clubs in Van when I lived there, and one hell of an after hours scene too

Straight clubs sure ... fetish not so much, unless you consider fetish girls wandering about in white lace and guys taking their shirt off and wearing leather pants or god forbid a tux *shudder*. If you are lucky you get to see a girl or two in PVC. No, really that pretty much describes the last fetish night I went to here. Here its more about club slots once a month like Sin City and Sanctuary (more goth glam than fetish), although private parties are usually better.

The Opera is amazing if you like shoes and I like to wear my rubber stockings and fabulous shoes when I go but then I'm an oddity aren't I =D

Toronto has a much better scene that we do. Seattle had some fun spots when I went down there and of course LA.

Welcome aboard, Satori, and am sorry you're currently stuck in your present location.

Hope that gets remedied quicker than soon.

Suburbs in Edmonton used to be good for fetish nights and a general sultry atmosphere, but since they moved downtown it's changed a lot.

Liverpool has great potential for fetish clubgoing - I used to go to the Krazy House which is three dayglo-coloured floors filled with people who couldn't care less what you're wearing because beer is 2 pound apiece and the metal is fucking cranked.

Donald: Done my degree in a year so and then I'm out, sooner rather than later, thanks.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hahaa omg i used to live in kamloops... still have family up there. its... okay... boring... but thats cause my family never DOES anything haha...
    i like kamloops though, but thats just because i like wandering around window shopping

but hii

Boring pretty much covers it. You have to invent your own entertainment. So far I'm working on a plan that involves pinatas and fire; two things that are fun on their own, but together could reach the level of a spectacle.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

i can reccomend shitty burnable pinatas at zellers
    and of course take pictures, and try not to burn down the forests haha

+ Reply to Thread