+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My dad

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default My dad

It's been one week since my father passed away and I'm trying to memoralize him and work through my feelings in one of the few ways I know how.

http://homepage.mac.com/cluelessmorg...tures/Papa.jpg

The picture contains a photo of my dad from 1961 when he was only a private in the Army, his burial flag, the chest containing his ashes and a button I got for him as a joke gift a few years ago. The button read 'Old Soldiers Never Die... (your Mom just threw them away)'. It's brought a bit of levity to the whole affair, which I'm certain my dad enjoys.

My dad always had an eye for an attractive woman. So, I feel I may have to shoot a military based set soon and dedicate it to him as my final tribute. I'm sure he would appreciate it. I just can't show it to my mom.

My fathers ashes will be placed in Arlington National Cemetery on the 4th of September at 9AM.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: My dad

sorry to hear that bill. I don't have any practical advice to offer to anyone. but doing that photoshoot sounds like a really good thing to do. keep on doing what you love, I'm sure that's all that he would want for you.

Sorry to hear that too HB.
    Your dad looked like the kinda guy that would attract all the ladies

My grandpa was in WW2 and the Death March, and a POW for years, until he broke him and his troops out of his prison by asking for a smoke from a japanese guard. It ended up being his demise because he got hooked and ended up with cancer.
    It was really sad to lose him, but I know he's still with me in spirit.

All the best of luck to you, your future photoshoot and if you need anything dont hesitate to ask! *hugs*

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

My condolences. You really just have to do what comes natural at times like these.

JT

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think commemorating him with your art is a really sweet and thoughtful thing to do. I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, that's certainly a tough thing to go through, and if you can find a creative way to channel some of that, it sounds like a very good idea.

Saw the memorial to your Dad and thought it worked very well.

My condolences to you and your family.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

*hugs for Headless Bill* I think a military set is a fabulous idea =)

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

well im totally late, but i think thats really awesome, everything in that photo and the photo shoot youre planning. good luck with that. hope it all turns out the way you want it, im sure he would love it

+ Reply to Thread