+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fix Windows XP by using the XP installation CD

Default Fix Windows XP by using the XP installation CD

Good Day

Just wanted to share my new experience.

If your Windows XP fails to run due to an error related to missing HAL.DLL, invalid Boot.ini or any other critical system boot files you can repair this by using the XP installation CD. Simply boot from your XP Setup CD and enter the Recovery Console. Then run "attrib -H -R -S" on the C:\Boot.ini file and remove it. Launch "Bootcfg /Rebuild" and then Fixboot

Cheers,
    Carl

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Default Re: Fix Windows XP by using the XP installation CD

Quote Originally Posted by _tech_guru_papa_
    Good Day
    Good Night. Carl, just be aware that when you play the Windows XP CD backwards it delivers satanic messages. More alarmingly if you play it forwards it installs Windows...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Boo! Hiss! it's the evil nerdy PC man. Save us now Justin Long, I want to be hip and casual and not conform to society's bullshit. I hate my dad, I hate my life, but it's OK as long as I still have my Mac.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

hehe... Macs are just as lame as PCs in my opinion. What's soooo much better about them and Apple compared to Microsoft and whatnot? I use 'em both and they both cause the same amount of swearing at the monitor (a lot). Plenty of evil nasties everywhere. Sure... anyone with the market share of a Microsoft should be looked upon suspiciously and yeah windows is a copy of the mac interface. On the other hand I-tunes rates right at the top of the highly evil nasty list. And then there's "Do no evil" Google (evil).
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Boo! Hiss! it's the evil nerdy PC man. Save us now Justin Long, I want to be hip and casual and not conform to society's bullshit. I hate my dad, I hate my life, but it's OK as long as I still have my Mac.
    Agree with where you're coming from MG. How about the "MFs" (Mac Fully Superior) brigade. Get any sort of life you desperate following loser nerds. And also PCs can go to hell.

aaaaaahhh.... Nothing like a widely spraying rant. I feel much better now that I've slagged off everyone and everything in site. Except Amiga 1000 users.

+ Reply to Thread