+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so frustrating

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default so frustrating

So what do you do with a sig. other who has a credit card problem?
    Bryan keeps getting credit cards, maxing them out and then never paying them. One card in particular we have payed off 2 times, ive cut the card in half and threw it away , he wrote the number down and then maxed it again!!!!

Then last month I gave him all the bills and bill money and he never payed them or sent them! I found out 2 weeks later. One of them even had the money order all ready and sealed and stamped..he is so freaking irresponisible..i dont know what to do

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: so frustrating

dont give him the stuff and take it into your own hands. set him down and lay down the law. give him a chance to talk to you about it and then have your say in it. trust me the longer it goes on the worse it gets. and that can affect some major things in the future.

are you married?

if not you might be able to escape....

...sorry. i know that's not really funny, but credit is some fucked up shit. folks have to be super disciplined with it... like, take all the credit cards, freeze them in blocks of ice, and only dethaw them when you absolutely must... you can't put them in hot water, or a microwave to dethaw them faster, so it has to be really important.

i've been pretty bad with money in the past, which is why i've never allowed myself to have a credit card...

it's pretty fucked up, but this is the sort of thing that ruins alot of relationships.... if he refuses to shape up in this regard, you might have some serious thinking to do.

i dunno, good luck.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

1. take his name off ALL accounts. period.
    2. serve his ass an ultimatum. I don't know the whole situation, so I'm sure you can figure out what kind of ultimatum to serve up.
    3. If that doesn't work, I hate to say it, but kick his ass to the curb. destroying your credit can fuck you up permanently. even after (if) you break up years down the road.

I'm a no-nonsense kind of girl..... I probably would have broken up with him after I paid that one card off and he maxed it out again.......... I have had my credit fucked before, and let me tell you, it is a real bitch to find a place to live, when no one wants to rent to you because of your credit. don't let some guy do this to you.

well we arent married, its his credit he is fucking...and its like , we have a kid ya know, hes extremely faithful and good to me, its this this one thing thats an issue..Id hate to end a relationship over a few hundred bucks...and we have talked A BILLION times and he just keeps doing it...do they have credit psychiatrists? he has a spending problem bad

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well lets see, you can eventualy declare bankruptcy, or you can hide out for seven or eight years, credit debts eventualy do disapear and after 10 years of looking over his shoulder he'll be paranoid enough to not do it again or he won't so in that case do what's in the last three posts

I don't envy you....good luck with that one

yeah, i thought you guys had a kid, and you haven't made a bunch of other complaints about the guy.

like i said this is tough.

the problem is that 'a few hundred dollars' could easily become a few thousand, and it just keeps getting bigger, and bigger...

money IS a big reason why couples fight, so if you guys are good working this out now could be pretty improtant.

i don't know what to say that'll get him to listen... well, this is cruel, and i'm a traitor to my sex for mentioning it, but you could withold sex until he deals with this issue (sorry guys)

Well, it's a problem beyond the immediate financial reality in that it goes to trust. These things that he is doing do represent a betrayal of trust, and you can't have a relationship operating like that.

You have to lay down the law, and be prepared to walk if he's going to continue to act in a selfish and deceptive fashion.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

one question..does he have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    one question..does he have a job?
    oooh yeah, he works fulltime and I work 2 days a week so I can be home with kaden

Amaltheas_Attic's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    well lets see, you can eventualy declare bankruptcy, or you can hide out for seven or eight years, credit debts eventualy do disapear and after 10 years of looking over his shoulder he'll be paranoid enough to not do it again or he won't so in that case do what's in the last three posts

I don't envy you....good luck with that one
    The problem with that is, while the mark is gone from your credit report, they can STILL sue you for the money which could come at a really bad time (i.e. kid needs braces, college funds, you want a house, etc.)

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

You do what I do, well you don't do what i do, but you will get it...

I am terrible with money.. well, not with money. but I am terrible with spending it, so my Girl takes my cards away from me and gives me lists to buy, when i can go shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    You do what I do, well you don't do what i do, but you will get it...

I am terrible with money.. well, not with money. but I am terrible with spending it, so my Girl takes my cards away from me and gives me lists to buy, when i can go shopping.
    see I do that...but then he gets cards behind my back...or he writes down the numbers...damn it all lol hes cheating on me with money!!

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Rofl.. You need to nip that shit in the bud.. cut him off from the nightly chores for a bit.. Wait.. I am A guy.. I did not say that.

Sit down with him and let him know how stupid and selfish he is for messing up your credit history/finances/you ?

+ Reply to Thread