+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lifestyle Changes...

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default Lifestyle Changes...

Have you had the same "lifestyle" for a decade or does it seem to change every other year or every other 4 years.

For me, at age 24, I've changed my lifestyle many a times since I was 18 already living on my own. It seems as though I find things I don't want to do anymore or want to change, and therefore, I start a new lifestyle...sometimes it's difficult to let go of some past times....

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Lifestyle Changes...

i know what you mean. its hard to let go of the familiar and move on to the new. i've felt lately like i've out grown so many things but i haven't grown into whatever's next. it's unsettling.

~K

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I think the strongest common thread between the diverse folks on Blue Blood is that we've all passed through so many cultures and subcultures, taking bits of each one, but never quite completely jamming ourselves into a single fit.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

lots of lifestyle changes....not really so much anymore

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

I'm quite young, so it seems that with every year that passes, I'm a different person...as a result, the lifestyle I lead is different. I have to say though I feel more comfortable now with myself than I have ever been, and I hope its going to stay that way,

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

If you stay the same kind of person your entire life, you become nothing other than a scenester.

Now, if you enjoy something and stick with it, more power to you, but you get the point of the above.

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    If you stay the same kind of person your entire life, you become nothing other than a scenester.

Now, if you enjoy something and stick with it, more power to you, but you get the point of the above.

Yep, I do, and it's a good point to make. After a couple of unhappy years and a rough summer of coming to terms with a difficult past (including an eating disorder, which is what I had in mind when I said that I felt more comfortable with myself), I feel as though I've gotten to a point where I can acknowledge it and hopefully accept it and move on with my life, and grow into...whoever I become, I guess.

That being said, I think we were both thinking/talking different things when it came to lifestyles...I guess I was referring more to my life and the person in my head to my actual life*style*, though I think one influences the other. I did stupid things when I was unhappy, whereas now I don't need to binge drink, for instance, to have a good time, etc...Really, I like to have lunch with friends or read a book or make some brownies, which is an especially delicious way to pass the time.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Sometimes you make the changes, sometimes life makes them for you.

Obligation, sacrifice, a clean break, old ties that don't let go, work, lack of work, stress on work, seizures, migraines, success and all the failure it brings...fuck it all.

Sometimes you make the changes, sometimes life makes them for you.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I move in and out of scenes, interests, looks, style, and music on a pretty regular basis.

"If you're not now, you never were." --Mike Muir

We can find ourselves participating in a lot of different scenes over the years, and involving ourselves in various social activities. The aspects and activities that resonate with who we are at our core are the ones which we keep over the long years.

+ Reply to Thread