+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scary stuff?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default scary stuff?

ok, so this has been done before in a round about way, but screw it. I want to know Now.

what movies/books/ TV show, whatever have you found to be scary?
    um.. I'm not sure how to phrase that, I realize that some things scare people for no fucking reason, that's just thier hang ups. So like what things that are meant to be scary, actually are to you? If anything.

Default Re: scary stuff?

to get the ball rolling, I can't really think of anything that was on purpose that really scared me. I'm talking about that feeling of really being afraid, were you feel like you have been punched in the gut and all your muslces cramp up and your senses seem to get ultra heightened. I don't know if anyone knows that feeling, but that's what terror feels like to me, I've only experienced it a few times, that and hysteria, and it's not at all a pleasant experience it's horrible.
    anyway, haha, yeah, i've never gotten that. What I have gotten is creeped out, and that's the feeling kind of like in the tell tale heart, where you just feel really anxious and nervous and freaked out about everything and your imaginatiopn projects all the most gruesome unlikely scenarios happening. I'll talk about that later, but I want to hear from you guys first.

Mother Superior

There are different types of fear for me. Nothing really "scares" me, especially a movie and or book. As a Paranormal investigator/Ghost-hunter, you get used to fear. There are times when energies are running high and you are hyped but that's about as harsh as it gets. Unless you run into hardcore shit, well, then you get a bit unnerved, lol.

There was this short called Rubber Johnny by Chris Cunningham.. that was interesting. I can't take a lot of movement with lights or color because of a condition I have. This short has weird camera angles and lighting as well.

I still get scared at night being deep in the woods all alone. Movies don't really do it, but good books can give me the chills. Some of H.P. Lovecrafts & Clive Barkers short stories have maybe not totally scared me, but my scenses get heightened. That's how I know theyre working.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

movies books and stuff dont do it for me, but video games definetly scare the crap outta me. I remember not playing Resident Evil because i was kinda scared. If youve ever played games like Silent Hill or Fatal Frame... man... Recently i played a game called Condemned, great game, freaked me the hell out.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

the scene in return of the living dead when the chick goe sinto the cellar and you getta see tarman for the first time and they do that zoom out and he opens his nasty face up and belows out BRAINS! that still scares the shit outta me.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hah okay dont laugh...
    house of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects scared me. thats why i love them so much. can you actually fucking imagine if there was some psycho family out there like otis and them? god.
    anyways... ive been reading stephen king and other scary shit since i was like 10... not many books or movies scare me really...
    oh that movie joyride scared me too. im not a huge fan of semitrucks to begin with haha... theyre scary alone... but after that movie... omg fuck that!!

yeah, you know, that scares me too. that texas chainsaw massacre thing. going into abandoned buildings by myself, especially the more dillapidated it is, always scares me because it brings that to mind. It's the idea that someone really could have been killed here and no one would ever know. but at the same time I love those things too, for the same reason, knowing that you are in a place where most people will never go and wondering about the people that do go there. I've never really bumped into anyone out in the middle of nowhere, but i've heard lots of stories about people thave have and wierd stuff that has happened.

yeah, this really made me think of what you where talking about mirren. I think i'll look into a thread about real life paranormal experiences.

But back on topic, the only movie that really creeped me out was the sixth sense. after that I thought I was seeing dead people everywhere. I think it was just that it was so believable and subtle, not in your face halloween haunted house. the slasher vengeance from beyond the grave never really impressed me, but the idea of the afterlife crossing over into everyday situations is freaky.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

The first book that scared the pants off of me was one those medical thrillers. I loved those when I was 7-9 and one of them I read just terrified me. I can't remember for the life of me what book it was or who wrote it.

These days fiction doesn't bother me. Non-fiction scares me. Devil's Knot scared me. Knowing that still in this country it's so easy to be persecuted like that.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ahhhh... robin cook "toxin" omg... so sickening... youll never eat ground beef ever again, that scared me so bad... i didnt even think of that till i read nudemuse's post.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

the castration scene in Doom Generation, the strobe makes it more evil

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm afraid of dark murky water that I can't see through. I NEVER go in the ocean, and lakes freak the shit out of me. I have nightmares about drowning in that kind of water. I've had them since I was a kid.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I'm afraid of dark murky water that I can't see through. I NEVER go in the ocean, and lakes freak the shit out of me. I have nightmares about drowning in that kind of water. I've had them since I was a kid.

Im the same way, but the reason I dont like it is cause you never know whats down there...gives me the heebygeebies

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    Im the same way, but the reason I dont like it is cause you never know whats down there...gives me the heebygeebies
    That's exactly why I don't like it. I can't stand water I can't see ALL THE WAY through. It freaks the fuck out of me.

That's exactly why I don't like it. I can't stand water I can't see ALL THE WAY through. It freaks the fuck out of me.
    yeah when I was little we took a little boat out onto a lake that used to be a town and there were like church steeples and stufff sticking out, and for some reason I got the idea that there were still people under there dead, and they were gonna like pull me under and shit...so yeah, it just really scares me still...plus fish swimming around and stuff...eek

yeah when I was little we took a little boat out onto a lake that used to be a town and there were like church steeples and stufff sticking out, and for some reason I got the idea that there were still people under there dead, and they were gonna like pull me under and shit...so yeah, it just really scares me still...plus fish swimming around and stuff...eek
    that actually sounds really cool... what's the name of it? (so I can look at it online) My boyfriend and I have always wanted to go to catalina together, but I can't even get on the boat.

oh my goodness, I dont remember but ill ask my dad...its in oregon...southern oregon

if you get a chance will you asak him and PM me? that would be really cool.

if you get a chance will you asak him and PM me? that would be really cool.
    most definatley

most definatley
    you rule. online pics are about as close as I will ever get to seeing something like that up close..... gracias chica!

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I still get scared at night being deep in the woods all alone. Movies don't really do it, but good books can give me the chills. Some of H.P. Lovecrafts & Clive Barkers short stories have maybe not totally scared me, but my scenses get heightened. That's how I know theyre working.

i live pretty deep in the woods. it sucks when i have to go outside at night to get something. a;dja;df i always call my friend & take the phone with me haha.
    i'm a hardcore chicken.

but um

my biggest fear is lame but i know it is so rawr
    i'm scared shitless of freddy krauger.
    haha lamest guy to be afraid of, i know but a;dj;adfjad;f

& saw scared me a bit.

lakes dont bother me ,but the oceans r a diff ,,JAW's ,i was working at the theatre when it came out .
    i refuse to swim in the ocean since .
    and id say sky divin ,i did it 1 time ,,never again

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

when im watching a film or even playing a video game with extreme heights i get a weird nervous feeling, not scared, just a sort of genetic fear of falling thing

+ Reply to Thread