+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obligatory Intro!!

Default Obligatory Intro!!

Hey folks!

So I party fouled by not doing an intro before diving into the boards (yeah...boo, hiss, and all that jazz), so here's rectification.

I'm a South-African-gone-American going to university in the most conservative school in the most conservative state in the country. My name is Barend, but I'll answer to almost anything (Barend, BJ, Beetlejuice, faggot, etc.) Ummmm...the J stands for Justus, people get a kick out of that. "Hey, hey! Say, 'Justus is my middle name!!' " Blegh :P

I'm a music junkie, film afficianado, and all that fun stuff, but I also get out in the world. I fence foil competitively, and I'm en route to go to the junior olympics in February. Fun stuff. I'm 19, so make whatever you will of it.

I'm a lifeguard over the summer; silly job, I know, but I get to ride up and down the beach on a four-wheeler all day, saving people from the dreaded sea cucumbers and stingrays. It's deliciously redneck, hehe.

I realize my credibility took a hit with that, too. But if I'm going to introduce myself, I'll lay it all on the line and let you see what I'm all about. Take me as I am, and all that. ^.^ <3

My favorite bands are Lacuna Coil, Apocalyptica, Collide, London After Midnight, Frank the Baptist, and Duran Duran. I'm actually...pissed beyond reason at the moment, because right now Duran Duran is playing live 30 minutes away from me...but I didn't make enough money whoring myself out to go and see them.
    Favorite films: Memento, Visitor Q, Amelie, M, Metropolis, 8 1/2, Better Off Dead (I can't help it...), The Salton Sea.

Ummm...ok, this is becoming an essay, so I'll just finish by saying that I bite...a lot.

Greetings, folks!

~Psycho

Default Re: Obligatory Intro!!

"it's a shame when somebody throws out a perfectly good whiteboy."

welcome.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

It's okay, hun, every one here bites. Some of us like being bitten back *wink*. It is I, K, the great flirty know it all who has been up too long with very little caffine and much cold medicine. Watch out for migets and squirrles. Enjoy the cheese.

K

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Squirrels? Who mentioned Squirrels?

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hahaa are sea cucumbers really all that dangerous?
    maybe the spikey ones... if you step on them... OUCH!! but the ones that just look like big slugs... ew. haha. sunstars are pretty gross... i seen a couple HUGE ASS sunstars out camping on galiano island... ugly fuckers heh.

Welcome to the party!

Thank you brave beach warrior for protecting us from dreaded sea cucumbers.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

sea cucumbers suck... one tried to kill me once
    hehe welcome and all that stuff

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Welcome to the boards!

howdy !
    and boy howdy ,
    and Howdy Doody !
    and all that howdy type stuff !
    A

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Hi and Welcome =) enjoy

Haha...well, sea cucumbers wouldn't be dangerous had they not looked like dog shite, with mothers screaming at me to get their kids away from the "poopies." o.o SCARY! =)

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Welcome and Be Merry...

It could have been worse, you could have been trying ot savbe people from the "Not-So-Deadly vapire Watermelons" of Romania...

They are mentioned in the vampire encyclopedia.

Know any midgets in College, that would want to be studied... er I mean would to be examed... I mean tested... Wait... thats not what I mean.. But you know what I mean..*wink, wink*

Shoot the Squirrels... They are better off dead, than alive...

Most conservative state that has a beach? Now I'm interested. May I ask which one is that?
    Is Justus your real middle name, and is suppouse to be pronounced as "Justice"?
    And when did you come here from South Africa?

Many welcomes and such.

[Sorry for the questions.]

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

dun dun dun

WELCOME

i miss the squirells (woo i cant spell and I'm too lazy to go see how to spell it . . .)

Well, the state is South Carolina, which just recently passed an amendment outlawing same-sex couples, same-sex child custody, and a slew of other things regarding legal guardianism. I'm moving ASAP. o.o

Yeah, Justus is my real middle name, and it is pronounced as "Justice", aaaand...I moved here 11 years ago when I was still a wee kinderen of 8 years.

No same sex shild custody? Daaaang.

Yeeeeaaaah...it's weird. o.o
    Amendment 1 reads:

"Article XVII of the Constitution of this state would be amended by adding:
    A marriage between one man and one woman is the only lawful domestic union that shall be valid or recognized in this State. This State and its political subdivisions shall not create a legal status, right or claim respecting any other domestic union, however denominated. This State and its political subdivisions shall not recognize or give effect to a legal status, right or claim created by another jurisdiction respecting any other domestic union, however denominated. Nothing in this section shall impair any right or benefit extended by the State or its political subdivisions other than a right or benefit arising from a domestic union that is not valid or recognized in this State. This section shall not prohibit or limit parties, other than the State or its political subdivisions, from entering into contracts or other legal instruments. "

It pretty much means...
    a) Same-sex couples have limited rights, losing things like choosing health-care/burial arrangements for another.
    b) If a child is put in the hospital...only ONE of the parents are allowed to enter...the other has to stay outside.
    c) "full faith and credit" is screwed...meaning if you get married in Mass. or something, you lose all rights when moving to SC.
    d) Domestic violence laws, protections and support systems will fail to include same-sex couples.

Sooooooo... half my friends take it in the arse...only now the only legal way is taking it from politicians. ^^

God I love this state.... o.o'

+ Reply to Thread