+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyone see beer fest?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default anyone see beer fest?

it's pretty hilarious. This one is sure to go down as a classic. It almost makes up for Club Dread(ful film).

also I got a big buzz (pun intended) on the irony of me and my freinds probably being the only straight-edgers in the theater watching a movie about people drinking obscene amounts.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: anyone see beer fest?

I've seen ads for it but i haven't made it to the theater since Clerks2. I do want ot see it tough, if for nothing else than the swedish girls and their paddles.

K

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

hahaha i was worried about my friends not wanting to go see it cuz theyre "straight edge" but i dont think that would be a problem since they had no problem watching half baked. Honestly though the straight edge scene is a joke down here.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

ugh, yeah the straight edge scene is pretty much a joke period. I don't like to use the term to describe myself and I don't have any association to it as a "scene" or any sort of organization or philosophy, it's just the easiest expression to get accross the things that I don't like doing, and everyone understands what it means.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Why is it that so many people don't understand that many people like me, rob and morning glory, preferr not to spend the majority of our existence addled by some substance or another. When i do drink it's not to get blitzed. I did it once and to be honest i don't see the appeal. but video taping intoxicated idiots at parties is FUN. and that's what i see this movie as being, a video of drunken idiots being funny. i cna laugh can't i?

K

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    ugh, yeah the straight edge scene is pretty much a joke period. I don't like to use the term to describe myself and I don't have any association to it as a "scene" or any sort of organization or philosophy, it's just the easiest expression to get accross the things that I don't like doing, and everyone understands what it means.

Yeah i know what you mean, i do get tired of seeing so many people, mostly kids, saying they are straight edge and think theyre so much better than everyone else, when in fact if you wanna get all technical about it, ive been sXe all my life, and them, just turned that way to be cool, like everyone else.

+ Reply to Thread