+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arab Times Editor on Hamas, Hezbollah

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Arab Times Editor on Hamas, Hezbollah

By Ahmed Al-Jarallah
    Editor-in-Chief, the Arab Times

PEOPLE of Arab countries, especially the Lebanese and Palestinians, have been held hostage for a long time in the name of “resisting Israel.” Arab governments have been caught between political obligations and public opinion leading to more corruption in politics and economics. Forgetting the interests of their own countries the Hamas Movement and Hezbollah have gone to the extent of representing the interests of Iran and Syrian in their countries. These organizations have become the representatives of Syria and Iran without worrying about the consequences of their action.

Recently Hamas kidnapped an Israeli soldier and bombed Israeli settlements with locally manufactured missiles. Soon Hezbollah followed suit, kidnapping two Israeli soldiers. Both these organizations claimed they had kidnapped Israeli soldiers to exchange them for Arab prisoners who are being held in Israeli jails. The fact that Hamas and Hezbollah gave the same reason for kidnapping Israeli soldiers gives us a glimpse their agenda, which is similar to the one followed by Syria and Iran in their conflict with the United States.

While the people of Palestine and Lebanon are paying the price of this bloody conflict, the main players, who caused this conflict, are living in peace and asking for more oil from Arab countries to support the facade of resisting Israel. With the Palestinian Authority close to collapse and the Lebanese government beginning to give up responsibility for what is happening in its territory, Saudi Arabia has been forced to come out of its diplomatic routine and indirectly hold Hezbollah responsible for what is happening Lebanon.

Without mentioning Hezbollah by name Saudi Arabia blamed certain “elements” inside Lebanon for the violence with Israel and said “it is necessary to make a distinction between legitimate resistance and uncalculated adventures adopted by certain elements within Lebanon without the knowledge of legal Lebanese authorities.” While reiterating its support for Palestinian and Lebanese resistance against Israeli occupation, Saudi Arabia has clearly said it is against irresponsible adventures undertaken by certain elements in the region without consulting the legal authorities putting all Arab nations at risk. The Kingdom has also said “these elements must take responsibility for their irresponsible actions and they alone should end the crisis created by them.”

This angry response from Saudi Arabia has politically isolated Hezbollah and Hamas besides holding them responsible for their actions.

This attitude of Saudi Arabia, which has been doing all it can to protect the Arab world from Israeli aggression, is enough to unmask the adventurers, who have violated the rights of their own countries and tried put their people under the guardianship of foreign countries like Iran and Syria. A battle between supporters and opponents of these adventurers has begun, starting from Palestine to Tehran passing through Syria and Lebanon. This war was inevitable as the Lebanese government couldn’t bring Hezbollah within its authority and make it work for the interests of Lebanon. Similarly leader of the Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas has been unable to rein in the Hamas Movement.

Unfortunately we must admit that in such a war the only way to get rid of “these irregular phenomena” is what Israel is doing. The operations of Israel in Gaza and Lebanon are in the interest of people of Arab countries and the international community.

Default Re: Arab Times Editor on Hamas, Hezbollah

'the arab times'? huh... will have to look into what that is.

i was going to post on this subject.

complicated, depressing.

i just got a call from a xian fundementalist friend of mine, all worked up because the 'end is nigh'.

they can do what they want over there, i'm just tired of paying for it with my taxes, and sure as hell don't want to have to have my country fighting for any of those mother fuckers. on any side.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    'the arab times'? huh... will have to look into what that is.

i was going to post on this subject.

complicated, depressing.

i just got a call from a xian fundementalist friend of mine, all worked up because the 'end is nigh'.

they can do what they want over there, i'm just tired of paying for it with my taxes, and sure as hell don't want to have to have my country fighting for any of those mother fuckers. on any side.
    Here's a link: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/arabtimes/index.asp
    (the article is written by the editor in chief, other articles are fairly unfavorable towards the Israelis)

The US will inevitably get involved. Israel has the capabilities to destroy Hamas and Hezbollah, but they will succumb to the pressure of the "world community". Ceasefires, at this point, simply postpone the inevitable. There will be war. The political rhetoric is too shrill, however. It must be recognized that the many arabs do not want this fight.

OEC

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

........... I shoulda stayed in Europe I guess. A really good friend of mine is stuck in France until this shit passes. He was supposed to go back over a week ago. While I'm not a big supporter of what Israel has been doing for the last 20 years, it's still no excuse. However, I'm not afraid of Hezbollah since they don't attack Americans. I just hate the fact that some are actually spinning this shit to say we need to build a wall at the Canadian and Mexican borders.

let us make something perfectly clear, shall we?

isreal can no more destroy hamas, and hezbollah militarily than you can destroy a christian by persecuting them.

just ain't gonna happen.

as the above article points out, all that is going to happen is that isreal's beserkest reaction will create more resentment, and dimwitted recruits for said organizations.

the leadership is safely removed from the havok they're creating, and they'll just use the latest isreali outrages to fluff up their newest recruitment brochures.

H&H NEED isreal to overreact. it's their reason for existince. too bad about all the civilians caught inbetween, eh?

the sooner the chinese kick everybody's asses the better. i for one welcome our mandrin speaking overlords, the mandate of heaven is yours boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    let us make something perfectly clear, shall we?

isreal can no more destroy hamas, and hezbollah militarily than you can destroy a christian by persecuting them.

just ain't gonna happen.

as the above article points out, all that is going to happen is that isreal's beserkest reaction will create more resentment, and dimwitted recruits for said organizations.

the leadership is safely removed from the havok they're creating, and they'll just use the latest isreali outrages to fluff up their newest recruitment brochures.

H&H NEED isreal to overreact. it's their reason for existince. too bad about all the civilians caught inbetween, eh?

the sooner the chinese kick everybody's asses the better. i for one welcome our mandrin speaking overlords, the mandate of heaven is yours boys.
    Syria is already calling for a ceasefire. They are hardly infallible. Syria and Iran are the state sponsors. The point of the article is the lack of support for H and H in the arab community.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    ........... I shoulda stayed in Europe I guess. A really good friend of mine is stuck in France until this shit passes. He was supposed to go back over a week ago. While I'm not a big supporter of what Israel has been doing for the last 20 years, it's still no excuse. However, I'm not afraid of Hezbollah since they don't attack Americans. I just hate the fact that some are actually spinning this shit to say we need to build a wall at the Canadian and Mexican borders.
    That is pretty appalling some would equate this with immigration. Hezbollah was behind the attack on the Marines in '82, but I think you are right given the current situation.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread