+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shady Director Tried To Steal My Script!!!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Shady Director Tried To Steal My Script!!!

So there is this shady director that I approached to direct my film. He did a film with an "A" list actress, (this actress has my script and recently had her agent call me about because she is interested in playing the lead role); and I found out that not only did the film never even get released, but the "A" list actress is not even speaking to him again!!!

Meanwhile, he asked me to send the script to an invalid address, then told me to send it to Kinko's Fed on Hollywood Blvd!! Which means the guy is homeless!!

So then he says that he wants to change my script and co-write it with me and maybe he could try to get some producers interested in it...

Pretty shady... So I told him that I have about 20 directors reading the script, including an academy award winning director, (which is true) and I cannot committ to him as a director, but maybe a producer.

So he e-mails back all mad because he couldn't steal my script!!!

But I mean, thank god!! I think any of you would be better directors than this guy!!! I mean not only is the guy homeless, but his one film never even came out!!! I tell you, there are some scary people out there....

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Shady Director Tried To Steal My Script!!!

There are a lot of people who used to be famous and successful, but are now out of work, and struggling to get by. Look at all the "celebrity"-based reality TV there is. Those people are on those shows, because they are desperate for money, and desperate to be on tv again. The same thing goes for directors. There are a handful of directors who keep making great movies. But most directors make a couple good ones, then they are replaced by new and better directors. So there are plenty of "have-beens" out there. And they are desperate to get involved in your project. Look at their imdb.com listing. If they haven't done something good in a few years, they are probably desperate for work. I mean, Hollywood is the land of desperation. You have tons of wannabe actors, and directors, as well as ex-actors and ex-directors, who all want to work on a good movie. That's what I was telling you about being careful about who you send your stuff to, and not to always believe what people tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    There are a lot of people who used to be famous and successful, but are now out of work, and struggling to get by. Look at all the "celebrity"-based reality TV there is. Those people are on those shows, because they are desperate for money, and desperate to be on tv again. The same thing goes for directors. There are a handful of directors who keep making great movies. But most directors make a couple good ones, then they are replaced by new and better directors. So there are plenty of "have-beens" out there. And they are desperate to get involved in your project. Look at their imdb.com listing. If they haven't done something good in a few years, they are probably desperate for work. I mean, Hollywood is the land of desperation. You have tons of wannabe actors, and directors, as well as ex-actors and ex-directors, who all want to work on a good movie. That's what I was telling you about being careful about who you send your stuff to, and not to always believe what people tell you.

I totally agree!!! Can you believe he is HOMELESS? He had me send it to Fed Ex on Sunset Blvd... Sad... I should have known better...

Oh well, I got plenty more directors... NEXT!!!!!

first hollywood blvd.. then sunset blvd? heh..

In between giving blowjobs, the director will be taking script meetings...

In between giving blowjobs, the director will be taking script meetings...
    Oh god, do you think!! AH!! I swear I am SO glad I am not in Hollywood... I would get into SO much trouble... AGAIN..

Yeah, it's probably a good thing you are doing all this stuff by phone and e-mail.

I think your look would cause problems.

Some good ones, some bad ones...

But trouble, regardless.

Yeah, it's probably a good thing you are doing all this stuff by phone and e-mail.

I think your look would cause problems.

Some good ones, some bad ones...

But trouble, regardless.
    Well you got that right....!! TROUBLE with a capital "T"...

But that's what my script is about!! There would be no script if I didn't get into trouble!! Trouble is my middle name!

I will try to say this without getting into trouble..., but the lawyer that tried to sue me once for (ahem) having sex with a famous superstar, I recently noticed is the same lawyer that represents an actress that I am trying to get!! Hah!! But I used a different name then, so they would never know... I just noticed it after I had contacted them. Maybe they will sue me for writing a script.... I would not be surprised.

Lawyers..shady producers... off spring or just inbred relatives?? seems they are about the same in these cases

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    Lawyers..shady producers... off spring or just inbred relatives?? seems they are about the same in these cases

Definitely! You got that right!! Hah!

There seem to be SOME nice directors/producers... I am actually trying to get another director to play a role in the film, as well as direct, because he started out as an actor, and he would be perfect for this role. So hopefully that will work out. Then the other academy award winning director has not passed, so that is still a possibility... I am working it!!!

But yes, lawyers, especially show biz lawyers, they basically try to make their own laws!!! I had one show biz lawyer tell me that it was illegal NOT to hire him!!! Figure that one out!!

But one of my best friends is a Supreme Court Judge and a big NUNS fan, and he used to be a lawyer, so he can kick their asses!! Mwah! Hah! Hah!!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Illegal not to hire him??? Ba ha ha ha. That is priceless.

Totally protect your work and no reason to take guff from someone unspecial when you have options.

I wouldn't read too much into the address thing though. Maybe he has a production company with his girlfriend but wants to cut her out or he is being stalked by an ex-boyfriend who sometimes uses fake script submissions to track him down or who knows. There are a million reason Los Angeles creative types might not want to give out a more proper seeming address.

But, if he is a weenie, he is a weenie, so the address thing is not really the thing.

+ Reply to Thread