+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kindred: The Embraced

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Kindred: The Embraced

Who remembers this TV show?

It was based on the whole Vampire: The Masqurade RPG game. It was a bit too early to do a show on it since the market it MUCH better for it now.

But oh how this show was hilarious. It was bad...I mean BAD. Horrible acting, horrible storyline, and one of the WORST Lord Byron/Lestat stories ever to grace the airwaves.

Now it did have a few redeeming points. It really tried to present something set in the more modern view of vampires for mainstream consumption. Sadly though it was at a time when Anne Rice books were just starting to come back to light for a whole new generation. The poor quality of the show though killed off great potential that to this day has not be attempted again.

The show is on DVD though for the curious or fans who missed it...but be warned you're not gonna see a forgotten masterwork or cult series...but if you're like me and like watching BAD tv every so often give it a look. It's filled with laughs...and beautiful overacting.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Kindred: The Embraced

i own that on dvd. i liked it. it wasn't the best show but i think it was fun.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

They're thinking of makeing a MOVIE base on that awful tv show. don't know, could be worht a watch, for a straight to video relese...
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    They're thinking of makeing a MOVIE base on that awful tv show. don't know, could be worht a watch, for a straight to video relese...
    K
    Hopefully they just use the source material. Lord knows everyone else has at this point.

+ Reply to Thread