+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adhd

Default Adhd

Well... does anyone have any experience?

btw.. it's my b-day

Default Re: Adhd

No, sir.

But Happy Birthing Day. What are you going to do? Will it involve terrible things?

Happy Birthday!
    As far as adhd, no, but it seems to me, the modern treatments are often worse than the disease.

I think so too...

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

no sorry, but happy birthday, whos the lovely cake lady? im pretty sure someone on here used to be a fab baker of cakes?

unfortunately not... but there are 3 potential bakers I'm sure they know my adorations

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Keiko likes to bake, but she seems to have given it a bit of a rest at the moment.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

No adhd here. Happy Deth Day and may we can someone in teh middle of nowhere to back a very fab cake.

Wynden Nightshade's Avatar Zombie Killer in Training

I do. I took meds for it for a while ....try to stay away from anything with amphets. Tend to make ya angry. Alot depends on age as well what meds will work.

well.. I give my best to deal with it... I don't trust doctors so I'm trying to find alternative... usualy I have no problem organising but sometimes my mind just overwhelms and then I just switch of... anoying... some periods I function normaly and some periods I just switch of from outer world and can't multitask properly...

any alternatives you know that helps?

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

i had a friend who was on medication but went off of it because it made him feel weird and just stare off into space and what not..the medications seem to make other problems arise... im not good at baking so i cant really make you a cake and ups it to you..happy bday though..lol

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

ADHD or ADD? I take a med for adult ADD called Straterra. It's notable in that it is *not* an amphetamine. I've had fairly good luck with it, but everyone's brain chem is different.

My nephew got put on a medication and it made him draw freaky spider looking things

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Sometimes I feel like I have ADD, as my mind tends to wander...alot. But, I'm pretty sure I don't and it's just the way my brain works.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i know the feeling. ive always wondered if i should get it checked, but i think im probably just easily distracted.

Duh, the medication I couldnt remember for the life of me last night, was Ritalin. Thats an easy one I cant believe I couldnt remember. I cant remember shit when I drink though.

My bestfriend had ADHD growing up. I remember in the 5th grade he tried to hold another friend's head out the window to achieve a stop sign decapitation.

We literally had to tie him up in the backseats with seatbelts. He's alot more calmned down now though. Strangely enough, hes the most relaxed of us all now actually.

Was fun trying to make him focus on one thing when he was little though. "Look at this pencil..eh..eh..NO LOOK AT IT..star..stop it..loook..look" etc

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    My bestfriend had ADHD growing up. I remember in the 5th grade he tried to hold another friend's head out the window to achieve a stop sign decapitation.

We literally had to tie him up in the backseats with seatbelts. He's alot more calmned down now though. Strangely enough, hes the most relaxed of us all now actually.

Was fun trying to make him focus on one thing when he was little though. "Look at this pencil..eh..eh..NO LOOK AT IT..star..stop it..loook..look" etc
    do you think a stop sign decapitation would have had his attention for a while?

Obscuria.com's Avatar Member

I had ADD as a kid and took Ritalin for many years, which would sometimes make me stare into space, and other times make me jumpy.

Eventually, I just grew out of it. In fact , lots of meditation helps to have stellar concentration, vs. the grade school teacher threats of "if you drop your crayon box one more time, you are going to the principals office".... so of course that crayon box hit the floor one last time. lol

Ritalin can either be a downer or an upper depending on mood or mental state

Magdalene's Avatar Member

I have A.D.D. I'm not currently taking anything for it right now (not many meds are safe while pregnant, and A.D.D. is the least of my concerns since I'm Bipolar and have O.C.D. as well). I used to take Concerta, though. It seemed to help me out a lot. I was in high school at the time, and I did notice that I got better grades. But who knows, that could have easily just been psychosomatic.

I applaude you magdalene, I know that giving up a med esp one you really need isnt easy at all. It shows you care about your unborn. I seriously applaude you for doing the right, yet uneasy thing!!!

Creepshow's Avatar i'll skin you alive.

i have ADD i take adderal.
    its really quite sad when i dont, actually.
    its fun though.
    ill be saying,"so today i saw this accident out on the highway and......[[silence]]..........wow. we have waffle crisp now! i like waffle crisp...........anyways. what was i talking about??"
    its fantastic.

Magdalene's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I applaude you magdalene, I know that giving up a med esp one you really need isnt easy at all. It shows you care about your unborn. I seriously applaude you for doing the right, yet uneasy thing!!!
    Thanks. I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been hard, but this baby was anything but an accident and I'd rather deal with my manic episodes/depressive episodes for nine months than not have a kid. My fiance and I have been wanting to start a family so badly.

+ Reply to Thread