+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Identify this car? 56K

Default Help Identify this car? 56K

Hiya!
    So i passed by a garage sale a block away from me today, and I saw this gem of a beauty that was sitting for sale. She may let it go for $500 but I have no real clue on what it's really called.

She said it was a Cadillac 1978 Phantom, but looking online It seems its a Rolls Royce Phantom. But I cannot find pictures of it anywhere! It does say Phantom on the side and front grill. But Unsure of the actual year or model.
    The closest I found was it was called a Excalibur limo and it was in russian site. So any real help is very much appriciated as this may be my new steampunky projekt . And for a great deal! 8)

http://www.jadeddreads.com/car/rr7.jpg

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Help Identify this car? 56K

It looks beautiful, except for a little rust. What is wrong with it, if that is the likely asking price?

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

I'm inclined to believe it is a Excaliber modified into a limo.

It'll be interesting to see what you'd do to it to make it Steampunk. I keep thinking of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Though as Excaliber's go, I'd rather have one of the late 60's Roadsters.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

who cares, it's only 500 bucks, buy it and figure all those details out later

EasyRider's Avatar Senior Member

I agree with Mr Karl

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

dosent look like any cadillac ive seen, it is definatly not a 70s lac tho. looks like a rolls to me. Ive never even heard of a cadillac phantom the lady must be trippin i say you buy it

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

looks like a serious custom job, a little bit of rust, what kind of engine does it have? what's with the tarp? all the leaves and moss means it probably hasn't been moved in quite a while
    important questions...do you have someplace to store and work on it? and do you have 500 bucks? as for fixing it , not a problem with something like that

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

wow. I am so so so jealous!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

awesooome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    It looks beautiful, except for a little rust. What is wrong with it, if that is the likely asking price?
    There is very little rust to it. Sorta mildewy smelling but the lady is about 60 something, and said her husband originally bought it because he was 400 lbs, and it was the most comfortable for him to drive and ride in. I think she said he passed on a few years back and she can't drive it so it's been sitting in her driveway for 2 years now. She said make me an offer as she didnt care what it was, because she just wants it out of her driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    looks like a serious custom job, a little bit of rust, what kind of engine does it have? what's with the tarp? all the leaves and moss means it probably hasn't been moved in quite a while
    important questions...do you have someplace to store and work on it? and do you have 500 bucks? as for fixing it , not a problem with something like that
    I think it has a sunroof where the tarp is, but probably hasnt been rolled back into position. Unsure but am checking it out tommorrow as she's holding it for me.
    I have a long long driveway and garage so I can work on it there. And i have a few G's so i should be OK As for fixing it up, Ive never fixed a car up before, so it would be an experiance. Probably call in a few pro's or ask around to see what I can and shouldnt do to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    wow. I am so so so jealous!
    When I get it all fixed up, I invite you, Kellie, Keiko, Forrest and Amelia (hell just bring all the BB girls!) to drive it around and photoshoot with it
    Party in Atlanta! Woo!

EasyRider's Avatar Senior Member

Hold up, y'all are in Atlanta? I might just take that job down there after all...

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider
    Hold up, y'all are in Atlanta? I might just take that job down there after all...
    Not everybody.Theres some members here from ATL. But BB is based in Los Angeles.

im pretty sure thats A Roll;s Phantom ,its been stretched and modd;ed good luck finddin parts tho

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

yeahh i hope you find all the right shit to fix it up, and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg to do it!! and for sure post pics of the process

Well I didnt end up buying it. Found out it was a caddy with a phantom kit, original caddy engine that was seized and had no battery. Plus extra rust damage I didnt see, so it would have been more work than I have time for currently, and It would sit in my driveway for probably years until I could get around to it. Oh well
    So unfortunatly, an ugly duckling that had promise was shortlived and will remain...and ugly duckling.

Onto the next good deal! 8)

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Well I didnt end up buying it. Found out it was a caddy with a phantom kit, original caddy engine that was seized and had no battery. Plus extra rust damage I didnt see, so it would have been more work than I have time for currently, and It would sit in my driveway for probably years until I could get around to it. Oh well
    So unfortunatly, an ugly duckling that had promise was shortlived and will remain...and ugly duckling.

Onto the next good deal! 8)

im betting you coulda bought it and resold it yourself for way more as is

+ Reply to Thread