+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats in your winamp?

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Whats in your winamp?

Ok... generate the HTML playlist in winamp, then upload the file onto the 'net, and then put a link here.

http://www.ipf-inc.org/winamppl.html

Hehe When I posted my whole playlist I got the error:

"The text that you have entered is too long (80739 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Whats in your winamp?

ahh, i couldn't do that , tiss a secret,

but i think i have like roughly 2000 songs ,on my player thing alone,

they range from Litterally from A to Z, from tribalfeild recordings,classical,other,ectectect, -to 1000Bpm hyper grind

and that is the short def. i could go on for hours about the diversity of my audial ittenerary........

ohh,and i don't use winamp.....

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I only used winamp for shoutcast stations these days. I have an all Elvis station bookmarked, a couple smoothbeats/urban hip-hop stations, an old school punk station. I think I have like a grand total of seven bookmarks and no mp3s.

I think if you wanted to list the bands you listen to, and perhaps the songs you really like, that would be more fun and interesting. Not so sure about an exhaustive playlist though. If I listed every track of every CD in my collection, I think their head would explode.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    If I listed every track of every CD in my collection, I think their head would explode.

exactlly,everone i've ever met has told me i have the most diverse collection of music/audial stuff they've ever seen.........

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I think if you wanted to list the bands you listen to, and perhaps the songs you really like, that would be more fun and interesting. Not so sure about an exhaustive playlist though. If I listed every track of every CD in my collection, I think their head would explode.
    Agreed. I just thought it might be fun to see what people have in their Winamp. I have my whole CD collection in it. Its only 1800 songs, and about 20-25gigs (I think).

How many CD's and Gig's of music do you have?

It is exhuastive, but people aren't going to sit there and read EVERY SINGLE track on the playlist... they're just going to look at the band name, and continue on. Or look for one of their favorite songs. Or they will sit there and read the whole thing (that right there contradicts what I said in the begining, I know)... it really depends on the person.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

wel i have a shitload of music everything on my comp is downloaded and only takes up about 12 gigs and it is very deversified I have have a CD collection of about a hundred (non burned) CDs That is mostly goth/punk/metal I also have some vinyl which is mostly metal i dont make playlists on my comp so i cant post one besides im too lazy to do something like that anyways

BTW I hate Winamp Windows Media Player is actually a lot easier to use.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

We use winamp at the radio station here, and I hate it! The buttons are all so tiny and I can't find anything on it. Windows media player is a lot more easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    We use winamp at the radio station here, and I hate it! The buttons are all so tiny and I can't find anything on it. Windows media player is a lot more easier.
    more easier? honey your talking like George Dubya.

...Well at least I use periods when I write!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    more easier? honey your talking like George Dubya.
    see the period in this post?

Wow that's the first punctuation I've ever seen you use.

Oooooh, burn? (heh, sorry couldn't resist.)

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i only use winamp for karoke files, theres about 3000 of them.

regular music we got aroun 5000, and it ranges from chopin to cat stevens to cradle of filth.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I have a life sorry, I don't have the time to listen to 3,000 songs. my play list has about 4 cds on it.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I actually think uploading songs to your computer or ipod is really stupid, it's like yeah, dude, I went out and bought 500 cds, and then I recorded them all on my Ipod so that I don't have to listen to them on cd, isn't that cool? it's like no, you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I actually think uploading songs to your computer or ipod is really stupid, it's like yeah, dude, I went out and bought 500 cds, and then I recorded them all on my Ipod so that I don't have to listen to them on cd, isn't that cool? it's like no, you're an idiot.
    I agree although i usually do that with my minidiscs just because Sony likes to make it a pain in the ass to transfer Mp3s without liscenses i can get around it but sometimes its just to much a pain in the ass I buy CDs to play on my stereo the ones i wanna carry around go onto a minidisc i think a lot of people do that with i-pods but do think having all that shit backed up on your comp is a major waste of hardrive space

I agree although i usually do that with my minidiscs just because Sony likes to make it a pain in the ass to transfer Mp3s without liscenses i can get around it but sometimes its just to much a pain in the ass I buy CDs to play on my stereo the ones i wanna carry around go onto a minidisc i think a lot of people do that with i-pods but do think having all that shit backed up on your comp is a major waste of hardrive space
    Well, after you upload your music onto your iPod or whatever the eff these kids have nowadays, you could always just delete the music off your computer. But for the less fortunate kids, well its Rip to comp, and CD's to go with you.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I'm guessing you don't travel much...

I don't leave without mine. It's a lifesaver and space save since even a CD holder is a pain to deal with. I'm a plane person so I can't realy just leave them in the car plus transfering songs over to it is easy and fast. You can go anywhere and always have your music library with you...I find myself listening to MORE music as a result than I ever did with CD's or a CD changer.

It has nothing to do with being "cool"...but hey if you like dealing with stacks of CD's go right ahead...can't stand them myself.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Are you kidding me? a gig goes for $1 or less these days...it's a cheap and smart way to keep your Music collection safe, managable, and ready at hand to make mix CD's, MD's, Playlists...

Guess I'm just more a junkie for that kind of stuff than the rest of you. For me the Retail CD is not the end product...it's the delivery method or basis for things I can do after it...like a blank sketchbook.

Can't stand being stuck to using them as they are intended...that's too dull. I only use them at home to listen to on my main stereo...rest of the time their contents are on various HD's, PC's, MD's, Burned CD's, and the good ole iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Are you kidding me? a gig goes for $1 or less these days...it's a cheap and smart way to keep your Music collection safe, managable, and ready at hand to make mix CD's, MD's, Playlists...

Guess I'm just more a junkie for that kind of stuff than the rest of you. For me the Retail CD is not the end product...it's the delivery method or basis for things I can do after it...like a blank sketchbook.

Can't stand being stuck to using them as they are intended...that's too dull. I only use them at home to listen to on my main stereo...rest of the time their contents are on various HD's, PC's, MD's, Burned CD's, and the good ole iPod.
    Like I said I only use CDs for my home and car Stereo I also get them to show at least a little support for the artists thats not to say that i dont have a decent Mp3 collection

+ Reply to Thread