+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you go to weddings or funerals?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you go to weddings or funerals?

I find that I'm usually pretty good about turning up to support close friends and family when they are tying the knot. I'm not as regular about showing up for funerals as I sort of wish I were. Part of my issue with funerals is that the person you really want to see is, kind of by definition, not really there.

Do you go to weddings or funerals?

kshearsedriver's Avatar resident nut

Default Re: Do you go to weddings or funerals?

been to both within the last two months............both were family...........funeral for my aunt and wedding for my brother

Mother Superior

If it is a wedding or funeral for my family member, I will most definitely be there. Technically, no one really knows what happens to the body when we die aside from the shell . I go to a funeral out of respect and to celebrate their life and what it meant to me. It's not a pleasant situation to see my other loved one's grieving but it's the only way life ends for all of us. Maybe they just can't see anything anymore, it's possibly all blank. Who knows? I just hope it isn't a situation where you are alert and can see everyone at your funeral. I mean imagine... they put me in this outfit! I have seen a lot of unexplainable things in my life.... so I don't rule out anything or say something isn't possible.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I usually go to both, weddings are fun (the receptions are anyway, im never one to say no to free booze). And i sually feel wrong if i dont go to someones funeral.

I've missed some funerals which probably could have given me closure. I go to the wedding if I think the marriage is going to last more than a month or if I'm drunk. I've been to some Vegas weddings which were a fuckin blast even though I didn't really think my friends were going to stick with it.

and your little dog too

i have to admit i hate both weddings and funerals. too much conversation that is not at all what i want to be speaking of at those events.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I usually visit gravesites (or special places for the deceased) more than go to actual funerals. My relation to the deceased is personal. I do believe the soul goes on. I know they live on in our hearts.
    Weddings, sometimes. Again, I prefer to honor their vows on a continuing basis. I would reiterate that funerary rituals should be a matter of personal choice (as should weddings)

OEC

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I dont and havent gone to either.

I go to both. The funerals out of respect for the dead and weddings because they can be fun (I was invited).

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

funerals... ive been to only one in my whole life, my uncle, when i was probly 13 or so.
    weddings ive only been to a couple, but so far... theyve all been pretty boring, cause i dont really know more than half the people there, and nobody was even close to my age... but alot of my friends are getting married soon, so ill probably end up going to alot more weddings! and hopefully no more funerals.

I've been to more funerals than weddings. It seems more people I know are dieing than getting married, they just live together.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I tend not to go to funerals anymore mostly because I've been to way more than my fair share of them. I will go to a family one but generally only the service and not the wake or after reception or anything. Most people I know understand so do the people in my family that matter.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I forgot to answer the weddings part. I love weddings. Although the last one I was supposed to go to I wound up being un-invited because my friends soon to be wife found a photo of us cuddling in a sleeping bag when were something like 17 and said that she didn't want me there to interfere. It was the super stupid drama. So that was kind of disappointing but generally speaking weddings are great.

The crazier the better.

The Last Funerals I Was To Was My Dad, My Male Friend's Wife, And A Sucide Ex Boyfriend, Not In This Order. The Last Wedding Was My Male Friend And His Bride That Died. Morbid.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Im surprised no ones immaturely said..

LOL WHATS THE DIFFERENCE!!!!????

but i guess i just did

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

they got to be a really good friend before I'll go to thier wedding, and I've been to so many funerals that I'm actually bored of them

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I went to my sister's "Barbie Pink" wedding recently. They wouldn't let us sit at the backof the church, lowering the tone. Haven't been to a funeral recently.

+ Reply to Thread