+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You remember how to write, right?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default You remember how to write, right?

Well for those of you who can put politics aside and want to start an old skool pen pal like connection with a soldier in Iraq a program called My Soldier has sprung up started by a combat vet of the ongoing conflict.

Letters have always been gold in combat zones so If you're up to the task I'd give some thought to this...it's worthwhile.

Go here for more info: http://www.mville.edu/news/NEWS_nov04_mysoldier.HTML

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: You remember how to write, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Well for those of you who can put politics aside and want to start an old skool pen pal like connection with a soldier in Iraq a program called My Soldier has sprung up started by a combat vet of the ongoing conflict.

Letters have always been gold in combat zones so If you're up to the task I'd give some thought to this...it's worthwhile.

Done deal. Awaiting the address of my new penpal.

Congratulations, you have successfully enrolled in the My Soldier program. Due to the overwhelming interest we have received you will most likely receive your starter kit in five to eight weeks. We ask that you please be patient as we respond to everyone who has signed up.
    In the meantime, if you have supplied a valid email we will email you your soldier’s contact information and mailing instructions within one week so that you can begin correspondence with a soldier immediately.
    Check our website's FAQ section for additional information. If your concerns are not covered on our website please direct any additional questions to mysoldier@mville.edu.
    Thank you for registering for the My Soldier program!

Regards

OEC

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Great idea!

If I didn't already have 3 family members over there, I would definately sign up.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i definately will, i send letters out to my cousin, he says its the only way they can all get through it.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I had a soldier fan, from my website, The Nuns website. He used to send me pictures from the battle field, describe things, etc.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Good to see people sign up. I was realy impressed with how simple they kept the idea...easy way for people to do a lil something. I'm curious if their is something similar for the men and women from the other allied armed forces in the region. Wouldn't mind giving my thanks to British Forces for example.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Good to see people sign up. I was realy impressed with how simple they kept the idea...easy way for people to do a lil something. I'm curious if their is something similar for the men and women from the other allied armed forces in the region. Wouldn't mind giving my thanks to British Forces for example.
    The British have had this idea going since heaven alone knows when. During my time in the Gulf I wrote to literally hundreds of people who had written to 'A Soldier' - especially those that no one else wanted. In the UK it's a case of writing to anyone at all - A Soldier in place of the name - and then including the right BFPO address for whichever conflict area you wish to write to. A Female Soldier works too...

+ Reply to Thread