+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Serial Killers....SAW II

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Default Serial Killers....SAW II

Ok, Saw II is coming out. I must say, I thought "Saw I" was stupid and predictable.

But Saw II is looking more promising. It gets into storyline more and the background of this dude....

I wouldn't call him a 'serial killer' as he does not fit into the profile of one. Rather, he just kills for his amusement and for his own reasons (ie: if you don't appreciate life...you don't deserve it...MAJOR GOD COMPLEX THERE!)
    Anyone going to see it? Comments????

What constitutes a 'serial killer' to you guys...multiple killings in the same fashion...or those who kill many people in random fashion...

And what would motivate you to kill?

Me....if you get in the way of me and my coffee pot...you're one dead mofo...

Default Re: Serial Killers....SAW II

'what defines a serial killer?'

I've had this discussion with friends recently... is george bush a serial killer? there are drug dealers we know about who use some pretty vicious, and sick ways of eliminating the competition... are they serial killers? or just mass murders?

I think one of the key components is doing it 'without the thought of materal rewards, or ulterior motives' (like a political agenda...)

although the line is pretty close in alot of cases (watch 'the trial of henry kissinger' for example)

personally I'd kill for politics, religion(I'm a Thugee dammit), self defense, or if the wiring in my head goes bad again...

...I can't really watch movies about serial killers anymore though... had my fill after the debcale that was 'hannibal'

exile

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    I've had this discussion with friends recently... is george bush a serial killer?
    not a serial killer but well up there as a war criminal in my opinion.

I was being rhetorical about bush...but you got the idea.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Politics---blah blah blah, Religion---blah blah blah, i'm not intrested today.
    I'm gonna see it when it hits DVD, but not before.
    And what would motivate me to kill? My mood, that's about all it would take. I get pissed pretty easy and I hate a lot of people/stuff/etc. so I think its just a matter of time before someone goes bang bang your dead.

We are getting a bit mundane with the politics/religion/race thing, aren't we?

Hmmm.

I liked the first SAW. The gore was good, it was shot pretty well, and I just like slasher movies regardless of predictability. Perhaps my standards are a bit low because there are so few outstanding horror movies.

What would motivate me to kill? Hmmmm...
    The line at the DMV has almost been enough to set me off. Seriously, a lot of things hypothetical?

If you wanna be technical he never kills anyone.. in the movie he even says " Iv'e never killed anyone.. it's always in their hands wether they die or not" But i think the FBI states that anyone who kills 5 people or more withen a certain time period is deemed a serial killer. Im not sure though..i read it somewhere in an article about the BTK killer.

BTK was of course my favorite psychopath- he was so unseemingly strange..... I study these guys, so their minds astound me in how deviant, yet how calm and 'normal' they can seem. I'm convinced it is an overabundance of some chemical (or lack) or a specific receptor in the brain...something in the brain that is deviant- a physical brain abnormality or a misfire of electric energy in the brain--..that makes them do what they do. I'm going to find it all out before I die. I've read like 10 books on serial killers, and some of them from head criminologists, etc (boring, boring stuff...but I put myself through it for the sake of science).
    You are right..I forgot about that one line. Hmmm. I have to see the movie again.
    And DMV...geez...I used to work for them...so believe me, I understand (shakes head).

It's hypothetical. I never really WANT to know..it would make me seem bonkers to ask in reality these things of people I did not know. I love how the mind works, and love input. I also love creating crazy topics like this and making people truly think I am insane (those who do not know me or frequent this board much would think I'm some psychopathic nut if they just caught a whiff of some of the topics I have started and read a few of my comments)--however, sometimes it is humorous to live up to other people's blind mis-conceptions it's fun.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

I liked the first SAW. The gore was good, it was shot pretty well, and I just like slasher movies regardless of predictability. Perhaps my standards are a bit low because there are so few outstanding horror movies.
    somehow... toe cutter got into my brain... im scared.
    i cant stand all those movies like "i know what you did last summer" and "scream"... those make me want to die laughing... but i really liked the first SAW... and i wanna see #2 in the theaters haha...
    dammt we need to make some scary movies.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hmmmm serial killers tho... i think anyone who feels a strong need just to go out and pick someone up and kill them in some certain way over and over again is a serial killer to me... i was all facinated by serial killers in grade 9 or 10.. .i think everyone goes thru that phase hehe.... i read a couple books on jeffrey dahmer (he was my favorite) one book was written by his father actually... i dont remember the name of it or anything but it was really an amazing book...
    took out helter skelter from the library... the whole book reeked of pot hahaa... someone was smokin up and learnin about charlie manson for sure.
    john wayne gacy's dayjob was a childrens performer. he was a clown. if thats not disturbing, being a clown for kids in the day time, then hiding bodies under your house at nite... i dunno what is.

The idea of Scar 13 with a chainsaw...
    Hmmm. Actually, its kinda a sexy thought.

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

I'd have to say someone who kills ferequently is a serial killer. Not necessarily kills directly, but who directly forces death. Would the Saw guy be one? Most definately: he forced people to kill or die to sescape. George Bush? No; he's a warmonger, something far more stupid and more legal. More moral? I'm not even touching that subject over the fuckin' internet. Can of worms. Can of worms.

+ Reply to Thread